Cryptopia Hack/Liquidation - Page 4 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

Cryptopia Hack/Liquidation

On 9/30/2019 at 6:55 AM, BullRunBit said:

It's pass over one month more without our coins (not important is hack coin or not).

To remind:

- Cryptopia was hacked on 13.01.2019, hacked coins ETH and ERC20 tokens

- Cryptopia open Deposit and Withdraw for BTC,LTC and DOGE on 15.04.2019 (3 months after hack, and withdraw only for selected coins)

- Cryptopia putt site into maintenance on 26.04.2019 (10 days after Deposit and Withdraw open they putt site info maintenance with message "No panic")

- Cryptopia "Limited appoints Grant Thornton as Liquidators" on 14.05.2019 (after around 20 days into maintenance they share this with this message "No panic" 😀)

Now is around 4.5 months after they share info about liquidation, and over one month without any report.

Last report was https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-20-august-2019/ 

I will share all info here, I really hope that we will get our coins back soon.

The current digital currencies need a lot of important updates in order for currencies to become a real alternative to the current banknotes from which we deal, i.e. digital currencies become official currencies is a very possible thing in the future

23 hours ago, Razanrr said:

I personally sell some of my altcoins and buy DOGE and withdraw without problem. But that is a problematic part, I had to sell my altcoin on price I did not want to sell just to withdraw some of my coins

Believe me you did good thing, because now you will still wait for your coins.

16 hours ago, Ash21 said:

cryptobia is really a very badness wallet, yet i'm selfsame surprised individually competence of those people with several large inferences relishes their very own wallet relishes abundant alpha males. in the future case in the slightest degree now'm that use twosome pocket purse  whatever loving think about all other 100%.

It's Cryptopia and it was not wallet than exchange.

This second part I dont understand at all.

10 hours ago, koussai999 said:

The current digital currencies need a lot of important updates in order for currencies to become a real alternative to the current banknotes from which we deal, i.e. digital currencies become official currencies is a very possible thing in the future

How this have connections with Cryptopia?

I dont understand what you want to write, you talking about cryptocurrency not about Cryptopia hack or about lost coins which users still wait to get back.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 4/15/2020 at 9:04 AM, Razanrr said:

I personally sell some of my altcoins and buy DOGE and withdraw without problem. But that is a problematic part, I had to sell my altcoin on price I did not want to sell just to withdraw some of my coins

Where di you made those exchange do you mean in Cryptopia exchange , because we talk about it and the exchange was stop from a long time 

7 hours ago, scorpiali said:

Where di you made those exchange do you mean in Cryptopia exchange , because we talk about it and the exchange was stop from a long time 

Probably when they share notice that users can withdraw their coins but only BTC,LTC and DOGE.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:55 PM, BullRunBit said:

- Cryptopia open Deposit and Withdraw for BTC,LTC and DOGE on 15.04.2019 (3 months after hack, and withdraw only for selected coins)

I mentioned it in my first message in this topic.

They allow users to withdraw coins 10 days after they open withdraw for that coins, but after that they shut down exchange. Users which did not withdraw coins like you can see till now they did not get their coins and who know when they will get.

10 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

Probably when they share notice that users can withdraw their coins but only BTC,LTC and DOGE

So the exchange was opened the withdraw just fir those coins and for other coins how we can do there is any other way , we can change it ti btc and withdraw them , that's mean the exchange was opened

14 hours ago, scorpiali said:

So the exchange was opened the withdraw just fir those coins and for other coins how we can do there is any other way , we can change it ti btc and withdraw them , that's mean the exchange was opened

If you already ready my first message on this topic you know that, but you probably did not read at all what I was talking about...

On 9/30/2019 at 1:55 PM, BullRunBit said:

- Cryptopia open Deposit and Withdraw for BTC,LTC and DOGE on 15.04.2019 (3 months after hack,

Yes they open exchange and they allowed to users withdraw coins but only BTC, LTC, DOGE and if you have some other coin/token you had to sell that coin for some of above mentioned coins to withdraw.

And one more thing, they allowed not just withdraw than deposit too which is important too because some people send coins on exchange.

10 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

If you already ready my first message on this topic you know that, but you probably did not read at all what I was talking about...

No I know that . But i mean, i dont know that in the moment when the exchange was open to take action i follow them in twitter but i dont pay attention to that,I hope there is another plan like that 

Dear this is shows clear that they are scam.i will suggest you that don't trade on such exchange which are week in security and high low trading volume. 

18 hours ago, Satarupa said:

Friends,I never join in cryptopia   platform. Because I am not sure if it was trusted or not. I was less interested about this topic. Thanks for your concern.

And why you write comment at all?

That tell us that you dont know anything about Cryptopia? :classic_huh:

13 hours ago, malik6314193 said:

Dear this is shows clear that they are scam.i will suggest you that don't trade on such exchange which are week in security and high low trading volume. 

