Brainstorming ideas: How to combat spam in the forum? - Page 3 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

Brainstorming ideas: How to combat spam in the forum?

Of course there are a lot of cheaters who are trying to get a reputation, and maybe if the experts put robots for the reputation then it would be a good solution because the robot will not give the wrong reputation, but people give it in order to gain the reputation

12 hours ago, zagzag said:

Frankly, I have repeatedly stated my views and opinions on many topics in the CryptoTalk forum regarding this issue. For this forum, which you mean by spamming, of course, there will be some solutions. What I put the most and care about in this regard is that loyal members of the CryptoTalk forum must report immediately for every spam post. In addition, it will be useful to give negative points for every spam post you report.

Had the solution been as simple as that, then we don't have a need for this topic in the first place.

In the first place, we don't have that many reporting volunteers. Reasons may vary, but one thing I can think of right now is that some are scared to report for fear of revenge by spammers giving them negative ratings.

Spammers find ways to evade detection, and they are getting more clever. If you regularly send reports to the moderators from now on, you'll notice their various schemes soon enough.

And even if there are plenty of reporters, do you think all reports submitted are 100% accurate? Do you believe that inaccurate and false/malicious reports are not possible?

What you are saying in your post is not enough. We need a new and/or improved system of preventing spammers, that's why we have this topic.

Aside from the OP, there are at least a couple of suggestions given, you should take the time to read the previous posts. And maybe if you can come up with a better idea, you can share them here.

Like this one.

Suggestion: let select reputable members be able to see the list of members who give ratings in a post, not just the mods. In return, they can help spot and report reputation cheaters in the forum.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:45 PM, Yamantellllo98 said:

The initial idea of every cheater is to create a new email, so if we can know that it's a new email, we should monitor it.
Or that the mail was created more than a year, at least (just an idea).

So, how are we supposed to know whether an email address is new or not? Ask the email website and they'll give the data to us on a silver platter?

And how about a teenager who just reached the legal age, EARNESTLY wants to learn cryptocurrency in this forum, and just made a new email, are we going to exclude them?

What you're suggesting may be worth noting, but not practical.

Edited by kyoukage01

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

The future of the forum depemds on how e deal with the spam prone minds within the forum, many drastic decisions were taken within the forum because of spammers 

Edited by Froshk

Unfortunately, scammers and fraudsters are abundant here and everywhere, and the best way to fight them on our part is to report them when you suspect someone, and if he is not a scammer, the admins will not ban him.

@rekter Here's another idea (probably suggested somewhere else more than a year ago): how about increasing the required character count for payments from 100 to 300 (or more)? All of these 100-character long "I agree", "thank you", etc. posts will cease to appear due to the increased requirement, and even if they do try to extend the character count with additional nonsense comments, they'll be easier to flag the 'useless content' offense on.

Posting with more than 100 but less than 300 characters won't be considered as an offense (as long as the comment is NOT a shitpost), but those posts won't get paid.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +2 1

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

30 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

@rekter Here's another idea (probably suggested somewhere else more than a year ago): how about increasing the required character count for payments from 100 to 300 (or more)? All of these 100-character long "I agree", "thank you", etc. posts will cease to appear due to the increased requirement, and even if they do try to extend the character count with additional nonsense comments, they'll be easier to flag the 'useless content' offense on.

Posting with more than 100 but less than 300 characters won't be considered as an offense (as long as the comment is NOT a shitpost), but those posts won't get paid.

Yeah, why not. That would reduce low quality spamming accounts. Only down side i can see would be that some low quality posters would try to get around it by using filling words/sentences to make their posts longer. But that's not that bad. At least it would be harder for them. 

Bot accounts would be unaffected, but with those we have to have different strategy anyway. I already pm:ed one idea to combat paraphrasing bots to epidemia. I can't really tell that idea in here because cheaters would just get smarter and try to find workarounds. And i doubt that admins will tell us about their algorithm for the same reason.

I've been busy in irl now and i have big enough folder bookmarked cheaters to crash my browser if i open them all. I am not sure how many of them are actually getting paid but i'll try to report at least some of them when i get free time.

• +3 1

On 1/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, rekter said:

Yeah, why not. That would reduce low quality spamming accounts. Only down side i can see would be that some low quality posters would try to get around it by using filling words/sentences to make their posts longer. But that's not that bad. At least it would be harder for them. 

I was already expecting that they will try to get around that restriction by typing in more text. But if they do try to add useless 'fillers' on their posts, then that would make their posts even more obvious at 'useless content' violations, then they'll be more liable to reports. 'Human' spammers will have an even more difficult time, however, bots will just do the necessary adjustments even if we have 1000+ text restrictions. But at least that suggestion can help reduce spam by a significant percent.

