4 Common Cryptocurrency Scams We Should take note. - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Projectcrypto

4 Common Cryptocurrency Scams We Should take note.

In order not to fall into this type of scams, we must analyze well the platform where we are going to invest or people who want to scam us, you always have to analyze and get rid of all the doubts you have until you are sure that you will no longer fall for the scams.

• +2 1

Scam emails and fake sites these are the top weapons for the scammers and in the crypto market scammers will use these two things mostly and they make good money through this becasue in the crypto market peoples will mostly trust on the exchanges.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

There are many scammer in the crypto world... We notice that deeply crypto scammers are increasing are day by day.... We seen many telegram airdrop are fake.... So we should be very care as if any scam not fall to trap....       

Very interesting publication, since with the boom of cryptocurrencies the boom in scams also comes together, another factor to take into account is the ICOs that tend to become fashionable and end up being scams, resulting in coins that are not worth nor a tenth of what one invests.

I face telegram fake investment sites and emails daily last day I again get scamming mails. And I reported the mail address. It's good to stop those scammers who  are hunting newbies. For apps and sites I never visit them ,because I know those are the fake sites for scamming. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I do feel like impostor website and fake emails are what gets people all the time, because you can just copy the code of the website and paste it in yours, therefore creating an identical looking website, and so with emails.

One way to prevent this is to have a database of all the original website domains and email domains and check them with the database when we do go into them or eventually decide to purchase, or log in to withdraw some of our balance,

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Scammers are everywhere but they really focus on this cryptocurrencies world! especially because of the ignorance of the beginners.. there are many people just join this world without knowledge about how it works well.. so before entering this world you should really be aware and keep in mind that the thefts waiting for your wrong actions to steal your money.. in the past , there were many useful airdrops but these days they are really rare.. for me , i prefer joining only trusted airdrops from trusted exchanges. and read the project of the currency before joining its airdrop! this topic is useful for the beginners and it should make them aware and know how to avoid the scammers.. 

• +2 1

One risk that you do not mention, for example in mobile applications that do not pay, is that many ask for permissions to access the gallery or the multimedia system that the team has, with the purpose of stealing information, taking photos with the front camera or  even take screenshot of your screen.  Thanks for your advice I just wanted to narrow that down.

• +1 1

There is lots of scam and the scammers all around us, the scam is the main violating  point in the market. Most of the people are scared to be fall into the trap.  Thank you to share the informative topics and specify the four most common uses of the scam. 

On 10/28/2020 at 2:24 PM, Projectcrypto said:

I just hope we find a way to escape the scammers threat in the future because they are hurting many people especially the newbies who have less experience about the field, they are very smart which make them have lot of ways to formulate things to look exactly like an original existing website.

Sure mate scamers are very disturbing in the crypto world because they go away with people's hard earned money vai cryptocurrence by using different means and mostly newbie are the ones falling much in their traps because they luck enough knowledge on this,but I believe this forum with more crypto information made available,many newbies will get served from these cruel human beings and learn their tactics through posts like these ..thanks.

• +3 1

This is an excellent list of scams that take place in the crypto world. I have noticed that the number of third party applications that pose as the original application is increasing exponentially with time and the reason that they do this is to obtain your website log in details such as your username and password. In doing so, they are able to withdraw your funds to their account. 

Another scam that i think is worth noting is the fact that there ae many websites with exorbitant interest rates that claim to double your investment in a few weeks. These are clear scams and should be avoided at all costs. 

• +3 1
  • +4 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

Hello dear colleague, great work done on this topic that you have created since scams are of the utmost importance therefore considered very useful information for many colleagues in the world of cryptocurrencies and take precautions against scammers since at some point they may be scammed myself I was scammed myself

Good luck and great luck for the whole community
Big greeting

• +1 1

On 10/15/2020 at 6:52 PM, Projectcrypto said:

Imposter Website:- This is a scamming system in which a website is created to resemble an original existing website and anyone who visit the exchanger might likely lose there funds, so take note of this because there will be no one to compensate you if you lose to scammers.

This is the most common mistake made by newbie in crypto world as they are not aware about their security and privacy... They think all the offer from crypto world become true so they easily believe any email from any site..  Though i not yet faced this kind of problem but every member should be careful about this mistake badly..  By the way, i appreciate to you for make this great topic..                

