The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 18 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

Coins is the one whose developers created it from scratch, with all the necessary infrastructure for it to function, it has its own blockchain, but the token is the one whose developers built it on a pre-existing blockchain, and takes its extension from the blockchain on which it is based, such as erc20 or trc20.

• Useful or interesting 1

As an amateur, I used to be very careworn once I first heard the words coin and token. Now I am all cleared due to the facts you have got given thru this discussion board. I am very happy that I joined this discussion board as I am gaining plenty of knowledge approximately crypto international and I desire in the future this discussion board to continue to provide us this expertise.

• +1 1

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Fisrt of all thanks my friend for this kind of explanation in such a detailed. S year ago I have not any kind of sense to judge a coin and token. The people like you are helping us and also the others members through your work.

Thank you for explaining the difference between coins and token. This piece of information is useful for newbies. This topic also brought out various variants of your explanation.

Welcome my friend, to me as a beginner, I believe cryptocurrencies are a way to buy and sell. While the token has more comprehensive functions, it cannot replace cryptocurrencies. Thank you for this helpful post that shows us the difference between cryptocurrencies and token

Hello friends I understand the difference between cryptocurrency and token. Both uses blockchain  first called the blockchain and second uses the work for blockchain.

A token is a digital asset that was developed within a blockchain platform and cryptocurrencys uses its own blockchain 

Well, your kind information has clear my doubts as you made it simple and more important as a newbie I was confused about the difference between a coin and token because sometimes I think both are same some times it think they are different. As now I can say tokens are not Cryptocurrency but they can achieve value in the market and can exists as a coin. 

Useful post I learn from it many things like what is coin and token. In this a coin have itself block chain but token is referred by a coin. The value of token is less then coin. 

Thanks for sharing your information with us. We can change tokens into coins and vise versa. Coins contain special key chain such as block chain but tokens use it for work. 

Well I knew very little about this subject.  These currencies are basically currency and you can buy or sell things in it.  Tokens, on the other hand, are digital assets and can be used as a means of execution..  They use existing black chains.  A currency is not dependent oin currency has its own blockchain.  Ripple for example.

Coins are any cryptocurrency that has a standalone independant blockchain (Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP) while tokens are cryptocurrencies that do not have their own blockchain but live on another blockchain. Though tokens do have value, but they cannot be considered money in the same way as a coin.

• +2 1

Thank you for this information, this really helped me understand the difference between coins and tokens.

I thought tokens was same as the coins but now I know tokens are stuff which can be bought with coins but coins can't be bought with tokens:)

But I still didn't get the functions of a token.

A token is a type of crypto currency, which is usually created on top of another chain of blocks. Coins, are a type of cryptomoney that works independently of any other platform

• +1 1
  • +3 1

This friend topic is very helpful because now I know the difference of a token between a coin and this topic is very good because it can also help others who do not know this or do not know the difference between one and another thing now that if It is vain to know thanks to you so if they can advance in their goals or achievements to be fulfilled.

• +1 1

between coin and token is, coins are cryptocurrency that have is own blockchain called main net and token are cryptocurrency that exist on blockchain that are not their own they don't have a main net. 

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

• +1 1

Coins are currencies that are like independent currencies as the currencies were created through major currencies as they are very sophisticated. I wish you good luck, dear

Hy friends I hope you're doing well I want to ask that the coin is more profitable and  important but talk token is in very low price and low profitable

• +3 1

Despite the recent sharp increase in interest in cryptocurrencies, not many people understand the intricacies of the technology. Each cryptocurrency has a lot of its own nuances, and the trader or it is recommended that you have a basic understanding of the cryptocurrency they are buying.

The terms "token" and "currency" are often mistakenly used interchangeably when they actually mean two different types of digital currencies.

A coin is a cryptocurrency (digital currency) that uses its own platform and operates completely independently. Additional pads are not required for the coins to work. They are working on their own independent blockchain, which is their home currency. Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum are coins. The last two belong to the so-called. Alternative currencies.

Well, now i recognise what's the difference of this  because im literally realize that this two are the identical due to the fact the tokens are the new launched coin that has no fee but inside the marketplace but as soon as this coin having a few price, it'll be a coin soonest, thank you for this to be enlighten me that this  are one-of-a-kind to every different.

the difference between a coin and a token is something so good so listen to me carfully brother , That's really thoughtful of you to share such the difference between coins and token. We use coins in buying and selling of various things where we can't use token in the same sense. so i hope i answer about your question brother , so good luck for you and me and every buddy .

Hi @Mandoy01Coins are monetary standards that can be utilized for purchasing and selling things.You can purchase token with a coin however not bad habit versa.Coins are only strategy for installments while token may introduce a companys share,give admittance to items or benefits and perform numerous other functions.Crypto tokens are exceptional sort of virtual cash tokens that live all alone blockchain and speak to a resource or utility.Thank s for the complement

I would say that the proof plus type of cryptocurrency is completely in the whole crypto currency but from the evidence it should take time to get to the currencies here as a result the nearest single one type of crypto currency.

Friend i also have little difference between coin and token.Coin are native to their own blockchain. While token have been built on the top of another blockchain such as Ethrium.I think coins almost simply used as money but token not that's  same like coins.