Here's another suggestion. We no longer have the 'payment for giving ratings' system, right? So why not return the limit to 10 ratings per day, instead of the current 50? The forum has been through this "10 'likes' per day" setting before, so it shouldn't be too difficult to revert to the previous one.  The reason this forum is having so many reputation cheaters (dummy accounts) recently is that they are being used to give ratings on their main accounts' shitposts so they can get BTC payments.

Main accounts for spamming, supporting dummy accounts for cheat ratings. Or worse, a secret group conspiring to give ratings to each other's shitposts. LOL 😆 . But if there is fewer allowance on giving ratings, at least they won't be able to give ratings as freely as before.

Edited by kyoukage01

Personally I think that one of the ways to eliminate spam on the forum is for all of us to focus on reporting such content, we are many members and if we unite and all fight for that purpose we will not give room to spammers, all together we can win the race to those individuals. 

Yes my friend, it will by very useful suggestions to launch the KYC system in this forum that will sure decrease the number of spammers here. The member can be use only one account using his own mobile number that will help to avoid from multiple accounts. As a member, we also can cooperate with the forum by reporting useless posts to moderators that will really help to reduce the number of useless posts.

"You must have to take decision on Merit.💯"

"If you find my post useful, then give positive reputation.❤️"

"If you find my post useless, then give me negative reputation.🙂"

The needful needs to be done in combating spamming contents, just today I saw a plagiarized post and unfortunately the plagiarizer is a beginner I wonder why some people can't use their minds to think and produce quality content i suggest the use of KYC should be used in the forum I think this will reduce drastically the amount of spamming post.

There are many scammer and Gangster on any online earning site who always find the shortcut way to gain the best reputation from any site because when you gain the good and positive reputation then you will Fame in the whole market and everyone will be well known about you and your character so you can become a good trader in the whole market as a short time. Aaj also advised to all member to keep well connected to their senior year but always avoid these type of people who ask your personal information and data about the side because when you tell about your personal information than this information will be harm for you and bad impact on your profitable learning that you want from any online earning site like cryptocurrency.

There are a lot of ideas to help with this topic 1 - In my opinion, it is important to offer sections for languages other than English and Russian so that more people can join the forum and understand what is being published in it and present their ideas and experiences more easily.

2- The responsibility for publishing posts should be on the shoulders of older members of the forum. Indeed, beginners' posts are often repeated not as a fraud, but because of their lack of experience here.

3- A minimum number of a person's posts can be set on topics before he is allowed to publish

4- Negative reviews and reports should be for those people who have had a large number of previous posts. Their posts are considered fraud. As for beginners, we can warn them by responding to them with comments explaining to them the mistake they committed so as not to lose active members in the forum while they are in their beginnings.

• +3 1

On 1/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, Uzair Khald said:

I have a one suggestion in my mind that if someone is really interested in creating account in Cryptotalk, there should be contact interview between moderator and the member on Skype. 

... and you'd think that the mods have enough time to do that? What if Yobit or another promoter decides to do another airdrop on this forum like the one in October last year, how are the mods going to process all those applications? This idea can be reserved only for that instance where there is a potential new moderator for this forum, and that's it.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:08 PM, LOLIA NAHHAS said:

2- The responsibility for publishing posts should be on the shoulders of older members of the forum. Indeed, beginners' posts are often repeated not as a fraud, but because of their lack of experience here.

And campaign managers who just registered here can't? How about veterans from other forums who just moved here? Don't assume that all beginners are THAT inexperienced.

Pardon my words, but if a beginner's (and older member's) topic or post gets deleted, you can assure that he might have violated something. This wouldn't have happened if he is not TOO LAZY with reading the PINNED TOPICS and APPLYING THE RULES before posting. Abide by the rules, and even a monkey will have no problems writing topics and comments here.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:08 PM, LOLIA NAHHAS said:

4- Negative reviews and reports should be for those people who have had a large number of previous posts. Their posts are considered fraud. As for beginners, we can warn them by responding to them with comments explaining to them the mistake they committed so as not to lose active members in the forum while they are in their beginnings.

No explanation is needed. Again, they should have read the pinned rules of this forum before posting. It's their own fault for not doing something so simple. You should try doing that suggestion yourself, and see if you won't get tired of lecturing them over and over again 😂 . Actually one member (I will not name who it is) tried doing that before; now he has stopped, probably because he got fed up being like a broken recorder 😂 .

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +3 1

The best way to combat spam is to teach through the posts to people who are coming to the forum that they must follow the rules in order to go to the next level. We are in a season of high demand and we must be clear about what should and should not be done here. When I started I focused on studying and learning everything about it in order not to go through any kind of problems here.