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

Hey mate, thanks for your information about cryptocurrency scam, we must aware about crypto scammer and we must follow what you mention to post. We are getting lot of scam mail to gmail, so we should not open the email  otherwise our computer or account might get hacked.

• +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿Instagram🕹

On 10/15/2020 at 1:52 PM, Projectcrypto said:

Cryptoworld is filled up with different types of scamming techniques which scammers used to cheat less experienced people and some users who mistakingly fall into there trap, in order to avoid members falling into there traps that is why i decided to create this topic to remind us on some of the tricks they used to cheat people.

Here are four(4) common Cryptocurrency scams we must take note of mate, they include:-

1. Imposter Website:- This is a scamming system in which a website is created to resemble an original existing website and anyone who visit the exchanger might likely lose there funds, so take note of this because there will be no one to compensate you if you lose to scammers. Example, we all know that yobit exchanger URL address is "yobit.net" but imposters can create there's to be like "yobit..net" and that is why yobit support team keep warning us that " Do check domain in your browser, our domain: yobit.net, yobit.io, yobitex.net. If you enter your login/password at other site, your money can be stolen by hackers and we can't help you. To Avoid this type of scam carefully type the URL yourself.

2. Fake Mobile Apps:- This is a scamming trick used to cheat investors through fake Apps which they claimis available for you to download in Google playstore and it is a great risk for Android Cryptocurrency investors, to avoid this type of scamming trick kindly make use of the website to make your investment to avoid losing your funds to scammers because there will no one to compensate you if you lose. ( Begginers yobit exchanger doesn't have a mobile App in playstore yet so patiently wait for the official announcement).

3. Social Media Update:- Bots are mostly used for this type of this trick mate so take note. Scammers do create accounts with names of celebrities claiming the name and if your follow them later you will begin to see offers including positive replies, these are bots which are automatically assigned to perform such task and don't send any amount of coins they ask you to if not you won't see anything in return, so greedy members should be aware of this Cryptocurrency scams.

4. Scamming Emails:- In this system they send emails which look like legitimate crypto company that you may have invested in and they will provide you a link don't click, closely look at the logo well and compare with that of the site you invest to avoid falling a victim. The ability to check on these is why i strongly suggest we invest in top popular site.

These are some tricks used by scammers dear friends, so be vigilant and be security concious scammers are real.

239519919_296554.jpg

Thanks crytoprojet about this wonderful write up.  Most people fall victim especially the new comers in this great forum. When they take their time and read about this i think they will be careful about this scammers .

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Thanks my friend, it is important for all to remember about all this and lately I'm very suspicious of many emails I'm receiving and some I'm not even opening to see what they have written. There are many scams and some that have extortion in them too. Of course when these extorters are found they will pay dearly for this and they shouln't feel very safe extorting people especially without having nothing at all but bluffing. Some will get really angry and find them.

• +3 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:52 AM, Projectcrypto said:

Cryptoworld is filled up with different types of scamming techniques which scammers used to cheat less experienced people and some users who mistakingly fall into there trap, in order to avoid members falling into there traps that is why i decided to create this topic to remind us on some of the tricks they used to cheat people.

Here are four(4) common Cryptocurrency scams we must take note of mate, they include:-

1. Imposter Website:- This is a scamming system in which a website is created to resemble an original existing website and anyone who visit the exchanger might likely lose there funds, so take note of this because there will be no one to compensate you if you lose to scammers. Example, we all know that yobit exchanger URL address is "yobit.net" but imposters can create there's to be like "yobit..net" and that is why yobit support team keep warning us that " Do check domain in your browser, our domain: yobit.net, yobit.io, yobitex.net. If you enter your login/password at other site, your money can be stolen by hackers and we can't help you. To Avoid this type of scam carefully type the URL yourself.

2. Fake Mobile Apps:- This is a scamming trick used to cheat investors through fake Apps which they claimis available for you to download in Google playstore and it is a great risk for Android Cryptocurrency investors, to avoid this type of scamming trick kindly make use of the website to make your investment to avoid losing your funds to scammers because there will no one to compensate you if you lose. ( Begginers yobit exchanger doesn't have a mobile App in playstore yet so patiently wait for the official announcement).