I dont understand you, you talking about exchange which is closed and this topic is about liquidation not about trading or volume. Exchange it won't work again and now it just matters when we will get back coins that is all.

I'm not sure if this is a trap, I am not sure if it was a fraudulent purpose, but the hacked exchange was very worrying about returning to the operation I think not even though it was informed. liquidation newspaper. Condolences and exchanges often have such a way. If it is really good, there must be notices or apologies to the user.

I lost a little because at the time of the hack, I did not have a lot of assets on the exchange. The exchange itself is old and very sorry that it happened. I think it is unlikely that the exchange will restore its operation in the near future since a very large amount was stolen.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:55 PM, BullRunBit said:

I will share all info here, I really hope that we will get our coins back soon.

It is unfortunate what is happening with the penetration of the platforms, and I remember that when the Cryptopia platform was hacked, the losses were in millions, but there was no accurate figure regarding the extent of the financial damage it caused. I hope you can restore your currencies.

I simply hope all the investors will get their cash returned,that is really unfortunate, I assume 2019 changed into very awful for traders in the Crypto world, we have witnessed a number of unlucky activities along with the decline of all markets in addition to information of ultimate exchanges and portfolios and this news is the contemporary.

Sad to hear the news about a Cryptopia or another platform being hacked because that makes us fear the security of our money and our currencies on the platforms and the hacker might steal it.

Life is great and enjoy it

this is really bad exchange i also see public review that they have lost their fund in that exchange because they wasn't get time to withdraw their funds . this one the only reason that i will never trust on this kind of exchange .

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

They sent a lot of messages to the traders so they did not feel afraid but they were unable to compensate them and this platform was unable to recover the stolen currencies due to the breach It is really unfortunate to see until this time platforms can not protect themselves in a good way

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

3 hours ago, Muhammadyun said:

If NTC is transmitted via BTV then what will happen if this meter value increases and if the value of the coins is high then the exchange will happen and if the price is low then the price is less.

What is your point at all?

That they will convert coins on currenctly (in that time) price?

That they will return coins in just one coin (BTC,USDT etc.)?

I really dont understand what you what to share with us.

I really think Cryptopia has been hacked, because she is trying to reimburse users by entering the liquidation process, she is always giving news, I believe that everything will work out in the end2

17 hours ago, cooperallch said:

I really think Cryptopia has been hacked, because she is trying to reimburse users by entering the liquidation process, she is always giving news, I believe that everything will work out in the end2

Really? You think? Are you sure? :classic_dry:

She? Cryptopia is a women? :classic_dry:

58 minutes ago, Ruiz said:

cryptopia is completely close because the cryptopia team i think just tweet to make people fool but the cryptopia is not hack its big scam  

Cryptopia exchange is on liquidation process and "team" now dont have anything with this.

And about "tweet"/s, what will be that they dont share that tweet/s? What will users think?

They share tweet every three months and last tweet was 18.Sep. :

On 4/15/2020 at 10:59 AM, Saboor said:

Cryptopia has become a story long ago, they can't be able to pay their traders all their assets, this won't be possible for now, it is better to forget about them

At least, if they can not pay all their users, while not pay half or some parts of the funds. But, I noticed they are not ready to pay anything. But the matter is not your over. 

On 9/30/2020 at 7:16 PM, Yomose said:

At least, if they can not pay all their users, while not pay half or some parts of the funds. But, I noticed they are not ready to pay anything. But the matter is not your over. 

I dont understand, did you read tweet/s which they share?

Every third month they share report, and last one was about end of the year and maybe (I'm not sure) "form" for return coins/tokens to users.

And in old reports, you can see all details.

Just you need to check, it is not difficult. :classic_wink:

I had the displeasure of losing coins myself, the same way. Exchange would get hacked, or an email leak would occur. Very dismaying, indeed. Small time traders didn't get refunded or anything.

Edited by dickpicsforfree

I remember that in the past Cryptopia was one of the most used exchanges, but unfortunately it suffered this hacker attack and the exchange ended up going into liquidation process, I hope that Cryptopia will return someday

Cryptopia exchange is just another damage to all of us that can take everything away from us,so we should not trust any exchanges to keep our cryptography.

1 hour ago, mattsett said:

I remember that in the past Cryptopia was one of the most used exchanges, but unfortunately it suffered this hacker attack and the exchange ended up going into liquidation process, I hope that Cryptopia will return someday

Yes it was popular for "small" coins, and everybody know that. :classic_wink:

They try to "return" on old but users were scared because of hack and maybe it was not profitable to work again after that. To return, I dont think so because currently there are a lot of exchanges which is really good and it's difficult to attract users to trade on your exchange.

1 hour ago, Marise22 said:

Cryptopia exchange is just another damage to all of us that can take everything away from us,so we should not trust any exchanges to keep our cryptography.

"cryptography"? You thing cryptocurrency.

Yes I agree that this is a lesson that users must to keep cryptocurrency in their wallet not on exchange.