Do you use one or more Bitcoin addresses? - Page 4 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Do you use one or more Bitcoin addresses?

4 hours ago, Marat159 said:

To be honest, I only have one bitcoin address. But if you use multiple addresses, then I think that this will make it difficult to monitor all transactions. And so if this does not bother you, then why not. 

I have my one primary address and I use to all transaction to familiarize myself on every transactions I made. Having too much wallet addresses will just give you headache.

I think it is not obligatory to always generate another address. I have several BTC addresses, but that's because I was conditioned to have more, because I have accounts on several exchanges. And only one BTC address is sufficient, because it is the public address and no one can hack it, if you take care of the security of your account.

4 hours ago, wingfield said:

I think it is not obligatory to always generate another address. I have several BTC addresses, but that's because I was conditioned to have more, because I have accounts on several exchanges. And only one BTC address is sufficient, because it is the public address and no one can hack it, if you take care of the security of your account.

If you connect it once with your Coinbase or any othr exchange with KYC ID then everyone knows who aou are from that point. If you like that, then you can continue using this method of yours.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:49 AM, hexwin said:

Do you use only one or more addresses for Bitcoin?

You should know that using only one address makes you much more easily tracked by anyone,
so best way is to always generate new address when receiving Bitcoin.
This is something everyone can do very easy, and makes you much more private when using Bitcoin.

What do you think about this?

Using multiple addresses might be a good strategy for the security. Also, using multiple platforms to store your bitcoins is OK. Like hardware wallets, reputable online platforms with cold wallets, etc.

10 hours ago, Saqib Ali Sadiq said:

i use only one bitcoin address which i am using since last 3 years, but you can generate new address every time, but i am using the only one address which is easy to remember and easy to use, so i am very happy with it.

If you are using only one address for receiving all the transactions, it's very easy to track you. It is highly recommended to use one address only 1 time. Well, it's still possible to trace you if you don't reuse an address but it make the trace process more complicated.

10 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

If you are using only one address for receiving all the transactions, it's very easy to track you. It is highly recommended to use one address only 1 time. Well, it's still possible to trace you if you don't reuse an address but it make the trace process more complicated.

Some people don't want to use one address because they are lazy bro...
Same thing can be said for wallet security or kepping crypto on exchanges.
I don't understand that at all

Just now, hexwin said:

Some people don't want to use one address because they are lazy bro...
Same thing can be said for wallet security or kepping crypto on exchanges.
I don't understand that at all

I think it's not because they are lazy, it's because they either don't care their privacy or they don't know the possible problem with reusing an address. To be honest, a lot of people are using cryptocurrency but they don't know the basic of cryptocurrency, it's good though in some ways.

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

I think it's not because they are lazy, it's because they either don't care their privacy or they don't know the possible problem with reusing an address. To be honest, a lot of people are using cryptocurrency but they don't know the basic of cryptocurrency, it's good though in some ways.

Maybe they don't know why it is important, but when so many people are telling them about it, and they still don't want to use more addresses that means they they are a bit lazy... or a bit more lazy.

I created this topic to teach someone about that

Just now, hexwin said:

I created this topic to teach someone about that

You can't change anything. I welcome the decision of Sportsbet that they are promoting bitcoin on their jersey and their website is promoting the bitcoin.org website which is very good at creating awareness. Some of these kinds activity can create awareness around and change.

Just now, xBDT Script said:

You can't change anything. I welcome the decision of Sportsbet that they are promoting bitcoin on their jersey and their website is promoting the bitcoin.org website which is very good at creating awareness. Some of these kinds activity can create awareness around and change.

Sportsbet idea is good, and yes I know I can't change everything, but if one member learns why it is important to use more than one address I would be happy, as he will spread that to more people.
I don't expect all of them to learn 😉

• Useful or interesting 1

If you connect it once with your Coinbase or any othr exchange with KYC ID then everyone knows who aou are from that point. If you like that, then you can continue using this method of yours.

That's right, but KYC should remain confidential and be used only as evidence of registration. I believe that generating more BTC addresses can mislead the investor, especially since many people are beginners.

1 minute ago, wingfield said:

That's right, but KYC should remain confidential and be used only as evidence of registration. I believe that generating more BTC addresses can mislead the investor, especially since many people are beginners.

Nothing is confindetial as we saw in previous hacks and leaks.
how many times we heard about leaks in Binance, Yahoo mail and all other ...too many times.
All they need to do is insider info...and job is done.

3 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Nothing is confindetial as we saw in previous hacks and leaks.
how many times we heard about leaks in Binance, Yahoo mail and all other ...too many times.
All they need to do is insider info...and job is done.

But unfortunately all the major exchanges require KYC and we have to do it. If KYC does not remain confidential, then I wonder if I will create another account on other exchanges.

