Are cryptocurrencies safe?(personnel information) - Page 12 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Hmrabey

Are cryptocurrencies safe?(personnel information)

Cryptocurrencies are safe because it depends on where you buy them and what cryptocurrency you are going to buy. ICOs are not very safe because they are projects that launch a coin and it is not known if they will be around for a long time.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:05 AM, CrazyIvan said:

Most of the cryptocurrencies are safe if you use your wallet properly. Most of the safety issues with coins arise when there are 3rd parties involved like exchanges, gambling platforms, ico platforms etc. 

Well, given my experience, I have not had problems with that yet, however, it is because I use the yobit platform that gives me full security in all the transactions I do

• Useful or interesting 1

The truth about these is that most people jump into investing and buying crypto currencies without having a bit of technical know-how, the authenticity of the kind of wallets we use, the platforms we use for exchange etc. Are all supposed to be properly examined before jumping into transactions. And if you can keep all these checked, then crypto currencies are the safest asset you could have☺

If cryptocurrencies are safe, in an exchange that are popular you will have your cryptocurrencies and your funds safe, they cannot be withdrawn without consent, activate the 2fa or save the API key

• +3 1

You probably know that blockchain is a technology that offers a high level of security. In fact, security in blockchain is such that practically none of the big projects have seen it directly compromised. And it stands out directly, because hacking secondary services is not the same as hacking the base of those services.

To put it in a simpler context, imagine you have a computer with an operating system and several applications. If a cyber-crook hacks one of these applications, but does not affect the operation of the operating system, then we can say that the operating system is secure and only the application has the vulnerability.

The security of cryptocurrencies depends a lot on the exchange site with which you relate, it is good to know the reputation of certain exchange portals in order to know who offers us security guarantees, for some time in particular I decided to give my trust in Yobit , and there is a powerful reason for doing so, this platform has a security certificate issued by CloudFlare Inc ECC CA-, which implies that the page itself is secure and that it is free from external attacks.

The cryptocurrencies are safe although its not that safe just like a fiat currencies safety, but the safe of cryptocurrencies is also need yyour support on keeping it safe. 

I believe that cryptocurrencies are safe as long as you don't give your data for verification to little-known sites / wallets / airdrops. In general, your safety depends on your actions, just like in the real world.

I believe that we must be careful to whom we give our data, in particular when I participate in Airdrops I do it with an email that is not the use for my bank accounts and virtual wallets, I am also always cautious. 

What I think is that the cryptocurrencies themselves are safe, it only depends on the page or application, just trust that and you will earn a lot of cryptocurrencies, even if you are a beginner, I still know something.

it is definitely safe. And you can buy, sell, trade and invest cryptocurrencies without problems. ... “I do not plan to invest a large amount, because the market is very volatile. Investors in bitcoins can make good returns or they will incur big losses

well, I think this is quite an important topic to deal with and I think everyone should take their identity very carefully, I mean not to perform KYC verification on all the websites they find!

Many people carry out that type of verification where they give absolutely all their data to complete strangers only for a few dollars and even for pennies in cryptocurrencies. I think that they should be more responsible with themselves and investigate the platforms well before delivering their data

I think cryptocurrency is very safe. To anticipate the sale of personal data such as KYC, do not give KYC to anyone, including exchangers, use exchanges that do not provide KYC provisions. does not provide any data to anyone. Use fake accounts on every social media or Google account so as to minimize the occurrence of any harmful hacks. Save your crypto assets to an external wallet so that there are no hackers there.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

When you work in the digital environment nothing is safe but if you see that a cryptocurrency has a roadmap and it looks reliable it may be safe anyway there will always be scams so be careful

In fact, these types of registration platforms that request all this data are often fraudulent and do nothing, so I advise you to stay away from them and every platform that does not offer high privacy to users because that should be a priority of the Working Group on these platforms

• +3 1

If they are not asking for KYC then they are considered safe, but projects exchanges and everything else when they ask for KYC and we send them, then we should know these are not safe and they are attacked and the data is stolen from most of them.

• +2 1

Don't give your personal information to anybody and you will be fine and not wonder if anything is safe or not. You just don't need to use KYC airdrops and KYC icos and you will have no problem. This can always be avoided there is no reason to give your information to anyone.

• +1 1

Crypto is safe if you make if safe, most cases the users are the  main responsible to being hacked by the scammers cause they fall into the trap of the scammers and lost their amount. They want to rich early that's the things bring them to a wrong way. 

• +1 1

The personal information should not be given to anyone online. It is used for some government institutions and some banks to open an account as this is the law, but for any private or decentralized project to ask for KYC it is stupid and they are probably scammers to ask for that. Although there was some strange law in Europe asking new blockchain projects to gather kyc information on buyers of their tokens.

• +2 1

Most cryptocurrencies are safe and don't require for any private data like phone number or identity. When you see one asking for these you should leave and do research on something else.

• Useful or interesting 1

I don't think that you understand the concept here. Cryptocurrencies are thousands and many of them are scams and most of the cryptocurrencies are useless. The good ones do not need to get your private information. You can buy Bitcoin from an ATM wearing a hoodie it won't ask you for identity.

• +2 1

Most cryptocurrencies are safe, unless you are not using the correct wallet, I advise you to learn more about safe wallets and coins to avoid this type of case

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Any data we store on the internet has the potential to be hacked. When we use the Internet, the chances of being hacked are also high. Hence in the cryptocurency world there are a lot of hacks and that is the case with fiat too. Most of the hacks occur on exchanges so one should be careful when using them. To minimize hacking, it is hoped that you do not send personal data, use an external wallet.

• +2 1