The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 21 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:22 PM, pakjobhelp said:

Yes i agree with you and thanks for posting more fruitful knowledge post. More crypto trader did not have idea that what is the major difference crypto coins and crypto token. But solve this difference easily i like your post:

I remembers that crypto coins has own block-chain, and crypto token work other blockchains.

The essential distinction is generally straightforward. "Tokens" and "coins" are both used to characterize a unit of blockchain esteem. Be that as it may, tokens are assembled and facilitated on existing blockchains, while coins are special computerized monetary forms which depend all alone, independent blockchains

Thanks so much for tbis enlightenment. It should be noted that tokens are coins and coins are tokens. Coins are already dicentralized which means they have their own block chain but seems like maybe token is still a sub of a coin with no block chain yet

• +1 1

When i was a beginner, i was very confused when i first heard the words coin and token. Now i am all cleared because of the information i have gained through this forum. I am very happy that i joined this forum as i am gaining much knowledge about crypto world and i hope in future this forum continue to give us this knowledge.

• +2 1

I was searching this time too, but I could not find it anywhere. We should learn about these small things .If we will learn these small things then we will go ahead and we will not face any problem.

• +1 1

Coins are only strategy for payments while tokens may introduce an organization's offer, offer admittance to item or support and perform numerous different capacities. Coins are monetary forms that can be utilized for purchasing and selling things. You can purchase a token with a coin, yet not the other way around.

Thank you very much, my friend, for publishing this information and clarifications .. Being a beginner, I still need a lot of help to gain the necessary experience to work in the world of cryptocurrencies .. I ask all members to help new members so that we can work properly on this platform.

Tokens will in general allude on " coins" yet which are made under a primary organized, created coins. More like a side tied coin 

Coins resemble free coin on their own based establishment, without help from anyone else

Welcome dear friends .

Here I'm discuss about difference between coin and token.

Very broadly, a crypto coin is just that: a coin, or means of payment, whilst a token has wider functionality. ... They are created as ERC20 tokens for reasons of convenience. Blockchain tokens do have value, but they cannot be considered money in quite the same way that a straightforward coin can. 

its a difference....

i hope you understand this easily.😊

The main difference between coin and token is the coin have its own blockchain but the token does not have their blockchain so it can not survive it self and about more information I am not known more about both.

• +1 1

I really didn't know about the main differences between oin & token. I thought both terms were the same & I was using these terms everywhere without doubts. Thanks a lot friend, you've made me clear on this very important matter. I note this special lesson.

I have made a lot of income online from my life. The highest income from my crypto currency is $ 500. I made the investment by earning it. I work here by investing in Telegram. Many people are working here and making a living. The bank should seek the help of crypto to convert it into money. General Chat Chat LoungI think the way crypto is going to improve further in the future.

Friend, thank you for making this topic, I am new and now thanks to your topic I know the difference between a coin and a token and now that I know the difference from one another I will be able to see which one to choose later.

Friend, I am a beginner and thanks to you I know the difference and I think that it will not only help me to know the difference but also other beginners who are just like me who do not know the difference and now thanks to this topic now if they might know.

there are two types of crypto currency the token also taken place in the crypto currency.Every coin was a token one day , but not every token will be a coin.But it take time to come from token to coins. So there is only one type of crypto currency. 

Thank you for your comments, friend, for your post, it is something that I love about this forum, without a doubt, it is the best for people who share their knowledge with the newest and this is something that without a doubt we must always thank.

Thank you for your information, Actually I didn't know about many coins and the difference between coin and token are important to know. But both use blockchain that's great.

Well, now i know what's the distinction of this  because im literally recognise that this  are the identical due to the fact the tokens are the brand new launched coin that has no cost but within the market but as soon as this coin having some cost, it will be a coin soonest, thank you for this to be enlighten me that this  are extraordinary to every other.

Decent data its truly helpfull for biggers they need data like this . I consider numerous elderly individuals likewise need to peruse this point . I think coin is true power and tokes is informally lounched both are same worth yet various ways . Possibly I am correct or not?

Thanks my friend. Excellent topic and for me now I can distinguish between these two types of currencies thanks to your post. Thank you very much and good luck

What I knew about the difference between coin and a token is that coin has its own blockchain network such as TRX coin. As for token, it is based on a blockchain network for another currency like SXP coin.
But coin and a token project of their own that demonstrates the benefit of these coins and their uses.

Thank you, my friend, for explaining the idea to me. I've always wondered what is coin and token mean, and what's the difference between them.

I am also a newbie and I find your details very good . Your summary will be very beneficial to us and for us newbies to keep posting such important info. I just know that some tokens are based on erc-20 and coins run on their own without anyone holding them back.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Thanks for the information dude i am.new on this forum and literally i have no idea about all the information you share about token and coin its very helpful information for me in future

This is a good topic because, for example, I did not remember exactly the differences if I knew or at least I thought, but this explanation has made me a little clearer regarding this topic, thanks and greetings, I know that even crypto is better because tokens tend to always fall in price.