The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 16 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

Token is the listed coins . I think token is the first achievement and we can convert them into coins. Tokens can be used for various payments and we can change into any coins we would like to where as coin is used for only one payments. Coins has Blockchain technology but token doesn't have. 

• +3 1

now a days there have a many types of coins and tokens which is crypto currencies...but its have some different activities...the value of coin is good or high from any tokens..so coins are moat useful for us.. 

The difference between the coin and souvenir is that coin has a blockade attach and token has not be inflicted with any impede string this is the major difference. 

Coins are generated after miners perform certain processes on the coin blockchain, and if successful will generate coins in return, for example Bitcoin, Litecoin. Whereas tokens are the result of decentralization hosted by blockchain that function on smart contracts, like Ethereum, tokens do not run on their own blockchain but use ERC20.

• +2 1

Hey mate thanks for sharing this knowledge being a beginner this will definitely help me to distinguish between them both and I am sure that not only me but also other new members have gained knowledge from this. 

This difference between the coin and token is very unique and useful information at this forum i had ever read. This is the main difference between these two things. Thanks dear mate for such a an informative meaningful article relevent to Cryptocurrency.

• +3 1

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its admit blockchain in order way it use for baying and selling thing.

A token souvenir is a materialize of cryptocurrency which does not own its own blockchain. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

that's actually thoughtful of you to proportion such the difference among cash and token. we use cash in shopping for and promoting of various matters where we can not use token inside the identical feel.

• +2 1

Hy my dear sweet friend,

You have a good question to everyone but its simple to answer this question in this forum everyine know about the reality of coins and token i just want ot rell you in one line  every coin was token but every token is not a Coin every token will be convert into coins but no coins will change into token this is the simple answer thanks.

• +5 1

Hey my friend that's a good question. Tokens are that do not have thier own block chain while coins are independent and has their own block chain. Both tokens and coins are types of cryptocurrencies. Coins are for one payment and tokens for several other uses and payments. 

Since I am new client and I don't think a lot about this theme so thank you such a great amount for sharing this subject and on account of your point and new about another information that a digital currency coin is unique in relation to cryptographic money token.

The difference between a coin and a token is that we get a good price.  We will be able to come up with a lot of ideas because then we will be able to know a lot. At some point we will be able to know a lot. Hopefully from now on we will be able to know a lot.

Your information is very important and useful . Thanks for sharing with us.  I really don't know difference between tokens and coins . You really explained it in easy way , thanks giving for useful information . I really learn many things here about crypto world  and  I learn many things the form members of this forum .

Thankx for yor kind information is helped me to understand the difference of coin and token. You can buy token with coin but not vice virsa. Because token has not own blokchain but coin has own blokchain.We use coin for buying and selling many things where we can't use token in the same sense.

Your right but sometimes alot of beginners had think this once like its the same i dont remember whens the last time i saw one but besides that its rare of people nowdays for people thinking this into a both thing in which is a good thing.

• +4 1

On 1/26/2020 at 3:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Yes, it is also true for each currency that can have its own blockchain that provides it with additional benefits that raise its price, as for the token is based on the blockchain for other currencies

I think the prominent difference between the coin and talk token is that coin has its blockchain system and whilst talk tokens did not have any blockchain. Moreover, talk tokens have a wider range and applications. The functionality of both the digital money are also different from eachother.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Yes dear I strongly agree with you. Token don't have block chain it uses already existing block chain as a platform. While coin is a independent currency which seems to be like digital currency or crypto currency. Thanks 

The simple explanation is that a coin  has its own blockchain while a token doesn't. Another thing is that coins usually used for one thing only that is payment but while tokens have various use cases , which can include payment but also other things. For example Basic Attention Coin BAT  is used in the brave web browser ecosystem. Like security tokens and asset tokens.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:42 AM, Mandoy01 said:

First what is a coin?

What is a token?

The truth is that your comment contributes a lot, due to the little knowledge of some who believe that btc is everything and is the most expensive and it is not like that, many tokens have values higher than btc and that is important to know.

Brother, if you want to mention the types of currency, do not forget the paper currency, which is the most used now I don’t know why you didn't mention it or you only care about digital currencies

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

First what is a coin?

What is a token?

Dear @Mandoy01 I didn't know exactly about these that what are they and what is the difference between them. Thanks a lot for sharing the terms that help us to increase our knowledge and get to know the difference between the two coin and the token.

• +1 1

Hy friends I hope you having a good day I want to ask that coin is more valuable from token. tokens has less value and it's not a currency

• +4 1

Wow... What a nice and interesting post as this clarifies the difference between a Cryptocurrency coin and a token and gives me more understanding on both. Really appreciate to be learning here day by day.