What is Portfolio? (explanation) - Page 2 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

What is Portfolio? (explanation)

Yep, it contains all of your investments and some provides a graph or chart of your total investments on each coin or token that you invested on. I think it is really helpful that there are applications where you can see your portfolio, because you can manage your investments easily.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 10/7/2020 at 6:07 PM, Jamillove2580 said:

As I am new here my portfolio is not aware of it in advance.  But I am interested to know about it.  Because I want to know about it because I will work here and if I work I need to know about everything.  I would gain a lot of knowledge if I could learn about it

If you want to learn you dont need to write that you want to learn, write if you have some question.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, nomercy7788 said:

I use many portfolio in my phone the best one in my opinion is the BitUniverse application you can track all your coins and create a portfolio with your coins or just import other wallet or exchange and they do the work for you

Like all portfolio apps or websites.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:30 PM, Viscount said:

Yep, it contains all of your investments and some provides a graph or chart of your total investments on each coin or token that you invested on. I think it is really helpful that there are applications where you can see your portfolio, because you can manage your investments easily.

Yes I agree with you, that portfolio makes it easier for you to check your investment (different coins/tokens) and check out how price going.

4 hours ago, Lushe12 said:

A portfolio is a compilation of materials that exemplifies your beliefs, skills, qualifications, education, training and experiences. It provides insight into your personality and work ethic.

"skills, qualifications, education, training" what you talking about?

If you can to explain your comment, because I dont understand at all how portfolio give you "skills" or "education"?

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Portfolio explain your past works and your skills. A good portfolio consist of different information's like Skills and level of skills, Past works, Testimonials, availability.

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:22 AM, Lushe12 said:

A portfolio is a collection of financial investments like stocks, bonds, commodities, cash, and cash equivalents, including closed-end funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). ... A portfolio may contain a wide range of assets including real estate, art, and private investments.

6 hours ago, Khan said:

Portfolio explain your past works and your skills. A good portfolio consist of different information's like Skills and level of skills, Past works, Testimonials, availability.

I dont know if you are new in crypto or you did not read at all topic and previous commnets but what you write in your posts is not same what I mean in this topic.

I'm talking about Cryptocurrency portfolio which means that you insert your investment in Cryptocurrency not "real estate" not "past works" etc.

This is Cryptocurrency forum and I'm talking about Cryptocurrency, as simple as that.

Please try next time just start with fact that this is Cryptocurrency forum, and at least read previous comments. :classic_wink:

For example, a trader have many cryptocurrencies he is tracking, he will forget something of the coins if he does not have a list of the coins in somewhere, where he has the list and the list itself are called portfolio, just to be using it to know the coins he is following. 

• +1 1

Are portfolios really that necessary? Wallets especially the mobile ones are capable of performing all the tasks that a portfolio will offer, I stand to be corrected, but I think there's really no need for portfolios if you own a wallet 

1 hour ago, Frodler said:

Are portfolios really that necessary? Wallets especially the mobile ones are capable of performing all the tasks that a portfolio will offer, I stand to be corrected, but I think there's really no need for portfolios if you own a wallet 

You have portfolio mobile app too, but I understand what you want to say.

There are some mobile (desktop too) wallets which can give you same function like portfolio, total investment (coins), profit/loss etc.

Point is that all depend which wallet you use, and can you saw/follow same things on that wallet like with portfolio.

Answer on your question is that depend which wallet you use, if you dont have functions like on portfolio app then will be easier to use portfolio to follow your investments. 

On 10/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, Jamillove2580 said:

As I am new here my portfolio is not aware of it in advance.  But I am interested to know about it.  Because I want to know about it because I will work here and if I work I need to know about everything.  I would gain a lot of knowledge if I could learn about it

There is not hard about portfolio, let me make a clear example, you 10 cryptocurrencies you are tracking, you can open google sheet, write them their, or making use of app for such, checking the price and studying the prices. This is an example of portfolio, is has nothing to do with what you are posting here. 

16 hours ago, Sadaf23535 said:

Portfolio is a very good app because it record our lose and gains though our business.itbis very safe for its users.it have complete information about our earning

Portfolio is not supposed to be an app, but there could be an app called portfolio possibly an will perform the work of portfolio. But, there are many apps that are portfolio, also know that you can use a book and pen to create your portfolio and track the price of cryptocurrencies, it depends on what you like. 

Edited by Yomose

1 hour ago, Yomose said:

Portfolio is not supposed to be an app, but there could be an app called portfolio possibly an will perform the work of portfolio. But, there are many apps that are portfolio, also know that you can use a book and pen to create your portfolio and track the price of cryptocurrencies, it depends on what you like. 

"book and pen"? :classic_dry:

Very creative.

But I want to know some things, like for example how you will calculate (amount+price) how much in fiat value you have coins? And how much time you need to calculate all your coins/tokens and total value of that coins/tokens in fiat value? And one more thing, you will calculate every day your est. value of coins tokens? Do you maybe thing that is too much to work and you can simple use app for that? Or use some web portfolio?

22 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

"book and pen"? :classic_dry:

Very creative.

