The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 17 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

My dear mate! Token tends to refer on " coins" but which are created under a main structured, developed coins. More like a side chained coin.Coins are like independent coin on their own based foundation. Thanks 

Dear you are right the and give us a important information about these two types of currencies coins is basically a Crypto currency and another token also a Crypto currency but both have difference in in blockchain like BTC، lite coin and ripple etc. In the other hand the token have no its  own blockchain like ethereum.  

Hey mates,

Coins are native to their own blockchain . They are most often used simply as money and some coins do have other uses.

Where crypto tokens are a type of cryptocurrency that represent an asset or specific use and reside on their block chain. And they are usually often used to raise funds for crowd sales.

The major difference between the two is just coins has its own blockchain while token doesn't. Tokens also has wider functionality unlike coins.you can actually buy a token with a coin but not vice versa.

On 1/26/2020 at 2:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Thank you for this explanation, I did not know the difference between them, I heard a lot about the token, but I did not understand how to get it, and I think that in the forum we can get its talk token.

You should know now the simple definition of both a coin and a token. Coins are native to their own blockchain whilst tokens have been built on top of another blockchain, like ethereum, NEO or waves. Coins are most often used simply as money however, some coins do have some other uses.

• +2 1

Thank you so much for sharing this Valuable information. I didn't know this. I used to think tokens and coins are the same. But now I know about the blackchain. And will surely do more research about this.

token is that a coin has its own blockchain, while a token doesn't. Another thing to note is that coins usually are used for 1 thing (payments), while tokens have various use cases, which can include payments but also other things.

token is that a coin has its own blockchain, while a token doesn't. Another thing to note is that coins usually are used for 1 thing (payments), while tokens have various use cases, which can include payments but also other things.

I'm new here and still learning about cryto talk and cryto courancy your post is helping members like me about coins and token thanks for such an important post

Thank you so much for your information about coin and token. I don’t know about that but now i have some  knowledge to see your information.

Although there is no different between token and coin but it is important to know both of them 

• +5 1

@Mandoy01 The difference between the tokens and coins is that, a token is a  cryptocurrency that do not have their own blockchain instead they depend on another cryptocurrency blockchain and coin is also a cryptocurrency that they have their own built blockchain as they are independent of another blockchain

download (31).jpg

Yes this is right but there are two types of crypto currency the token also taken place in the crypto currency but it take time to come from token to coins so there is only one type of crypto currency 

Thank you mate.  

Actually i certainty didn’t know about this.  I thought that token is also a coin.  But now i get this. I also Didn't know that etrn is also a token, i thought it is also a coin.  Btw again thanks. 

Now i know that which have its own blockchain is coin and which is not this is token        

Welcome my friend. Thanks for your valuable information about the tokens and coins. I was not having a good idea about these two. Now i got a basic image about these two. Hope more information will come too.

Token is a coin has it's own blockchain, while a token doesn't have his own Blockchain. Something else to note is that coins normally are utilized for 1 thing (installments), while tokens have different use cases, which can incorporate installments yet additionally different things.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Tokens are intitial coins offering (ICO) it is a asset given to the public during the launch by companies as a part of giveaway. But coins are Cryptocurrencies which are used for buying and selling things

you are right that the difference between a cryptocurrency and a token, this suits novice users who understand the difference between coins and tokens

• +1 1

coins are native to
their own blockchain. Whilst tokens have
been built on top of another blockchain, like
Ethereum, NEO, or Waves. ... Coins are most
often used simply as money; however, some
coins do have other uses.thank you!!!

• +2 1
  • +3 1

9 hours ago, Anzaatta said:

You should know now the simple definition of both a coin and a token. Coins are native to their own blockchain whilst tokens have been built on top of another blockchain, like ethereum, NEO or waves. Coins are most often used simply as money however, some coins do have some other uses.

Yo are right coins have there own inscriptions and blockchains, and also coins are decentralized but tokens are centralized by there owners, like talk token and water tokens, if you see talk token the price is seated by the owner of the token, 

You should now know the simple definition of both a coin and a token: coins are native to their own blockchain. Whilst tokens have been built on top of another blockchain, like Ethereum, NEO, or Waves while coin are simple definition of money. 

Hy mates I hope you having a good day I want to ask that coin is more profitable and important but talk token is less profitable and not so much important