• Useful or interesting 1

2 minutes ago, wingfield said:

But unfortunately all the major exchanges require KYC and we have to do it. If KYC does not remain confidential, then I wonder if I will create another account on other exchanges.

Binance can be used with no KYC... and there are othere decentralized exchanges and Atomic Swaps.
We should work more on this, and avoid kyc as much as we can.

4 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Binance can be used with no KYC... and there are othere decentralized exchanges and Atomic Swaps.
We should work more on this, and avoid kyc as much as we can.

Yes, what I noticed is that many airdrops have appeared now, which don't give you more than $ 2-3 or maybe even this money, but which require KYC to participate in their campaign. That sounds silly to me and I wouldn't sign up for an airdrop that KYC asks me to do. Binance knew that it can be used without KYC, but as far as I know for Binance JE KYC is required.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:47 AM, meowmeow said:

Same thing with me. I use more than one bitcoin address to secure my funds. I split all of my money in different wallets so that if my other wallet got hacked, not all the money that I have will be stolen. Using one or more bitcoin address really improves your security and avoid the hackers.

This is good no hacker can steal all your coins, if you got hack only a portion of your crypto assets will be taken from you and you will still be left with some, this is a great way to avoid losing all your crypto assets.

27 minutes ago, Wrath said:

This is good no hacker can steal all your coins, if you got hack only a portion of your crypto assets will be taken from you and you will still be left with some, this is a great way to avoid losing all your crypto assets.

That's a great idea actually, if remember several members here had already told that never put eggs in one basket, so that if some of your basket will lost you still have remaining basket in your hands, in which is same thing you mention. This is for our own benefits in the end. 

2 hours ago, reblamon said:

numeriсаlly from оne privаte key one сan disсоvеr the seed оf thе wallеt.

Though off topic here, is it really possible and if yes, how? I never knew that seed key can be recovered from one of the address private key. I think you are missing something or you had a typo. As per as I know, private key is a key to decryption of data encrypted by the public key.

22 hours ago, elmolol said:

No, i usually use one bitcoin address even though i also have accounts from other sites like coinbase or blockchain

because its a waste of transaction fee to keep using different wallet address

What do you mean by wasting transaction fees? One wallet can produce unlimited addresses. So basically, you are using one wallet with a different address.

4 hours ago, meowmeow said:

That is the real deal. To isolate the hackers if your account got hacked. Having a multiple address will help you to lessen the probability of wiping the money in your hacked account.

Making multiple bitcoin wallets to save your coins will make it difficult for a hacker to wipe out your entire savings, they will only have access to a portion of your coins, this is a good way to protect your coins.

6 hours ago, Clid said:

I have 5 different address currently and i was devided all of my bitcoin into those address and OP says it's true that never put all of your money into one basket because if the hackers can crack your password then you will lost all of your bitcoin

Nice to hear someone is thinking correct, and dividing addresses.

Anyone can divide and use one address for work, other for keeping, and third for some payments

11 hours ago, Faker said:

I have several addresses.  But on the blockchain wallet, when I received bitcoins, it appeared a new wallet address even though I only had one account, but when I deposited it into the new address, bitcoin still entered my account, not knowing how they did it.  hey, the addresses change all the time

That is nothing magical ... and I would suggest you to better use Electrum wallet or buy Ledger wallet.
They have same function like this.
You have one private key and that key can generate many addresses to keep your privacy.

7 hours ago, hexwin said:

You have one private key and that key can generate many addresses to keep your privacy.

I hope you will not mind my interfere here. Private key is a key for decryption of data from Public key, so one private key = one public key (which is the address), you can't have more address with one key. For each public key or address, a private key is assigned to decrypt the data.

2 hours ago, eavvecgift said:

I didn't knоw that Rесоrd makes mоdеrn аddrеss eaсh time... So what happenes whеn sоmеbоdy needs to put stоrеs from аll these addressеs in onе put? Hе must pay ехchаngеs for eасh аddress he madе within the pаst?

Why do exchange will charge for new address?

Moreover, you must not use any exchange for storing BTC, they are not safe and the deposit address barely get changed. You can use any other software wallet which is more convenient to use and UI is user friendly. You can create as much address as you want, there's no limit for creating new addresses.

For example Electrum: https://electrum.org/#download

35 minutes ago, Chaknu said:

For security reasons, the wallet I use. I always use more addresses, so hackers are difficult eyeing our wallet. But remember that even a lot of addresses don't guarantee 100% security, hackers are always find a gap. So from that remain vigilant in making transactions.

Correct, but this is minimum that we all can do. Using new address for sending is not hard at all, but if you want better privacy and security you can use coinjoins