The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 22 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

I agree with you and thank you for posting more effective fruit knowledge.  More crypto traders have no idea what the main differences are between crypto currencies and crypto tokens.  But easily solve this difference. I like your post. I remember that crypto coins have their own block-chain.

Token is a thing from which we can create a coin but it's take time to collect enough tokens from which we can create a coin and spend it on the good investment 

Coins are completely different from the distinctive Ramon, and you have to differentiate between them and be careful with dealing as well because anyone can create a distinctive symbol and start spreading it in the markets

Dear I don't have a clue about the correlation between them but the coin is the digital money or the digital currency , yet the token I believe is the thing that the drops offer after a few things that are required. We use coins in purchasing and selling of different things where we can't utilize token in a similar sense.thanku

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Thanks for giving us such an amazing information, literally before this I even don't think that these can be two different things, but after reading your post I understand that both have huge difference.

Hello my friend, a new and beautiful topic. I benefited from it. I will search and see more about this information, but cryptocurrencies remain cryptocurrencies because they rely on encryption data to transfer the currency from the side of the owner to the recipient’s side. Thank you for this topic

Yes this is right but there are two types of crypto currency the token also taken place in the crypto currency but it take time to come from token to coins so there is only one type of crypto currency 

Hi dear friend !

I am also New Here so I don't know Much about this but still I know the main difference between them is that coin has ha Blockchain But the token doesn't have any Blockchain .

Coin is a crypto currency and token is a also crypto but it's not provided by blockchain. Token provided by some trading site and wallet. Many trading site give us their free token. That is only get from these site. But you can find coin anywhere in the blockchain network.

Hello my dear,

The only prominent difference between a token and a coin is that a coin like ethereum has its own blockchain but the tokens like erc20 donot have their own blockchain and operate on ethereum platform. Thanks so much guys and good luck

Tokens will in general allude on " coins" however which are made under a primary organized, created coins. More like a side affixed coin 

Coins resemble free coin on their own based establishment, without help from anyone else

First coins are just method of payment while token May present a company ,s share. Coins are currencies that can used for for buying and selling things. But token is a cryptocurrency token is a permission slip to do something.

Thank you so much for such an informative post now i can understand and differentiate between these two interlinked as well main streams of crypto currency. 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

The distinction between coin and token is, coins are cryptographic money that has their own blockchain called principle net and token are digital currency that exists on the blockchain that is not their own they don't have a primary net, Ethereum organization, and others fill in as a large group of tokens.

Great topic and very useful information. Thank you sir for explaining the best information in the best way. You have explained the difference between coins and tokens in a very simple and excellent way. This post is greatly enhancing our knowledge.

• +1 1

Hello friend, the currency is a form of digital money created by encryption technology that stores value over time.The tokens are active digital tokens issued by projects that can be used as a payment method within the project ecosystem, performing the same functions as the coin. but the main difference is to allow the holders of these tokens to participate in the network, that is what I understand.

• +1 1

Good information to be able to appreciate the differences, what strikes me most is that there are many sites that use a kind of currency as a payment system to pay content creators, and these are not cryptos, I see them used a lot in video games, which I think a blockchain project would do very well to these video game companies.

Thanks for your post, my friend
I don't fully know the answer, but I will say what I know
I believe that the coins are a separate currency on their own basis, on their own
I wish everyone good luck and search for everything new

• +1 1

I like your topic, I have noticed when reading some post that many do not really know how to differentiate the currency from the token, and you hit the point, that difference that you speak is quite noticeable, and it is like that, many believe that bitcoin is a token and It is not like that, or that the token that they are promoting lately in DeFi are currencies, and it is not like that, we must be very clear about that, because at the time of exchanging those tokens, many times we must cancel the "gas" for the operation, and it comes out something expensive.

Wow, it is a good information, since I came to think that hera al rebes, it is something that must be taken into account since we would think that all coins come to work in the same way, or become the same, but with This information turns out not to be.
Something, that I did not understand at first, is this information, I mean when I started in the cryptographic world, since sometimes in some chat groups about cryptocurrencies, I raised coins as tokens, and sometimes it was the other way around, Of course, I was always corrected on what I thought, but it is how one gets to see the correct information.
It is advisable to inform yourself well, although the topic of cryptocurrencies is somewhat extensive, but at least learn what will be useful for us, good information, I really liked your article, a cordial greeting, and again a good post.

On this forum, most often, coin and token mean the same thing. It's kind of a synonym for cryptocurrency.

Very good topic, I had some doubts with this, I will be able to differentiate everything more clearly, the tokens also belong to only currencies outside the blockchain where they can be used in gaming platforms, it is something interesting.

• Useful or interesting 1