Why the teams usually don't go through KYC? - Page 10 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Why the teams usually don't go through KYC?

The activation of documents or kyc is a variable matter from a site to a site, from one platform to another, and from one service to another, and this change follows the rules and outlook on the concept of private security and follows the extent of the impact of general laws on the sites or platforms.

• +1 1

KYC is very important and I suggest that we go through it. Doing KYC is a good tool because we can be able to know people behind transactions. This measure would help to reduce fraud and scams globally. Scammers take advantage of the privacy and commit various acts of theft.

I completely agree with you, the dissemination of my personal data on the Internet is dangerous. I am not against entering my data on the exchanges because I only use verified and popular ones. But I am against you having to conduct KYC when you receive an Airdrop. Most Airdrops are a scam after Airdrop, they can leak your personal data.

You need to learn to distinguish between projects that can sell your data, and those that never do. It all depends on the popularity of the exchange.
BUT I agree with you, people make up KYC supposedly in accordance with a formal agreement, but often KYC represents the sale of your data if transactions with cryptocurrencies are legalized.

I agree with you and I always think and say this to myself, and also do not trust any project that KYC asks for in order to get to know the project team, and I think this is our right as users to get to know you first. 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

You are correct about this point. In cryptocurrency market, KYC involves sending the scanned copy of your passport or national ID card to relatively unknown people who runs exchanges and promotes ICOs. many of them are anonymous guys. it's possible these documents end up on sale on various dark markets.

• Useful or interesting 1

This is extortion. If a bounty asks for KYC without having it stated in the rules before it begins it is probably a scam project and you should not pass their KYC. Even if they ask for KYC before you shouldn't do that but probably they know that.

I  have never seen any bounty manager and team go through KYC.We only see their names in telegram group where we don't know about them. Even we spent weeks, months in the bounty campaign we only know their I. D of telegram. Which can edit any time and they can easily deactivate their accounts. 

I would be good if they have some clear picture of them so we would be more confident on them. As a bounty hunter this question always rose in my mind whenever I join any new bounty. 

• +3 1

4 minutes ago, coticchia said:

@Syedbesharat You are absolutely right they should be a little more equitable as we have to show that we are real they should show us their identity and that way we would all have more confidence, that's why many people do not trust these types of internet businesses.

Well you and I are like other people who don't know how this business is run there these people come, what is their criteria and how they supervision the project. Their are tons of things we don't know about crypto industry because these are professional and cannot be disclosed to others. Which can the business secret like we can ask exchange to share the information of their security team or programmer who is responsible for keeping exchange safe. 

So we need solid question which can must have support and vote of crypto users to get bounty team info or KYC done. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Your point is very good, but what happens when the KYC is managed by themselves, they could have fraudulent information, it would be best to assign a transparent company that only dedicates itself to that area to the KYC, not that is associated with any business.
This way, if the KYC of the team would be worth it, we could register and not have to spend thousands of KYC and be able to register on pages with our KYC account.

• +1 1

Thanks for the good information you provide to a beginner like me. I don't know a lot about KYC but I wouldn't want this at all. I don't like anyone know about me and they wouldn't want me to ask them for their KYC either. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

A major red flag is when the teams are anonymous. In only a few rare occassions these projects have succeeded and in almost all of them they were scams. I don't think there are anonymous developers anymore. Not even the Monero and Zcash are.

• +3 1

You are right about that. So what you should do is not do any bounties that ask for KYC. I don't know though is it worth anything? Will they pay you like $500 for the bounty or just give you a few dollars and ask for private documents too. Asking about that should be illegal actually.

• +2 1

The phrase (Know Your Customer) meaning KYC means giving some personal data to the team to start joint projects or investment, and this matter may contain the risk of stealing money, especially if the individuals are unknown.

Some exchanges do not give any withdraw to anyone person that not complete the KYC so in that exchanges we complete the KYC and after that we withdraw our coins. Crypto is a great market and it give us good profit when the market touch the sky.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:34 AM, dentolas said:

why do people keep on feeding this system and don't start, at least, by asking KYC from the team?

Because they follow scam bounty managers that are even having a good rank on bitcointalk but their scam behaviour and stupidity is obvious and they will be found what they have been doing.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

2 hours ago, Mosab73 said:

The phrase (Know Your Customer) meaning KYC means giving some personal data to the team to start joint projects or investment, and this matter may contain the risk of stealing money, especially if the individuals are unknown.

That's the literal meaning of the acronyms. It's simply as compromising the security of your confidential details and due to it's high risk nature that's why most people don't like to go on KYC verifications.

• +1 1

I do not accept KYC unless the matter is very important, especially after the recent scandals about selling personal information to different companies. I also do not see the meaning of doing this in the crypto field because the whole system is based on decentralization and anonymity, and on the other hand, you are right. The team of any project must document their personal identity so that the whole world knows them, as they are the ones who receive money from people.

• +4 1

I do not like to subscribe to any platform that requires authentication through the KYC protocol, because I consider that the main advantage of cryptocurrencies is decentralization and the preservation of privacy. So I move away from the platforms that ask me for documentation and go to the decentralized platforms.

• +3 1

make KYC verification must to users that are on the site, the crypto world is supposed to help support and protect your identity

• +1 1

the answer is pretty simple you need the services and the compny along with the profits not the company that is why you are forced to do kyc not the team atually.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, dentolas said:

With so many KYC requirements around, and people being forced to go through KYC to get their funds back, or just to participate in bounties... I don't usually see any KYC being done from the team...hell, sometimes the guys are even anonymous...

Am I incorrect? have you seen projects demanding KYC with the team also following the rule? are these frequent?

why do people keep on feeding this system and don't start, at least, by asking KYC from the team?

for me, spreading personal info and documents on the web (KYC) is a dangerous business

People don't really used KYC, they just like "if you don't like me then leave". They don't care who you are or where you from, the only important to them is their businesses and nothing more. If they don't do KYC then I guess let them be, just mind your own business.

when the teams are playing with our identities and doing KYC from us I think they should also do KYC for the users and share their identity with us

On 10/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, dentolas said:

With so many KYC requirements around, and people being forced to go through KYC to get their funds back, or just to participate in bounties... I don't usually see any KYC being done from the team...hell, sometimes the guys are even anonymous...

Am I incorrect? have you seen projects demanding KYC with the team also following the rule? are these frequent?

for me, spreading personal info and documents on the web (KYC) is a dangerous business

KYC will complete your account and you can freely use your account and its high your withdraw and deposit limit and you account is in trusted list. Crypto i the best and great market in the world and the good exchanges are the best than the new exchanges

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think the citizens can not do much since they must have government's order to the service holdres.I think it is not necessary job.You can order as mamy as sims you can even from online.