There are 7500 bitcoins in the trash waiting for them to find - Page 5 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
SuperCrypto

There are 7500 bitcoins in the trash waiting for them to find

6 minutes ago, SuperCrypto said:

Certainly this bitcoin garbage affected the market and reduced the number of units in circulation of the currency, but I never think that after this long time this hard disk will contain this large amount of bitcoin and even if it is found I think it will not be valid anymore.

My friend, as for the quantity, I wait that it will stay inside the disk as it is and nothing will happen to it, but I agree with you in terms of that if it is found, it will be damaged and will never be used.

@SuperCrypto

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

1 hour ago, Nezar said:

My friend, as for the quantity, I wait that it will stay inside the disk as it is and nothing will happen to it, but I agree with you in terms of that if it is found, it will be damaged and will never be used.

@SuperCrypto

However, the hard disk may not have been damaged in the first place because of the natural factors that passed through it in the place where it was dumped, this is what he believed that the hard disk may have been damaged and is not valid at all.

The loss of this amount of coins is very bad and I think that even if they can find this hard disk, it will be completely damaged and they will not be able to recover anything from it.

1 hour ago, Brand1 said:

The loss of this amount of coins is very bad and I think that even if they can find this hard disk, it will be completely damaged and they will not be able to recover anything from it.

Certainly, this is what has been calculated. I think that the hard disk has been damaged completely and it is no longer possible to recover this wallet at all. Perhaps in this case these currencies will be lost forever and considered as if they were burned and removed from the total size.

1 hour ago, ChilBran said:

If it is damaged completed, that means there is no way to recover back the coin aside few ones I do not know if it is true and are only particular to hardware wallets. 

I do not think that it is possible to recover the currencies in the wallet if this disk is destroyed because it contains important information for the digital wallet, recovery words and passwords, then the digital wallet cannot be completed after losing the most important recovery data.

On 12/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, SuperCrypto said:

When you indulge a little in the field of cryptocurrencies and bitcoins, you will get to know something called the Private Key, which is a key that gives you access to all the bitcoins that you have collected or that you own in the event that the platform that you use does not work yet, and it is always preferred to save the Private Key is in a safe place that you can always access if you encounter any obstacles in accessing your account.
In 2013, a young man named James Howells cleaned his office one day full of unused devices, including a hard disk that he threw with the devices, after a period of time he saw a news for a Norwegian who was able to get a lot of money by investing bitcoin, he remembered that he had 7500 bitcoin he By mining it in advance, but to reach it he needs his own Private Key, which was recorded only in a hard disk that he later threw in the garbage, and I guess James has almost gone crazy about his act, and until now no one has yet been able to find the disk Hard, if you find it, you may find the Private Key and get 7500 bitcoins, which now equals approximately 75 million dollars.

i feel bad for him, throwing all those money in a trash... if something like this had happened to me i really don't know what i would have done.

there is also one positive thing, he learned how to take care of his money

16 hours ago, Rickso said:

i feel bad for him, throwing all those money in a trash... if something like this had happened to me i really don't know what i would have done.

there is also one positive thing, he learned how to take care of his money

This is the reason for my publication of this topic, everyone should learn to care about what he has cryptocurrencies, even if the current value is very low, then you do not know in the world of cryptocurrencies when the market turns and the situation turns and the price of the low currencies rises, and the prices of the high currencies decline so that must It keeps coins well and in a safe place.

$75M is a lot of money to motivate people to look for this hard drive but I wonder what is the specification of the hard drive, I'm sure someone out there had gotten it if it weren't thrown in the grinding machine. 

If James could just give out the details of this drive someone out there might just find it at least and maybe give a percentage to him. 

1 hour ago, Jamesnachoog said:

I think they are currently trying hard to make sure they look for a way to get access to that account because allot of bitcoin is stocked in the wallet and no one can get access to that without the key

They won't find any way to get access to that bitcoin, it has gone and it is better to forget about them, or try to buy new bitcoin and hold it

When someone can find that hard disk in the trash, and he knows about bitcoin and altcoin, I guess he will not say anything to his friends or other people because that will be too risky. He will keep it for himself, and he will use it for his own purposes because that means he gets a lot of bitcoin on that hard disk drive. If I were that person, I would keep it for myself, and I will sell some bitcoin to buy something that I want, and I will keep the rest of bitcoin in that wallet, and I will sell more if the price increase so high.