But I want to know some things, like for example how you will calculate (amount+price) how much in fiat value you have coins? And how much time you need to calculate all your coins/tokens and total value of that coins/tokens in fiat value? And one more thing, you will calculate every day your est. value of coins tokens? Do you maybe thing that is too much to work and you can simple use app for that? Or use some web portfolio?

I just used that as an example, to make your work simple, you can have your portfolio on sites like some exchanges that support it, but I make use of coinmarketcap for this, it is easy to know, and the price can be easily known ones you set the price and save the coins of interest. 

1 hour ago, Yomose said:

I just used that as an example, to make your work simple, you can have your portfolio on sites like some exchanges that support it, but I make use of coinmarketcap for this, it is easy to know, and the price can be easily known ones you set the price and save the coins of interest. 

"book and pen" is not good example for portfolio because it's does not have sense.

But you could to write about web portfolio, and some facts from your experience.

If you have investments in few coins/tokens it easier to use portfolio for sure. :classic_wink:

• +2 1

21 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

"book and pen" is not good example for portfolio because it's does not have sense.

But you could to write about web portfolio, and some facts from your experience.

If you have investments in few coins/tokens it easier to use portfolio for sure. :classic_wink:

I too agree with you, like I have ones commented, I only used it as an example for people to understand, but if I want to have my portfolio, it is online based which is better, easily and best to go for. 

• +1 1

Good explanation. The role of an investment portfolio is like a basket of assets or cryptocurrency that can hold Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple XRP....etc and more. Generally the investors or traders use this tactic to control many cryptocurrencies, and to manage or tracking their investments use the portfolio as method for their coins/tokens.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I do not think that someone had not heard about this but the great is very useful and I think this is what a beginner needs to know from the very first.I believe that the majority of people and crypto users have used this type of application as a blockphone and thus a very enjoyable experience for me as a crypto resource tool.

24 minutes ago, kelebekcafe38 said:

Portfolio is the total value of investment instruments such as cash, foreign currency, gold, bonds, stocks, deposits and bonds held by real or legal persons for investment and profit purposes.

I dont understand you (there are more comments like yours about gold,stocks etc.).

Why will I share topic about stocks and gold in Tutorials section when there are section Forex Trading.

In this topic I'm talking about only about cryptocurrency portfolio and that is it, and it would be better to not complicate topic with informations which is not connect with this topic.

Portfolio management is the first Thing that everyone coming for Crypto field should needs to learn. And if we could divide our portfolio into low risk coin and high risk coin then it would be helpful at the time of investment.

Personally, I use CoinStats Application for Portfolio management and until now it's very helpful for me. As I can see my portfolio performance so much easily, organised in single place. I think every trader's should use any Portfolio management apps. It makes whole thing easier.

• +5 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Portfolio  is a grouping of financial aasets such as a stocks,bonds,commodities,curencies and cash equivalents,as well as their fund counterparts,including matual,exchanging traded and close funds.

As i come to this post, I was in shock that.. what's this..where it come from. I'm not a portfolio fan honestly but i started taking interest in first few comments and it really helps me to increase my little knowledge about this thing. Keep guiding us 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:10 AM, BullRunBit said:

Portfolio is group of your investments/coins/tokens (etc.) on one place and you can see total value of your investments (/coins/tokens).

Example:

BTC (Bitcoin)

(1,000$)

ETH (Ethereum)

(500$)

(0.055 BTC)

DOGE (Dogecoin)

(125$)

(0.0134 BTC)

Total USD: 1625$

Total BTC: 0.1684 BTC

Many people use mobile apps for that, one of the popular cryptocurrency mobile portfolio is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blockfolio.blockfolio

Also this app have alert for price.

P.S. You dont need to deposit your coins you just need to putt numbers how much coins you have

and that will make you easier to tracking your all coins price movemants on one place.

If you have some other cryptocurrency portfolio app freely share.

Thank you so much for telling us about the portfolio. I didn't know about this but I have gained knowledge about portfolio from this post. That's why I like this "Tutorials" section and all of the posts of this section. You've written a very important and useful post for us. This post is very important for me and the other beginners of this forum. 

That's very important, what I know is that we have to deposit our assets in one wallet or applicationin other to access them easily.

Dear friend portfolio is simple the definition of yourself.

In simple words you explain yourself in your own profile.

Portfolio is as like a your own CV  which you make for your jobs.

Your cv is your hard copy and your portfolio is your soft detail

• +3 1

In fact, this topic you created has been very useful for those who do not know.  @BullRunBit I also wanted to contribute for your topic. Portfolio management is also important.

Portfolio management is the job of managing client portfolios as a proxy for financial gain. These transactions are carried out within the framework of a portfolio management agreement signed between the brokerage firm and the client.

Portfolios should be created and managed based on the investor's earnings expectation, maturity and risk profile. Portfolio updates should be made according to changing capital markets by monitoring performances instantly.

It basically  Stores all your data collectively ..... Apps are also used  for portfolio ..But it is very important for new people to know about the portfolio ..because portfolio has a track record of all your currency..