Be prepared for the worse - Page 3 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Be prepared for the worse

3 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Absolutely nit, I do not understand what you mean, how could me spiting my secret keys to different could storage is accepting the risk of centralization?

They are all centralized platforms. Which means you have no power when something happens to them. Do you understand my point?

Edited by lucky80

5 minutes ago, lucky80 said:

They are all centralized platforms. Which means you have no power when something happens to them. Do you understand my point?

Since they are centralized I think that is good, since they will not close their services before telling users to backup their failed before close date and they can not scam anyone.

19 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

Since they are centralized I think that is good, since they will not close their services before telling users to backup their failed before close date and they can not scam anyone.

Hahaha. Alright, mate. Do as you wish. That means you are ready to be centralized. I hope nothing will happen with their service, and you able to control your data.

21 hours ago, lucky80 said:

Hahaha. Alright, mate. Do as you wish. That means you are ready to be centralized. I hope nothing will happen with their service, and you able to control your data.

hehe, then in that case i will have to create my own private cloud storage sever, to avoid centralized companies.

12 hours ago, teminalibug said:

hehe, then in that case i will have to create my own private cloud storage sever, to avoid centralized companies.

Lol. and what will you use to create one, mate? That will take more resources. I think using offline records is safer and cheaper. However, you need to manage it properly. 

16 hours ago, lucky80 said:

Lol. and what will you use to create one, mate? That will take more resources. I think using offline records is safer and cheaper. However, you need to manage it properly. 

it is that part of management which worries, me for how long can I manage keeping those records safe offline.

8 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

it is that part of management which worries, me for how long can I manage keeping those records safe offline.

But it's better to manage the key offline. Well, you need to formulate it, mate. There are so many ways to maintain it offline. You can try to bury it in the garden, mate. Hahaha, it will become a treasure someday.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:21 AM, 1millionClub said:

Either do a paper wallet and hide it (don't use those online paper wallet creators*) or just memorize/write down your seed words which electrum gives you.

*One of those online wallet creator turned into a scam lately. I forgot which one. (bitaddress or walletgenerator) You better don't use neither.

If you cloned walletgenerator's github repo and then ran a local copy on your computer would you still get hacked?

Edited by McCree
Clicked post too many times by mistake

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

12 hours ago, HorbiDJ1 said:

I have my initial and private keys in multi-level encrypted documents, and then in archives with a zip, rar and 4gz password, and I also stored them on some network drives, as well as in other storage media.

What other storage media? Flash drive? Will you consider to write it on a piece of paper?

12 hours ago, McCree said:

If you cloned walletgenerator's github repo and then ran a local copy on your computer would you still get hacked?

All offline work is the safest.

I only use notepad because easy to use and I can save any data in there, not joking. So far I keep my device only in my hand, trust no one even my best friend to handle my device. I can't like you, this is my way but safe until now.

I always save my private key to a highly secured place and do one or two change to my private key so if anyone know the key then he cant access my account.

That is nice information friend.

But for me that is like complicated. How if your friend let's say who you give that seed paper. Then they try to unlock your wallet and become thief. That is bad idea!

For me i will never share my private key or seed, because it is privacy. For better protection just save it on safe deposit box in the bank.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

A thief will never take a paper copy of my wallet from me, as I will keep it in the most reliable place (safe) and I can repulse the thief! Or just give him my paper copy since I don’t have funds in my wallet

My way is very simple and easy in protecting my assets. Be prepared for the worse, I only write public, secret keys and 12/24 words pass phrases in the book, and I never save them online.

It is recommended that you use the hardware wallets, which have a high degree of protection, and prevent untrusted users from accessing them, or the use of wallets that are not connected to the Internet, so that you are away from the risks of theft and penetration of your wallet and theft of related cryptocurrencies.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:04 PM, hexwin said:

I would make sure to have both backup for my seed words and/or private key and password (if you have it)

Use some metal plates to carve your seed words to protect them from fire, or put backup in multiple safe palces that are protected from fire and water.

This is very much secured to store the seed word by doing it curve to any steel or iron board so that it cant be deleted also if the board is being fired.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:47 PM, xBDT Script said:

Okay I was asking a question yesterday to the community that "What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy?". Here is the topic.

The goal was to create awareness of about the situation like this and looking at the responses I would say there are enough buzz surrounding it. But my main goal was to discuss about the ways we can do so that we do not see us in a situation like this. How do we do that.

This is how I would do:

1. Instead of one copy, I would print more than one copy of my seed. (say two more copies)

2. I would put one copy in the safe box in a secure place of course (this is where the thief will get the printed copy with other valuable things)

3. The rest two copy will go to the 4 person I know but they do not know each others. I will cut off each paper into two. each side will contain 6 words of my 12 words pass phrase. Each copy will be sending to those each individuals. 

This is my way to avoid a situation like I have explained on that topic. Feel free to read that topic if you have not read it and let me know your idea of protecting your asset.

Thank you.

That is amazing I really don't know that and now it will really helped if something bad happen and I will know what to do.

5$ E-book That Will help or change you to be a Successful! 

https://gum.co/MIfTd

I always try to keep my wallet safe from the possible hackers or scammers. I will have a back up or another back ups on my wallet. Just in case I lose one of them. And I never share any of my personal information even for my friends. It's never hurt to be more extra careful

On 12/14/2019 at 11:33 AM, Nafim said:

"Wait for the worst" is a common quote in crypto currency world. Prices of coins can fall or raise anytime. One may incur loss at anytime. So one must be prepared. 

Mate, be prepared for the worst is commonplace everywhere. It's very useful when the environment you are working in is hostile to you but pertaining to cryptocurrencies, the market is usually the hostile one.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

17 hours ago, Bunny said:

I always did that, I mean prepared for the worst case scenarios in case something goes wrong with my wallet. But I always try to protect my assets and wallet, because I don't want something to go wrong.

Yes we all worry about that, all the time we prepare our self to the very bad thing because in this world every thing can be happens at any time. So yes agree with you

On 1/28/2020 at 7:42 PM, Rizwan ullah said:

we are alwasy prepared for those all ways that going to scam us and many of them just leave us awaay and went forever that gone and bring out our free coins,..

We are not discussing scammers. The topic is how we will prepare or save the private key so that we are prepared even if the worst happens.

1 hour ago, JoeDavid said:

I believe we are always prepared for whatever is to happen at any given point in time and for sure I have seen so much happening  and always preparing for whatever outcome is really good 

this is the best thing to do, because people come to crypto market and think its just an easy way to make money and for me i am always prepared for market pump or dump.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:00 PM, Crypto_trader said:

I recommended you always save both phrases and private key if you lost private key then you recover your account through phrases

i also think so . all should secure his wallet security just storing the private key or seed phrase and need to put them any place so that no one can steal it.

10 hours ago, Matchblower said:

We prepare for the both side either bad or good to be able to overcome it, it will be successfully for us

Yes right for good and bad thing and now we see a lot of exchange close without any reason like cryptopia Crypto bridge and more

• -1 1