Constructive? Even no correct grammar. - Page 2 - Off Topic - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Andrew12

Constructive? Even no correct grammar.

17 hours ago, Andrew12 said:

We can read comments, posts and replies in such a manner that it is constructive but sometimes the grammar were incorrect. Should  we support it? Or report it?

Of course we have to try to stick to the grammar, but I don't think that if you make a mistake you deserve punishment. I haven't seen one here yet. Sometimes I make mistakes myself. Especially when writing a message in English. Because I'm not English speaking. But I consider it simply a human factor. I see nothing wrong with that

2 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

This is another problem of the forum you just point out and reason I am beginning to agree with people clamoring for more native languages. You can get banned for breaking forum rules because of your level of English language understanding! That's serious. I also believe this thread was started just to point that out and the owner of this thread wants to be a grammar police. 

OK. Your point is that people with low level of English knowledge should stay away from here or get banned due to their weak grammar in posting. 

But how much local boards you see on the forum where people could comment their native languages about crypto? Even so known Bitcoin talk doesn't have too many local boards. 

19 hours ago, Andrew12 said:

Kita dapat membaca komentar, posting, dan balasan sedemikian rupa sehingga konstruktif tetapi terkadang tata bahasanya salah. Haruskah kita mendukungnya? Atau laporkan?

irregular grammar, maybe he who writes does not understand the topic created and read correctly and thoroughly, in my opinion what I want to report with all such explanations. But if it is not included in the discussion of the forum clearly violates the rules that have been was made.

18 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Of course we should not and even if anyone does then the mod should not handle them as good. I mean not to delete the posts.

A lot of people do not speak English, I mean native, but they are able to write to express their opinions. In this case you really do not need to be very perfect but a minimum sense has to make.

Even a native speaker does not follow grammar properly most of the times. So to judge a constructive post I do not think we need to focus on grammar or spelling mistakes. We are not in an English class 😊

Well said. Let's see the root of the problem. People write in English boards, because of, in general, only such work stayed paid. Only few signature campaigns were paying for commenting in local boards on Bitcointalk as I remember. People come here for easy money by commenting and normally they go to comment to main English boards to have payment. 

Just now, Tatiana said:

Only few signature campaigns were paying for commenting in local boards on Bitcointalk as I remember.

The reason here is the everyone wants to get worldwide exposure and in the English section you have everyone from all the countries so the ROI is higher here.

However there are some campaigns who accepts local members and they want local exposure too. For example : Chipmixer lately picking their participants from local boards.

In my view, no need to report incorrect grammar. The crypto users are from whole world and not all of them are fluent in English. As long as we can understand what they are talking about, that's not a problem. 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:02 PM, Mathers said:

The forum isn't supposed to be an English class, although no knowledge is lost. However, In my candid opinion in as much as you can get the message being passed and it is constructive enough to be easily be understood. Then the grammar is probably irrelevant., but If you so wish you can decide to correct such person, such replies just should not be reported.

I agree that this forum is not an English class because some of the members here are not capable of constructing a fluent English. It is normal if you saw someone posting a wrong grammar sentences. The most important is that you can easily understand what they are up to, though you should not report them.

as long as you understand the context that someone’s conveying, i don’t think there’s an issue in that. that is why i do hope that there will be local language sections so that we can contribute information easily without any judgment and understand one another.

for me, as long as you deliver your message even if the grammar is not that good but you sent the context i think it is good enough. most of us here are non-english speaker but we’re trying our best. 

I know there are a lot of members aren't fluent with english. Including me. I don't care about grammar, But as long as i can understand what they were talking about, i won't report them if their post still relevant with the topic. I will only report some post which are spamming in some topics.

Edited by I-KUN