Do you use one or more Bitcoin addresses? - Page 5 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Do you use one or more Bitcoin addresses?

On 10/19/2019 at 4:49 PM, hexwin said:

Do you use only one or more addresses for Bitcoin?

You should know that using only one address makes you much more easily tracked by anyone,
so best way is to always generate new address when receiving Bitcoin.
This is something everyone can do very easy, and makes you much more private when using Bitcoin.

What do you think about this?

you are right, i have no hardware wallet but i use coinbase, yobit and binance to store my btc. all the time while recieving btc, i generate new bitcoin addresses.

Bengali?

View this Topic

2 hours ago, Emma said:

you are right, i have no hardware wallet but i use coinbase, yobit and binance to store my btc. all the time while recieving btc, i generate new bitcoin addresses.

You are wrong!

You are not using coinbase, yobit and binance to store , but you use them to TRADE bitcoin.
That is why exchanges are called exchanges and not storanges.

Edited by hexwin

On 10/19/2019 at 2:19 PM, hexwin said:

You should know that using only one address makes you much more easily tracked by anyone,
This is something everyone can do very easy, and makes you much more private when using Bitcoin.

basically you can have many BTC deposit addresses for 1 wallet on exchanges like yobit. but it does not matter they're all linked to your main wallet and i don't think it effects your security.

http://bit.ly/2K0fwtx

On 10/31/2019 at 7:40 PM, hexwin said:

You are wrong!

You are not using coinbase, yobit and binance to store , but you use them to TRADE bitcoin.
That is why exchanges are called exchanges and not storanges.

i am not wrong sir. i was telling about coinbase wallet, not coinbase exchange. coinbase exchange is not available in our country but the wallet is available. and yobit and binance is exchange, i am bit wrong in this sector😔

Bengali?

View this Topic

It's pretty easy to change addresses every once in a while so I do that sometimes though I don't do it often. Much easier to just use one every time :P. 

Yes i use more than one bitcoin address it allows me to have saves my bitcoins on multiple online wallets, this help protect my funds when one wallet is hack the hacker wouldn't take everything.

Right now I only use about 2 Bitcoin addresses for the main address, The first address to receive bitcoin from campaigns like bounty or airdrop when I exchange it to bitcoin and the the other one I use as an address to store profits from my trade/week, too much use different address I don't think the address is really needed if we only have small assets.

I personally definitely have much more than one Bitcoin wallet address. Because why not? First of all, it's just smart to keep personal funds separated from business accounts and miscellaneous, and secondly the same concerns of savings and current accounts.

12 minutes ago, kiskat said:

I have few addresses in different wallet types. I always prefer to have more wallets than sticking with a single wallet. I believe this is minimizing my risk even with cold storage. I do have exact address count.

It is nice to create new wallet address it depend what you like it does cost you a single satoshi to create new wallet address , so it is better to create new one 

Good Luck 
Thanks

On 10/19/2019 at 11:49 AM, hexwin said:

Well, in my oppinion I don't see the need of generating an address everytime you receive Bitcoin, but I understand why you say this and using several addresses is very mportant. I think that in general you are right, not only regarding privacy, but also in terms of security... splitting the eggs between baskets can help to reduce losses in case there is a breach 🙂

in my opinion is to use more bitcoin addresses for trading because if someone hacked one account the others will remain safe and the amount lost will be less

On 10/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, hexwin said:

I like your question and also include your opinion.
Actually using a single address is very simple in running it but the risk is that if our address is traced then the address will automatically disappear quickly, but if using multiple addresses we can easily anticipate the loss of one because it is tracked by people so I think it's better to use multiple addresses to better anticipate and easier to get lots of profit from bitcoin.

Yes you are right and thanks for share this. I am using different btc address. I don't use same btc address multiple times.  

last past i used it every new transactions generate address but now it doesn't, i move in market for me address bitcoin better in market so we can trade everytime if we want

On 10/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, Grace said:

I just use one Bitcoin address.But i have a lot of accounts on different exchanges so i think it wouldnt be that easy to follow me.

Good opinion and I like your opinion.
In my opinion, you are smart to have thoughts like that because you only have one bitcoin address but you have many accounts on different exchanges so that many people who can not reach or are not so easy to follow you.
Such thoughts are good and should be exemplified because such thoughts are very difficult to reach by many people.

2 minutes ago, Nafiu50 said:

Yes but to me I think is a risk but still is not a risk it will help in the other hand not to loose all funds and in some other hand is risk when you hold one and lost the key the lost will be to high

yes of course this one of my cryptotrading rules that i follow , never put my eggs in one  box , if the box droped all your eggs will broken 😉 , exactly like in trading 

On 10/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, hexwin said:

I have several Bitcoin wallets, it's just that I got them from several exchanges. thank you for reminding me to have several wallets so that they are not easily tracked, because I only have 1 ERC20 wallet

On 10/19/2019 at 6:49 AM, hexwin said:

I strongly agree with you, using several bitcoin addresses allows you to avoid being tracked, since using one gives third parties more advantage of tracking your movements in the Blockchain.
It is better to use common sense and use various addresses even so you can also have a small folio of addresses, that is, variety and versatility to avoid being restrained.
People should get used to using various addresses, it is ideal to make sense of more anonymity to bitcoin.

I use a bitcoin wallet more than 3 wallets, this is only to avoid hacker attacks. so don't put all the eggs in one basket.

Oh there is. Or would you place a list with all your transactions at the door of your flat so that everyone can read everywhere where you sent money to or received money from? Allowing that different bitcoin addresses are connectable leads to you letting everyone know where you are involved. If you tipped some cammodels, you took part in ponzies or whatever. It could be seen relatively easy.

I used only two bitcoin address one is for business transactions and the other one is for my personal use. Somehow i managed to hide my identity by using two bitcoin addresses.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

Yes it's use multiple bitcoin Address and multiple wallets to  store bitcoins. I have my bitcoins in coinpayments Wallet , blockchain Wallet, cryptonator Wallet and in Exchanges like binance, kucoin, bittrex etc so generally i have more than 4/5+ Addresses which is use to spend,store bitcoins.

9 hours ago, jore1 said:

two addresses may not be very safe for me so I have them in separate parts and only I know how many parts it makes me safe

I doesnt matter how many addresses you have atleast you know how to protect your identity thats the most important.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!