• +2 1

I have been in different friends forums and fighting spam is very complicated, there are always users who write junk publications to meet some requirement and already, other times they steal ideas from other comments or topics and make them "their own", also some more shameless simply copy and paste fractions of other publications, I share the idea of the KYC, only allow one account per documents, spammers being eliminated could no longer return.

For this forum I do not think the kyc is a good idea as the yobit exchange do not have the kyc and that is the best feature of it and that is why there should not be any kyc the spammers and the scammers should get banned that is a good option.

I think It only checks on them periodically and not every quality message necessarily matches the algorithm.  I don't really know the success rate of Reading Cash Bot but it is not open source and admins will need to create our own.  And as I said, they're basically doing it now with their algorithm.

On 1/9/2021 at 9:23 PM, rekter said:

Purpose of this topic is to use our hive mind to come up with some original solutions, on how to deal with the low quality spam from low quality accounts, bots, reputation cheaters and double accounts. Any viable solutions that we come up with, we could polish and pass to admins as suggestions.

If you don't know why combatting spam is important, i'll give you 2 reasons.

1. Every scammer account that is getting away with money, is basically getting away with your money, because it's meant for active participating members and cheaters are most likely using their talk tokens to dump your talk token value.
  2. Google rankings. If we have high quality original content we are getting higher google ranking, adding more value to this forum, making it more appealing to advertisers and it would bring us legitimacy that would most likely benefit us financially as well in the end. 

So, i'll be happy to hear any ideas. What would be a meaningful solution for combatting spam and what would be too much for you?

Phone number verification? a KYC? More moderators or assistant moderators?

Edit 10.1: I will read every message in this thread and give cheaters and rephrasing bots -5 and put them top of my next reports. Not that they would be reading, but if you were wondering why some texts are getting -5, they are most likely rephrasing earlier answers.

You have shared a very useful topic and I have found your post very interesting. We should be very careful about the scammers of this forum and if we find any spamming, we should report to the moderators about the spammers. We should do our work very properly and we shouldn't do any spam work in this forum. Always follow the rules of this forum. 

On 1/9/2021 at 6:23 PM, rekter said:

If you don't know why combatting spam is important, i'll give you 2 reasons.

1. Every scammer account that is getting away with money, is basically getting away with your money, because it's meant for active participating members and cheaters are most likely using their talk tokens to dump your talk token value.
  2. Google rankings. If we have high quality original content we are getting higher google ranking, adding more value to this forum, making it more appealing to advertisers and it would bring us legitimacy that would most likely benefit us financially as well in the end. 

This is true! Scammers are doing the opposite to dump the price of Talk tokens, but we can avoid them simply by convincing the moderators to update some rules of the forum for our safety and to protect the forum value.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:23 PM, rekter said:

Phone number verification? a KYC? More moderators or assistant moderators?

This is what they have to do so that we can beat all scammers! Scammers will never upload their real details (documents) to be checked! Though it may be difficult and we may lose some members but the forum will be in the right position. Also, It would be better if they'll assign moderators for each section, or at least 2 sections per one moderator! This would reduce their work and also would be easy to investigate and ban spammers!

• +1 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

it is very important that we should use some quality post in this forum and if we wanted to stay away from the scams we should use our mind in order to make any kind of investment in any place

Originality will always be our best introduction to make a new topic or to make a comment. The good thing about the forum is that if you make a good post it will receive many visits and will be for discussion among all active members.

The exchange is very useful. I think developers should increase the questions that reveal robots, and for insignificant publications, developers can easily detect repetitive and poor publications, and they should ban them immediately.

For me I think the most important thing is to warn the moderators with the respective link of the person who is subtracting in the forum, we must understand that we are a community and that there are people who will not let harm everything that has to do with their development here in Cryptotalk. For that we are all as a team to warn those who are doing damage to the forum.

• +3 1

Besides that, in the end the rewards of the campaigns were lowered a lot and every member of the forum paid the price for this. Of course, the forum couldn't sustain this high payments in Bitcoin and the price of talk ended being very lower which was expected. While you made this post correctly and explained the situation, in the beginners section it is still full with posters that are making the lowest quality possible and most new posts are about helping each other and how much they can profit from this forum.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 3/23/2021 at 12:11 AM, kryptonick said:

Besides that, in the end the rewards of the campaigns were lowered a lot and every member of the forum paid the price for this. Of course, the forum couldn't sustain this high payments in Bitcoin and the price of talk ended being very lower which was expected.

Forum has already realized it and the BTC reward was reduced and I welcomed the ideas from the forum administrator. There are the growing concerns regarding the price of Talk tokens, but the guys are still missing the opportunity earn passive incomes from Talk tokens on Yobit exchange. In order to combat against the scammers or low quality posters, I still suggest forum admin to implement the algorithms to automatically detect copied, paraphrased and the excessive generic phrases. 

• +4 1