17 hours ago, Ngetpa said:

Is it really possible to find the bitcoins that are left in some wallets? Having a long seed is indeed takes long time to remember and there is a possibility to forget and never access the wallet. Is it possible to recover them?

I do not think that there is a possibility that lost bitcoin will return in this wallet for several reasons, the first of which is that this hard disk may have been corrupted and is no longer valid for working and retrieving the wallet information from it.

20 hours ago, MeiLynh said:

It may be a mistake to send bitcoin to the wrong address and others may not be able to fix their broken computer. Unfortunately, bitcoin will be lost forever unless someone finds the key. it will not be considered a coin burned in Bitcoin because it cannot be recovered anymore just a miracle and in the future will be worth a lot.

Yes, sure, my friend that Howells would never be able to retrieve his wallet again. The steel that contains the opening of the wallet is lost and most likely it is damaged. Thus, this lost bitcoin decreased the volume of the bitcoin circulated in general and will never return.

This is a good amount lost from bitcoin. This is bad for people who lost their bitcoins, but it is good for the market. This will be support for bitcoin.

THINK POSITIVE

18 hours ago, bentayebsalah said:

This is a good amount lost from bitcoin. This is bad for people who lost their bitcoins, but it is good for the market. This will be support for bitcoin.

It is bad for them and they would have realized their mistakes again, this has shown that in those days people didn't believe in bitcoin and it came as surprised to them when it worth more than a thousand dollars, is a lesson learnt to anyone

This is a wow! and I think about that because there are many people who maybe did some error about transference of their coins, also when there is a such hard fork all transactions in process will loss.  So all those coin goes to the trash.

2 hours ago, Summi said:

That will be difficult for it to be found in the trash they are gone and also they can not be found actually.

You are not wrong, they are just in circulation but useless. Although their price will count and do not 100% useless. 

I don't think it will be found, this bitcoin has been lost for life and cannot be recovered and will remain stored in those portfolios.

Life is great and enjoy it

That was really bad luck to have lost those bitcoins in such a way and its a regretable opportunity that could have changed his life what a loss!

We must learn a lesson from this and keep our private keys safe so that we might not end up in such a way.

That's  a very sad story. I wonder what will be that man feeling now. Because the value of bitcoins are now at around 10k. And if he had the amount of 7500 bitcoins then he would have been a big millionaire in this time. But the luck didn't favour with him. But maybe we hope someone will recover  the lost bitcoins and it can be a great asset for the market now. 

If you understand and trade, you can profit from Bitcoin. This will serve as a lesson for everyone, keeping your responsibilities safe and secure. This is the price we're expecting this month and it should be very fast.

It is a sad story for this young man who threw the hard drive containing 7500 bitcoin into the garbage, but we must draw an important lesson from this story that your private key must be kept in several safe places

On 1/22/2020 at 4:50 AM, Ionescu said:

Yeah, I have also heard about this story before and it's crazy when you think about it. The problem is what if someone already found that hard disk and cleaned everything it was on it in order to sell it or use it for himself? Then those bitcoins are completely lost forever 

This is the price we're expecting this month and it should be very fast. Bitcoin is down because people spend a lot, people trade a lot in the hope that bitcoin will force the price of bitcoin to fall.

Surely losing an amount like that makes a person frustrated and unhappy
It is useless to search for disk storage
He has to start over and learn from his mistakes

I read in the news that there is a current development on this subject. James Howells, who lives in Newport, Wales and is famous for his lost Bitcoins, made the mistake of his life when he threw away the device with 7500 BTC instead of the empty hard disk. The 35 year old computer engineer, who has been requesting permission from the municipality for a wide search for years but has received a refusal every time, has offered to donate 25 percent of the value of Bitcoins to the municipality in the form of coronavirus aid of about $ 70 million.

Edited by zagzag