Why the teams usually don't go through KYC? - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Why the teams usually don't go through KYC?

12 hours ago, John11 said:

It's is very easy to create a LinkedIn account and just add fake information there or just buy the account from someone so you can't fully trust those people that use Linkedin accounts as their identity 

Very true, that's why we need to smart. Check the information correctly and check the image of the photo of the profile, they usually take the photo from google. If it confirmed from the google, then it is 100% scam.

The know your customer method is now too risky. You are providing your sensitive information to a team of unknown person which is not good. By giving your ID via kyc, you take the risk of getting scam or get nothing in the end but anger and disappointment. You must choose the most trusted out there or else you're life's done. 

On 10/25/2019 at 11:50 PM, dentolas said:

A lot of people still uses facebook... and it was even used to win elections in several places... more blunt privacy violation is impossible

Besides trusting in any business caring for their users, there is also the issue of unwanted leaks, and the fact that you might never know what they have done with your documents unless you have problems someday

I agree with you. I now may favor that we have to stay anonymous on platforms. For that reason we have a lot of platforms in crypto which only care for the benefits of the users and do not ask the documents from them. 

1 minute ago, anikamishti said:

I always avoid projects that require Kyc because it can be vulnerable to my personal safety. In this crypto world, everyone is anonymous, no one wants to disclose his identity. 

In the new projects I favor your opinion because no one know that what will be the future of these new projects and they just collect the KYC and after their failure they can misuse these documents. 

27 minutes ago, Survay said:

I agree with you. I now may favor that we have to stay anonymous on platforms. For that reason we have a lot of platforms in crypto which only care for the benefits of the users and do not ask the documents from them. 

Crypto has developed a lot of social platforms that give the user a lot more waranties in what regards anonimity and privacy... if people realise they have lost their privacy, these platforms will have a huge success...

and there are also privacy aimed coins, which supposedly will give us our financial privacy back... but these are still developing and some have a lot of holes

Honestly I can't give my documents to some suspicious sites if they are honest and truelly pay that's fine but most of them Ara fake so do not give your documents unless your sure and worth. 

On 10/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, teminalibug said:

Sorry, I keep seen this KYC thing but I've no idea what it means anyone of you experts help me understand what is this KYC mean, and what is it about.

KYC means Know Your costumer, sometimes KYC is appeared in the exhanger or in a crypto wallet, just giving of your identity information to be sure that you are the user and giving them information that is validated.

I agree with you, people write KYC allegedly by legislative agreement, but in fact, in my opinion, most often KYC is the sale of a passport in case of legalization of cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrencies

Получай 20% с комиссии торговли при Регистрирации на бирже Binance

꧁×-×-$-$-$-$-×-×꧂

| Beyond | -  заставляет тебя расти как криптана👀

11 minutes ago, Ghetto workout said:

I agree with you, people write KYC allegedly by legislative agreement, but in fact, in my opinion, most often KYC is the sale of a passport in case of legalization of cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrencies

This is how you think that KYC is the sale of a passport?
I'm interested to know, because users send photos of their documents, not the passport itself.

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

10 hours ago, MyThoughts said:

This is how you think that KYC is the sale of a passport?
I'm interested to know, because users send photos of their documents, not the passport itself.

I did not mean to literally sell my passport. In other words, I meant selling my own anonymity in the Cryptocurrency world

Получай 20% с комиссии торговли при Регистрирации на бирже Binance

꧁×-×-$-$-$-$-×-×꧂

| Beyond | -  заставляет тебя расти как криптана👀

52 minutes ago, Ghetto workout said:

I did not mean to literally sell my passport. In other words, I meant selling my own anonymity in the Cryptocurrency world

Now I understand you.
But this is a necessary and very useful procedure.
Of course, if you are not going to do something illegal on the Internet.
(I don’t mean you exactly, I speak in a general sense)

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

12 hours ago, bonloru said:

Once yоu аre giving yоur dаtа thеn thеy produсt keеping it. You'rе  the prоvider and they arе thе taker but in their сase who will bе the tаkеr?

They should be the keeper and protector of the information you just shared with them. I believe if any project ask for people to do KYC it Shouldn't be a problem bit only that now we have seen what happens to the information people have shared over the years and that is dengerious.

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

On 11/1/2019 at 3:07 AM, opophle said:

This implies thеy ask your а duplicаtе оf your ID, in sоmе сasеs phоtographs with сertаin neсessities, etc... it dеpends on thе level оf KYС

Kyc on all levels isnt needed because in crypto we should remain anonymous so you don't need to know my identity at all you only need my address to send me my tokens thats all.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, dentolas said:

With so many KYC requirements around, and people being forced to go through KYC to get their funds back, or just to participate in bounties... I don't usually see any KYC being done from the team...hell, sometimes the guys are even anonymous...

