Always try to be an investor instead of a short-term trader - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
lharost

Always try to be an investor instead of a short-term trader

Lately there is uncertainty for new projects we never know If they will be successful If they fail or if they have any value, long-term investments are in my opinion quite risky as Trading Perhaps with Trading if you are an expert you can make big gains But even big losses instead by leaving the tokens on your wallet stationary is the same uncertainty you can make a profit or you can make losses sometimes however the tokens become useless and no longer listed on any Exchange

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I agree because short term trading is not applicable to all person and the most effective is long term trading. Yes it will take long time but mind you after you invest you patience, work hard and asset you will be rewarded soon.

• +1 1

Being an investor is a very good option and to be honest, most crypto projects even if they do not last they generally start off pretty strong due to the investments in that project and chances are that if you diversify your portfolio for investment, at least a few of them will work out that will more than cover the losses of those that did not materialize. This is the most important in my opinion. also, investment requires more specified research, whereas short term trading requires more diverse research across various different cryptos, which can be harder for beginners. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

You are right we should be investor instead of short term trader. But i am dis agree for some point. Because i think here people in crypto world are for side income. So they do their main business and also get a little bit income from this short term trading. If anyone have no main business then he can invest as much as he want. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 9/7/2020 at 12:02 AM, lharost said:

This is one of those things that many beginners seems to forget, most of the time they think they can make more money in the market by just trading short-term which is not true at all specially in bear markets, if you are one of those people that tried both trading and investing for long enough you should know by now that investing over all works better if you know how to research thoroughly on projects (like roadmap, team members and most importantly their delivery of promises) and hand pick the best of them, but be careful and remember you should be really paying attention to every single detail in their project and you should not ignore even smallest problems that you see withing the project and you should invest accordingly.

So if you truly want to make money in both bull and bear market my suggestion is go ahead and do extensive research about trending projects in crypto that have larger market caps (because they are less risky to hold) and buy them at a better price preferably using TA and remember to diversify your capital into different coins, this certainly will be the easier way of getting profit in this market since you trust the project and you didn't bought blindly that you would feel any kind of stress or regret it moments later.

Indeed, as beginners sometimes we only think about short-term trading, beginners like me don't have enough capital to invest in the long or short term, so if I have to invest in a project I can't. As a day trader I also have a strategy if the market is not good, of course I will stop trading to minimize the risk of loss, so I prefer short-term trading rather than investing in a project.

• +1 2

On 9/6/2020 at 6:02 PM, lharost said:

This is one of those things that many beginners seems to forget, most of the time they think they can make more money in the market by just trading short-term which is not true at all specially in bear markets, if you are one of those people that tried both trading and investing for long enough you should know by now that investing over all works better if you know how to research thoroughly on projects (like roadmap, team members and most importantly their delivery of promises) and hand pick the best of them, but be careful and remember you should be really paying attention to every single detail in their project and you should not ignore even smallest problems that you see withing the project and you should invest accordingly.

Right, you have a good point. Investing long term has so much advantages compared to short term tradings especially if it is a beginner in question. Short term trading requires some in-depth analysis, chart reading skills and some ability to predict movements in the market in the nearest time possible; they tend to be less correct as they longer.

• +1 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

People have their own way of trading. Short-term trading helps to achieve a small of amount of earnings in a short period of time compared to investment trading. By investing you are increasing your earnings for the future, and the earnings keep increasing over time.

• +1 1

I like the point you make with this post and I agree with most but there are sometimes opportunities that we may miss if we only invest and don't ever trade or use our coins for staking. We can use the investbox in yobit and earn some more of the coins we plan to hold just by reinvesting them there.

• +1 2

On 9/22/2020 at 2:15 PM, cryptovlek said:

I like the point you make with this post and I agree with most but there are sometimes opportunities that we may miss if we only invest and don't ever trade or use our coins for staking. We can use the investbox in yobit and earn some more of the coins we plan to hold just by reinvesting them there.

True, there are countless of opportunities everywhere in crypto but with those opportunities also comes risk(sometime a great amount of risk) which means if you take that opportunity and somehow that does not work out as you though it would you can lose most of your investment that you could invest(long-term) in a well built fundamentally strong project and maybe make more than 10-20x in just 2-3 years.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

Investing and short term trading both are good and very profitable. But i prefer short term trading because its depends on our cleverness and researches. We select any volatile coin and any trading place for earning good profit. Investing is good if we select best project, its already profitable. But some times investing are cause of loss if any investment site are scammed. There is no work in investing, make investment and take profit. So trading gives us better benefits and its depend on you instead of investing. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

To become investor you need to give your time and have a lot of knowledge about the crypto currency so everyone starts as a short term trader only.