3. Social Media Update:- Bots are mostly used for this type of this trick mate so take note. Scammers do create accounts with names of celebrities claiming the name and if your follow them later you will begin to see offers including positive replies, these are bots which are automatically assigned to perform such task and don't send any amount of coins they ask you to if not you won't see anything in return, so greedy members should be aware of this Cryptocurrency scams.

4. Scamming Emails:- In this system they send emails which look like legitimate crypto company that you may have invested in and they will provide you a link don't click, closely look at the logo well and compare with that of the site you invest to avoid falling a victim. The ability to check on these is why i strongly suggest we invest in top popular site.

These are some tricks used by scammers dear friends, so be vigilant and be security concious scammers are real.

@Projectcrypto Yes, those are only four of the thousands that exist, one that is fashionable are the private messages on Discord where they tell you that you earned a considerable amount of BTC and that you must register in an exchange to withdraw them by placing the keyword they give you Of course, after you enter your data and register, then they ask you for a small amount of BTC to be able to make the withdrawal, if you send the coins you are already scammed, also a scammer contacts you and tells you that they have some coins stuck in a exchange and that it needs you to help it, that if you do it will give you a part of the withdrawal, it sends you to register on a phishing page where your data will be taken and the wallet where you have your coins can be emptied.
You have to stay safe and experience gives you the opportunity to always be attentive, reading a lot and being informed is the key to minimizing risks.

• +2 1
  • +5 1

Yes, you have the right to thank you for raising this topic to alert beginners in the field of cryptocurrency to the dangers that may occur to them in this field. Therefore, everyone should beware, especially from spam that asks you for your private data. Be careful not to fall into a misfortune and fraud.

• +1 1

16 hours ago, Dormilon said:

You have to stay safe and experience gives you the opportunity to always be attentive, reading a lot and being informed is the key to minimizing risks.

You are right mate and seeking good knowledge and experience about Cryptocurrency is the only way i think we can all minimize our risk of falling victims of scammers because they have many ways they use to cheat people and we now know some of this techniques they use then it is left for us to be extra careful with the way we run out activities in this cryptoworld to avoid losing funds because no one will be there to compensate us if we lose to scammers.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

On 11/8/2020 at 5:46 AM, George10 said:

available,many newbies will get served from these cruel human beings and learn their tactics through posts like these ..

That is why i am always advising th newbies to focus and learn a lot from this forum because this forum carries a lot of information about Cryptocurrency and anything related to it which will definitely reduce ones risk of falling victims of scammers because scammers have no sympathy about how hard someone worked to earn in cryptoworld.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

BetFury                                                   

4 minutes ago, Projectcrypto said:

That is why i am always advising th newbies to focus and learn a lot from this forum because this forum carries a lot of information about Cryptocurrency and anything related to it which will definitely reduce ones risk of falling victims of scammers because scammers have no sympathy about how hard someone worked to earn in cryptoworld.

Yes mate scamers are brutal and take no sympathy on any one they have scammed even when you tell them how hard you went through to  get the money,theris no chance of getting back what belongs to you I went through this before and the best thing to do is to avoid them and learn their tactics to stay safe.

• +2 1

On 11/8/2020 at 12:36 PM, Husnyjaf said:

Thanks crytoprojet about this wonderful write up.  Most people fall victim especially the new comers in this great forum. When they take their time and read about this i think they will be careful about this scammers .

Sure mate and by that they can reduce the risk of falling victims of scammers which make them remain safe because scammers have no sympathy for people which means they can even murder human being because someone can go for suicide if they lose huge capital to scammers so let us all be extra careful with the way we run out activities in cryptoworld to avoid losing.

• +4 1

BetFury                                                   

good points to consider to avoid being swindled, for nobody it is a secret the capacity that have these malicious people to deceive and to steal your information, for that reason we must see well the origin of the mails before opening them, and the apps  update  only when the official page thus indicates it 

• +1 1

All these and more are some of the major ways that scammers get their victims. We need to educate ourselves so as to be free from them. We need to also work with the best security tools available to us like 2 factor authentication.

Thank you for this very good post. I had the experience in which they told me that I had earned a lot of bitcoin but that I needed to make a payment before this was with an email from an important company but with a very rare domain in the email address and when I saw it I deleted it immediately, I didn't even open it.