Waterloo residents lost $430,000 to crypto scams this year. - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Moontong

Waterloo residents lost $430,000 to crypto scams this year.

In fact, around the world, many people have lost quite a large amount of money, because hackers and scammers in recent years have become very much! And this is sad. I hope that this problem will be solved somehow, and such cases will become rare!

• Useful or interesting 1

I have never heard about this place before but there can be some location targeting by scammers without knowing the reasons and why they were most targeting these people. Maybe it is an area that is not tight with people living in large distance with other to discuss about that. But there are not just them it is happening to all and in USA and europe.

This is a lot of money to be stolen from only a small city as Waterloo and the residents there should contact their authorities to make an investigation, maybe they will find something but it will be very small chance, I've read that sometimes scammers are found and some portion of the stolen money is returned.

• +3 1

I didn't know about this and it is very bad, scammers are trying many ways to steal money and crypto and still people make the mistakes and they send their funds to the wrong people. I'm doing everything in my power to learn how to protect myself and for this reason Crypotalk has helped.

• +2 1

So the scammers were sending these people to a Bitcoin ATM. Where they probably extorting them in some way as I don't think that anyone wouldn't find it strange to be asked to pay in a bitcoin atm. I hope that these people are found and placed in jail where they belong.

• +2 1

It is always very risky to enter any crypto related project because also after solid DYOR there is still chance that scammers have been pretending as legit project and making fake improvements in order to fool everybody to fall to their trap. It is because we have so many information that we are not able to distinguish what is real and what is fake news, hence scammers hidden on internet have very beg adantage in this game.

I hate scammers and they deserve to rot in prison. I will do everything and keep asking for their punishment to be increased. It is not only in crypto, depending on where you live you meet scammers every day and this because they don't care if they get caught they will be out very soon. So they keep scamming and living in filth without caring about other people.

• +1 1

Crypto is a great and real market and they invest in the fake project and  thats the main reason that they make scam. Crypto market is a good and best market and just the old coins are good and real so just invest in the real coins which are old and hold that for the long time.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Fraudsters use bitcoin, thinking that the money transfer process will remain secret and no one will be able to reveal their identity, but I read an article a while ago that many artificial intelligence bots are being programmed with their integration with big data analysis techniques to gain access to the identity of these fraudsters.

• +3 2

Everyone should know these rules:

Do not deal with an unknown party, no matter what he said to you. If he is not a source with a good reputation, do not deal with him or give him anything related to your account and report it immediately

51 minutes ago, Shaza Ahmad said:

Fraudsters use bitcoin, thinking that the money transfer process will remain secret and no one will be able to reveal their identity, but I read an article a while ago that many artificial intelligence bots are being programmed with their integration with big data analysis techniques to gain access to the identity of these fraudsters.

Actually they don't need artificial intelligence, just some analytics software that create a pattern of addresses used but maybe they can add AI too, as mixers are used lately a lot and create difficulties to trace the transfers. You are correct the transactions can reach an account in an exchange and a transfer in a bank. At least the bank will know who the account belongs to.

I think there is some problem with the numbers given as there are different numbers given on the total cases but it doesn't matter a lot. The problem with scams is getting out of control and there is need for education so everyone avoids scammers easier. I've found one stupid scammer guy here messaging me with some stupid premade text he had ready.

I believe that they are to blame, they have already fallen into many scams and they do nothing to improve security, if they have already been robbed, they should be more careful with the scammers so as not to fall back into their trap, it is up to us if we fall back into scams or not.

The poor people that fall victims to these scams need justice and some scammers are playing a dangerous game. There have been many of them arrested and are in jail today and still there are many groups that bring people inside with promises of big money. This big money is not real as it is stolen and also it rarely is big for the scammer as even they are used by their bosses. Be fair people and don't let easy money corrupt you, stealing and scamming will not help you. I have seen very smart people to know that jail will not be a good thing for anyone.

must be careful and not respond to any message, scammers are stealing money mostly from people who don't know

• +1 1

I looked at this issue previously, and twelve residents of Waterloo were arrested in the bitcoin scam, and I hope they will be punished with harsh penalties so that no one dares to think about fraud and stealing people's money.

• +1 1

On 8/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, Swapzone said:

Bitcoin is decentralized, anonymous and the transactions made here are irreversible. This is the reason why many people use it as a method of scamming.

Yes, dear friend, I totally agree with you that scammers take advantage of the fact that Bitcoin is decentralized and their transactions are irreversible.
Good luck and big winnings for the whole community
A big greeting

• +1 2

Waterloo will invest in the fake coin and that is the reason that he lost his money or he invest in the fake exchaneg becasue now the scammers will make the fake exchanges and also the fake coins to scam with the peoples.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

You are right they are too fast and they are just trying to grab the money of others. Like you are saying they have grab 430000$... Disgusting.

This is really bad news and it makes many people afraid of using cryptocurrencies.

I think that all governments should create an awareness program in order to help people stay away from scammers.

OMG This is a very large amount of cryptocurrencies that is camped by scammers I think all the investors of cryptocurrencies should do a great security batch up on their walls and don't keep their currencies at one place so they can prevent from scammers and save their money from them.

• +3 1

Dear in general, working in the field of cryptocurrencies or any field in general about cryptocurrencies has scams in general, so I generally advise not to share the private wallet key, with any note, and the most important thing is not to listen to any spam. Thank you very much

• +1 1