Am I incorrect? have you seen projects demanding KYC with the team also following the rule? are these frequent?

why do people keep on feeding this system and don't start, at least, by asking KYC from the team?

for me, spreading personal info and documents on the web (KYC) is a dangerous business

Your question is very reasonable, sometimes people do not pay attention to the members of the team, but all should be fair to the investors. Many projects have vague members, unknown information and sometimes no real images appear

DYNAMIC INTEREST RETURN

https://hodium.com/?ref=cnguchi

1 hour ago, cnguchi said:

Your question is very reasonable, sometimes people do not pay attention to the members of the team, but all should be fair to the investors. Many projects have vague members, unknown information and sometimes no real images appear

I have even seen projects with anonymous developers and in which they were requesting KYC for bounty hunters and investors... for me this is the same as showing fake linkedin profiles on their website...

I think people need to start thinking about thse things and demanding instead of blindly investing

40 minutes ago, dentolas said:

I have even seen projects with anonymous developers and in which they were requesting KYC for bounty hunters and investors... for me this is the same as showing fake linkedin profiles on their website...

I think people need to start thinking about thse things and demanding instead of blindly investing

Yes. It is necessary for investors to trust the project, everything should be public and transparent

DYNAMIC INTEREST RETURN

https://hodium.com/?ref=cnguchi

You just need to learn to distinguish between projects that will sell your passport details and those that won't because they value their reputation

Edited by MCSGlegend

Sending KYC documents to certain website which you do not have prior knowledge of its reputation is dangerous. They could be indentity theft and your personal data could be used by them. One thing is for sure before you send KYC documents make a research and do background check on the company to avoid negative consequences later.

JOIN US AND WIN BIG PRIZES FROM DIFFERENT GAMES!!!

https://www.bitsler.com/?ref=Mandoy

On 08.10.2019 at 11:34, dentolas said:

With so many KYC requirements around, and people being forced to go through KYC to get their funds back, or just to participate in bounties... I don't usually see any KYC being done from the team...hell, sometimes the guys are even anonymous...

Am I incorrect? have you seen projects demanding KYC with the team also following the rule? are these frequent?

why do people keep on feeding this system and don't start, at least, by asking KYC from the team?

for me, spreading personal info and documents on the web (KYC) is a dangerous business

This is really a dangerous business. Today you transferred the personally identifiable data to the exchange, tomorrow the exchange transferred them to whom you wanted. The same tax service will write you an invoice for the entire crypto that you have on deposit, or even worse with each transaction.
I am personally afraid of this identification.

So many exchanges hwere they said about the KYC and so many sites don,t want KYC because its have some reason. Now KYC is requird on that time when you need to withdraw high amount from the exchange like 100BTC or 1000BTC in a single day.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

7 hours ago, WayOut said:

This is really a dangerous business. Today you transferred the personally identifiable data to the exchange, tomorrow the exchange transferred them to whom you wanted. The same tax service will write you an invoice for the entire crypto that you have on deposit, or even worse with each transaction.
I am personally afraid of this identification.

And to make it worse, there are black market operators that can use it for illegal activies, from forging IDs to forging KYC... and if the hackers can get inside the FBI, wouldn't they be able to get the KYC documents?

8 hours ago, MCSGlegend said:

You just need to learn to distinguish between projects that will sell your passport details and those that won't because they value their reputation

And how exactly can you know is a project is trusted or not? Because at the beginning when they are launched a lot of project seem very trusted but they end up being scams 

11 hours ago, dentolas said:

And to make it worse, there are black market operators that can use it for illegal activies, from forging IDs to forging KYC... and if the hackers can get inside the FBI, wouldn't they be able to get the KYC documents?

It’s bad if suddenly someone’s data is stolen and used for identification even worse, except for nologians there is a trade in prohibited goods and so they can launder money

2 hours ago, Malu said:

No. Why will they hide their identity atimes? We need them to go rigorous screening and there project to be subject to verification before approved.

Besides hiding their identity, there are some projects that ask for KYC from everyone else... and why is that they don't go through KYC themselves? It would go a long way in building trust if a developer was submitted to the same KYC requirements as an investor...always

Some places need KYC, but most of the those asking for the KYC also doesn't want to provide their data for record. The customer also want to know who are behind the project