• -1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

I completely agree with your opinion of diversifying our investment in coin, we should not only depend on one cryptocurrency while investing that is a really high risk to do. If we invest in in many cryptocurrencies then our losses will be minimised in the worst case scenario.

this is true , i think people who like short-term trading is because they see it as a way to earn money faster than the other  earning methods but they missed a point here which is they also make just small amounts and they may lose sometimes but investing  can gain more profits if the chose the currency carefully , and also not to forget that it is less stressful so also beginners with basic knowledge can invest unlike trading

• +4 1

Very nice piece of advice. I completely agree long-term investments usually yield higher profitability than short-term trading, namely scalping, intra-day or swing trading. Yet, I personally know professional traders that do short-term trading for a life (full-time), they can actually benefit from both bullish and bearish markets by shorting/longing assets. Even though they generate enough money from trading to have a regular 'salary', they also manage a long-term portfolio, which is where they are actually making their wealth from.

نصيحة باهظة الثمن بالنسبة لي ، ولكن كمبتدئ أتساءل ، ما هي أفضل خمس عملات يمكنني البدء في الاستثمار فيها في هذا الوقت ، وعلى المدى الطويل ، ومقدار المال الذي يجب أن أبدأ الاستثمار فيه في كل من هذه العملات.

Hope there was a clear and specific answer, thank you.

Edited by Jeoani

Yes, in order to be a successful investor, you need to collect information about the projects you want to invest in and know the best time to buy.
Gathering information about investment projects helps you mitigate risks that may be exposed

I prefer investing that day trading, investing required a lot of patients but when you win you win bigger but trading can only give little profits but can also lose alot and hang.

• +1 1

I totally agree with you. You have to take into account all the factors that are behind a project, especially in crypto coins. This way you not only avoid investing blindly but also avoid falling into potential scams that would ruin your wealth.

• +1 1

But the advantage of short term trading is you can freely choose whether what coin you want. I mean if you see the first coin you been use in trading is decreasing or dumping, you can easily switch to other coin that you want and has a higher value. So for me, short term trade is much more good and I agree with most but there are sometimes opportunities that we may miss if we only invest and don't ever trade or use our coins for staking

YES, thats the point . Long-term trading is not on the safe But also much more profitable in the long run where is short-term trading is very risky and can lead to some huge losses in a short amount of time and it needs intensive research you also need to have proper knowledge about what are the condition of the market and is it right to invest in now or you should wait

• +1 1

This can't be stated enough. Invest and have patience rather that try to time the market every day.

In forex trading 70% end up losing money, and I could see the same picture in crypto.

This market is one of the most volatile if not the most. Prices are driven by hype and fear, and within minutes your portfolio can be worthless because of one bad rumor.

• +2 1

I think trading method depends on coins and situations at markets. Invest if you think that coin price will be grow in some time period. And trade when price is commonly stable and has small waves in some range.

• +1 1

Being a short term investor should be needed for a short time to earn money for long run trading. If you have a small amount of money, you can be a short term investor to make money to trade long term. I mean it is a level one needs to get a long term investment.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

2 hours ago, mbohhe said:

This can't be stated enough. Invest and have patience rather that try to time the market every day.

In forex trading 70% end up losing money, and I could see the same picture in crypto.

This market is one of the most volatile if not the most. Prices are driven by hype and fear, and within minutes your portfolio can be worthless because of one bad rumor.

I actually think it's even more than 70%, it's more like 90%, short-term movements are very hard to predict and can be used by market makers to trick an average trader into thinking one asset is going to pump or dump while in fact they will be pushing it in the opposite direction, that's the point I'm making here, if you trade short-term and look at the charts in lower time frames you will be making a lot of mistakes that could lead to a lot of unnecessary losses while if you trust a coin/project and done your research carefully about it you can easily hold it for years without worrying that much about it since you don't need to cash out soon.

• +1 1

1 minute ago, lharost said:

I actually think it's even more than 70%, it's more like 90%, short-term movements are very hard to predict and can be used by market makers to trick an average trader into thinking one asset is going to pump or dump while in fact they will be pushing it in the opposite direction, that's the point I'm making here, if you trade short-term and look at the charts in lower time frames you will be making a lot of mistakes that could lead to a lot of unnecessary losses while if you trust a coin/project and done your research carefully about it you can easily hold it for years without worrying that much about it since you don't need to cash out soon.

I totally agree with you on this point. And maybe 70% is a low estimate for this crazy volatile market.

The hype is moving much faster here compared to forex trading. And you need to make this more than just a full time job if you want to follow the money here.

Most will fail, making long term investments in solid projects more favorable for most who doesn't have the time to research 8+ hours a day.

• +2 1