DDoS Protection Implemented by the Forum - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
PiroSense

DDoS Protection Implemented by the Forum

ddos protection is widely used in these days because this is really great for improve SCAM activities . if we have good serve then our website work properly as well hackes didn't steal any data of our website. 

hopefully we will see This protection for longtime .

• +2 1

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

Thank you for clarifying what DDoS is. I also felt the site was slowing down, i thought it was because of my connection. But after you explained about DDoS, i understand what it was. This is such a great information.

I haven't so far noticed anything about Ddos protections on this platform. If it is for the benefit of the users then well and good. I do face slight network issues at times. Cant really understand whether this is due to that reason. If they feature do enhance the security of the users as well as the platform then there is no objection. After all the security of the users is a priority.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

21 hours ago, Dyozupeter2525 said:

Thanks you to giving us this such ideas about this topic because we have learn about it because it was help us to understand many things so thanks you guy to guard us on this.

Your gratitude is misplaced, as you should be thanking the forum staff instead for implementing such feature to keep this forum safe from malicious intruders. Ever since there was DDoS protection set up here, intruders have a much harder time trolling the forum, but they would sometimes try to bypass the protection now and then. Our mods are doing everything they can to contain the ongoing threats.

But thanks anyway.

• +1 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

It is indeed true what you say, and I have also felt that change thanks to the implementation of DDos protection in the forum.

We are all known of ddos as we are learn of this very early but the forum haveing protection from it is very good to know because this is limit the attack and can have the forum always up on the internet and not ever down but only when there is need for maintanance.

Ddos can bring a website down for hours and usually with a server reset this is fixed but having this protection implemented it means that the site will be constantly running and have no problems at all. I didn't know the forum had this protection and it is making it even more professional.

Edited by Sykkuno
  • +1 1

On 05.01.2020 at 10:06, PiroSense said:

Is it just me, or the forum already enabled DDoS protection/detection while accessing the forums?

I recently noticed that once in a while, it scans my browser first before loading a specific webpage in the forum. It seems like they have implemented such because last night (GMT+8), I noticed a slowdown and some downtime in the forum.

And the server slowdown is odd, since we are only at 75,000+ members and growing, while comparing it to Bitcointalk, which has over 2.7 million registered users (though only sub-1k users online), doesn't experience the same slowdown.

For those who didn't know about DDoS, in simplest words, it is an attack by a network of high number of computers (called botnet) that accesses a site at the same time, making the traffic of data heavy, which could eventually bring the server down, or at least slow down the loading times. For more info about DDoS, read here: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/

I guess today there is no DDos on this forum cause there are lot's of people and servers are just full

Thank you very much for this information, since I am in the forum I see that the connection is a little slower and that is why I did not know, but it is also a protection measure for all users

The slowdowns happen for many reasons and maybe a Ddos attack is one of them, so having a protection againse these types of attacks makes the website even better in my opinion. Also don't be very sure about bitcointalk they have been hacked many times in the past they are not top security that you think.

This is a good forum, no attack can occur because it seems protected, any attack that will happen can only come from the forum itself but it will not because the forum do not want harm at all, they only want to progress of the forum members. 

I have  seen this too, maybe they are trying to keep the website  safe from the attacks, or it is happening  because  there are a lot of users now, no one knows but it is there now.

DDoS protection is protocols for preventing scamming. This is a good initiative by this forum to end scams. As we all know that cryptotalk is most secure forum among all and now also moderators and administrators are doing their work effectively and efficiently and they are dealing with scammers accordingly.

It is true that there was indeed a DDoS attack on CryptoTalk and the Yobit exchange as well, there was a great slowdown in opening the site and the Ubit website continued to be closed for some time, I think Yobit handled the attack and put a message there that the attack was stopped and everything was back to normal. Now, the site is working fine.

• +1 1

Ddos attack happened last month but yobit have immediate response and they fixed that as soon as they can. I hope yobit and crypto keep our accounts more secured. I know they tried their best to give us a strong security but sometimes ddos is smart too that they can broke or slow down the server

Well they had to because of the annoying people who are just having greed for money on the forum and wanted to stop the forum giving out payments to others in which has a similarity thats happening to tf2 but that thing others just want to end it but besides that its the best option to do so while finding things to stop this chaos.

• +1 1

Reading your explanation that is when I understand the message you are trying to share with fellow members I have noticed it too when I want to spend hours in the sites they will ask to wait as they check your browser to show them if it human that is using the site not a bot 

I think it was a good idea for the admins to implement this DDos protection because it is going to keep this forum safe from hackers even if the site got slower, it is a small price to pay for our safety here.

Surprisingly, the DDoS system on this forum is made very well! And I have noticed almost more than once that it works so poorly. Of course, it needs a more stable improvement, but then this forum will be just perfect! Therefore, I believe that this forum uses really good protection!

I have too seen the forum doing the same in my browser too maybe it is because there are many attacks from hackers or so, but it is true that they security is more important than any other thing.

I think the forum don't implement all such options i might you don't strongly internet connection that is you awe perceived the poor loading page of the forum.

• +1 1

As the number of users are increasing day by day you need to grow with them too so that they need to keep the forum secure that is why they have added this feature.

This is creating some problems for certain users still it's providing a lot of security to the users of the forum. The scammers would find it hard to get into the forum and do annoying actions that lead to loss of money and privacy.

We have noticed, in some periods, a slowdown in the movement to enter the crypto forum, and a friend explained the ddos movement, but I did not understand well what he meant

We hope that the Crypto Forum will continue to evolve continuously, as it is the source of my knowledge and the source of my financial gains

On 1/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, Migo said:

You are right, I noticed that too, so this confirms that the admins are still working on this forum and they are not missing anything and trying to provide everything good to thus site, thanks for them

It seems like the forum is now making use of Cloudflare now, and they did it without announcing it, apparently. I have a slower internet connection so I can see the "Cloudflare website redirecting" browser display thingie while navigating this forum every now and then. Having protection here is a good thing, especially now that this forum is becoming more and more well-known, and the hackers are on the prowl.