How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds. - Page 14 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds.

20 hours ago, Biojay said:

Yes I agree with you mate, creating an offline wallet will really help us to avoid scammers but I don't really know of any offline wallet maybe it is because I'm new in the crypto system, but having an offline wallet with a very strong password will surely avoid us from being scammed.

Most people dont have vast idea about offline wallets. I will advice you ask most of the senior members here, the ones you really trust to give you a brief explanation about offline wallet. Or you can ask Google or watch  it online on YouTube.

• +2 1

There are some simple steps you can take to reduce or minimize the risk of becoming a victim of identity theft.

Practice safe internet use. ...

Destroy private records. ...

Secure your mail. ...

Be careful with your Social Security Number. ...

Check your credit report. ...

Be aware of scams. 

Keep your passwords and pin numbers in a safe place. Be very careful about how much personal information you share on social media sites. Scammers can use your information and pictures to create a fake identity or to target you with a scam. Keep your mobile devices and computers secure.

• Useful or interesting 1

In addition to that, haven't provide a strong security to your wallet it is very important not to share your password details to a private individual or corporate body so that you can be free from scammers and illegal people.

We all have to pay attention to these matters and scrutinize them because if we are robbed, we will lose our fatigue and our effort, so we have to make sure that your private keys are safe and away from the Internet, in addition to good encryption for the existing wallets.

Of course the best way to avoid your fund scams, theft and other ways is to avoid taking a side in the crypto world.Be patient and stay away from people who offer other scams, put your funds in a hardware and take care of your personal information

On 12/23/2019 at 8:04 AM, Digicoin said:

Generate your private keys in a secure, offline environment

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

Create backups of your private keys

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

Encrypt wallets to provide additional security

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

Totally, the best tips are those, those that are stolen is because they are not careful, so I recommend using different passwords in each site that is registered and thus avoid losing money, so it would be better to have everything written down in a notebook or in a secure email where only the owner has access.

If you share your personal information anybody can steal your money. Never share your private key to anyone even your family member. You should keep them in safe please. Private key is like bank account signature if you give it to anyone than they can steal your money. 

Dear, for me, I keep personal information in a safe place, i don't give it to anyone, I don't enter suspicious websites and platforms, it's not safe and not reliable, I like to work in content and knowledge, and most importantly keep ing my information. 

• +5 1

Thanks for sharing this useful information as a beginner you should know how to save your funds using 2fa in exchanges wallets is very important and keeping your private keys at safe and secure place is must

• +5 1

I think it is a wallet that works without the Internet is the best and most protected wallet, but any disregard for you and wasting keys means that you have lost everything

• +3 1

getting and keeping the backup at some palce and keeping it at any ofline place or remembering it by heart is the best way to avoid getting hacked by anyone.

Thanks for your information, we need to keep our private keys secure and safe to avoid lose of funds. Another advice is that we should not download things from unfamiliar website or phishing websites. 

Without any doubt, these are the best advice that can be obtained on the internet because we must know and have our passwords protected to avoid being scammed or hacked.

• +3 1

I think crypto forum is save from scammers and theft we should dont take any tension about sxammers at this forum. We should never leack our account information at this forum. 

This forum is full of users and day by day they are increaing in number so we should dont think about scammers and theft. We should concentrate to write lots of posts about the betterment of this forum due to this we can earn lots of money

On 12/23/2019 at 8:04 AM, Digicoin said:

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

Very good recommendations, especially that of storing private keys without internet connection is very creative, in fact it is something delicate that you always have to be careful and not be visiting pages where our information can be stolen.

There's nothing better than protecting our private keys in order to have our assets more secured and out of reach of scammers.

Well, the only way I think you can secure your account from scam, theft and fraudsters is to be vigilant about every one. Don't in any way share your personal information to anyone you don't know. You are always welcome mate.

By avoiding unsolicited site and links, we should also avoid given out our passcode to any bots claiming they will doubled your cryptocurrencies in 3hrs and always avoid selling your crypto to any website because we don't know who is behind the site. 

• +2 1

On 12/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Yes dude  prevention is very much important and it all needs to be secure and vigilant about our money by using private keys and strong password we are able to be safe from scammers and fake people

A lot of members steal from this forum too, they want to harm us this forum, they are bad guys. We will try to avoid them, and try to save our forum. Don't share anything personal with anyone, try to keep yourself aware. Those who are fraudsters will want to harm us by hacking our scammers and accounts, we will avoid them.

Thank you for the recommendations. I also think that cold wallets are safer than hot ones, but they are only recommended to keep a good amount of money, because it is necessary to invest to have a good hardware wallet.
Another advice, as obvious as it may seem, is to always check the shipping address to avoid bad experiences. 
In general, it is essential to be wary of most cryptocurrency ads and to visit only the safest websites so as not to download any type of malware intended to steal funds or information.

• +2 1

It is better to merge your information with other information to avoid duplicate posts in the forum. Great tips-all-all, but I think it has already been discussed in various topics / threads.

Your complete post is about good information but we are also very attentive when a email and messages send us then we have no idea who is our friend. Some scammers are also our friend and when message we received we have no skills to know them who is friend or who is scammer 

• +1 1

On 12/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Always invest in the good coins and also in the old exchanges becasue scammers now make the fake exchanges and also they make the fake coins and when they got good earning in the market they dumb the coin and close the exchange.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 12/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, Digicoin said:

@Digicoin

My friend, great and useful advice, of course we have to preserve the wallet and our private keys are preserved. We have to have additional security so that cryptocurrencies are not lost and preserved. I wish you good luck