How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds. - Page 12 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds.

If you keep your wallet and persist in your privet basis reliable in that case your description isn't hacked. And afterward you save your bill from hackers. If you don't click any phasing associate in that case you are secure from spamming. 

Recognition for distribution this caste of in sequence mate, this will be assistance our co-members at this point chiefly to the new members to duck this caste of crime, lately to fixed firmly your wallets and having round about duplicates of your wallet keys. 

In order not to get caught by scammers it is enough to be careful and not trust everyone I also advise you to add two factor authentication and most importantly do not click on suspicious links

• +1 1
  • +4 1

Do not store the password on the online page as it may contain the potential for a hack in any way, and most of your accounts should be secured with 2-Factor 2FA authentication.

First of all, don't post your main email in forums or public places. This can be used to try to break the password and have access to it or simply fill your email with spam and links to pages with viruses. Never download software from dubious pages on the internet and keep your antivirus updated. Avoid trusting in high returns in a short time, this is simply impossible, imagine that someone promises you an ROI of 100% in just 24 hours or 300% in about 72 hours, this is impossible my friend, you have to distrust from the first moment. Avoid channels and telegram bots, many of the main hackers and people who want to scam you are there, avoid them at all costs.

It is possible to recover lost bitcoins traded or invested, if appropriate measures are taken immediately. All steps should be recorded, as well as a contact list of the Bitcoin wallet address and Investment managers one has traded with when Investing in Bitcoins.

For me it would be to verify where we send your cryptocurrencies. If your computer is with a virus it can change the address or qr that is supposed to be your address. This happens without our noticing.

I think that to avoid being scammed, we must take into account all the recommendations offered by the cryptocurrency market platforms and in turn be very careful with our keys, since no matter how much security a system of any kind has or that these platforms offer of cryptocurrencies, and there are many safety recommendations on the internet, if you are a careless user you run the risk of being scams and theft.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

When opening your account, carry out all the security systems and for nothing or nothing give your data to a stranger.
  • -1 1

With your experience for time u can know the sacmers , I started at crytop befor one year ,, I scameed one time , but now I serch very well befor invest in any project , 

With serch and watch videos about any project u will not scammed anymore 

You are right in what you say, it is also important to take into account unknown web pages, a friend had a problem with a navigation page, he was redirected to a link where he automatically downloaded a malware that changes the sending / receiving addresses. In addition, the proposals of unknown people that seem incredible offers. but if it's too good, it's probably fake.

• Useful or interesting 2

On 12/23/2019 at 8:04 AM, Digicoin said:

Generate your private keys in a secure, offline environment

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

Create backups of your private keys

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

Encrypt wallets to provide additional security

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

Excellent recommendations to protect us from fraud and scams.

Every day computer criminals look for your vulnerable points to take your money.

It is part of our responsibility to make sure we make it very difficult for you to access our account information.

When these criminals notice that you are a person who takes the precautions to insure their accounts, the most likely thing is that they stop trying with you and become another victim

On 12/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

Thanks these are awsome tips and we can use them to avoid losing our cryptocurrencies. But we have to be safe anyway and keep reading about the software and possible vulnerabilities in our wallets that come out from time.

On 12/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, Digicoin said:

thanks. The information you describe is very helpful to us. Yes, it is true that avoiding fraudulent fraud and loss of funds can be done by storing crypto in an Offline wallet, in my opinion this is the best. In small amounts to make trades we can store them in online wallets, but what you need to pay attention to is always secure your private key.

• +1 1

Thank you very much for your support in helping people how to avoid all these scammers that are trying to steal our crypto. You gave us very good advice that I plan to follow and make no mistake for my cryptocurrency to be extremely safe.

• +1 1

On 10/4/2020 at 2:15 PM, Affect579 said:

In order not to get caught by scammers it is enough to be careful and not trust everyone I also advise you to add two factor authentication and most importantly do not click on suspicious links

The problem is that there are too much temptation of free or easy money and some of them real pays, so the fear of missing out even tally catches up with people. Some people even invest on these offers as a gamble they do know that it might be a scam or not.

11 hours ago, Onden said:

thanks. The information you describe is very helpful to us. Yes, it is true that avoiding fraudulent fraud and loss of funds can be done by storing crypto in an Offline wallet, in my opinion this is the best. In small amounts to make trades we can store them in online wallets, but what you need to pay attention to is always secure your private key.

Nicely said brother @Onden.offline wallets are more secure and reliable than online wallets.Because their are less chances that hackers may stole the money in your account.Through offline wallets we are completely protected.So i also recommend you to use offline wallets.

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

2 hours ago, Gideon$ said:

Those are good tips friend and can help reduce loss of our crypto currencies through hacks and scams because they are now every where and the best we can do is to enable those factors like keeping safe our wallet back up phrase or seed and enable 2fa it will reduce chances of falling for hack attacks.

You are right friend @Gideon$ we should never forget 2fa and any other security options we find in the websites we are using. There are some that offer lock to our options and will only unlock after a few days pass. Nobody will be able to send to a wallet you haven't saved before or sell and send the crypto somewhere else.

This is also very important security option and if you find it enable it also.

Edited by percare

On 12/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, Digicoin said:

I think its also not a good idea to be saving your passwords through the Google save, because if you'll login your email to someone device, then he'll be able to access your accounts through your saved password 

• Useful or interesting 1

There are many peoples who have fallen victim to many scams and in return all lost their money. For this purpose, strict actions are required along with awareness. You suggest good points, but I further want to add that we should share our bad experiences with each other so that we don't fall for the scam. And we must create a very strong password to secure our account

I try to understand how we can encrypt our wallet if this is a hardware wallet. Isn't this the passphrase option that encrypts the saved data in the hardware wallet? I'm a little confused at this. I know there were older wallets that used by miners and they were in the form of a file called wallet.dat that contained their transations and they had some files containing private keys that were encrypted with a password. But I don't know exactly how they used to work with them.

• +3 1

On 12/23/2019 at 1:12 PM, CryptoMaxim said:

First do not download files from unfamiliar and unverified resources watch carefully so as not to get to phishing sites and preferably wallets and paproli do not store on your PC.

Yes, dear colleague of this great forum, I totally agree with you with the answer given in this topic since security in crypto currencies is of the utmost importance, especially having wallets that offer you the private key
Good luck and big winnings for the whole community
A big greeting

• +1 1

I don't reply to email coming from the ZIG-ZAG low quality domains. First step to check the sender domain then content. Some hackers send dangerous file hiding in the pdf files or flash players. I immediately cancel them. I want to be secure.

Great and helpful post my friend. I think you should keep a track on what you download. Make sure you don't download the unsecure files . I think these contain a lot of scams which can attack your personal security and information.

Unfortunately it may be not suprising but these things are the most typical things that beginners make a mistake not being able to maximise their safety causes for them in the future when doing great their work will fall down very hard as for not being able to secure their things well.

• +4 1