Why old topics are not locked - Page 3 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Why old topics are not locked

I think it is policy of this website.

But I think it is more useful than bitcoin talk. 

Because new user face difficulty to understand their policy.

Best of luck to all the user of crytotalk.

You can't lock any topic because there a lot of discussion in comments that you can't delete users talk about topic and between users so there a lot of subject in one topic all is around the topic so they can't do that and that's good in my opinion

2 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, this is my goal precisely from this topic. They should keep the good topics that can be discussed for a long time and close the topics whose discussion has ended so that they will not allow Spam to exploit them.

Actually, I do not know the reason why old topics that do not have much benefit are not closed. Perhaps they want to give the opportunity to new ones to reach 100 responses, this is my opinion. what do you think ? . 

On 12/7/2019 at 7:57 AM, Crypto123 said:

When I browse the forum in order to do some responses, I use a nice feature on the forum is NEXT UNREAD TOPIC and it is very comfortable in working really, but the problem that faces me is that I have old topics appearing for more than two months and I do not want to respond to these old topics because they have become old and the topic The one you're talking about has been a while ago, but I find that there are a lot of members making responses even after all that time.
My question is why these old threads are not locked and they are read-only so that no one can respond to these topics.
What do you think, whether you are with me or against closing old topics?

These topics have potential fir more responses and every new old member can discussion more on topic.whatere he is agree with newbies or want  to guide them about their comments on topic.So its better to not close old topics of form.

It seems that old topics are being DELETED and not locked. For what reason, nobody knows but we can only speculate that it is because the forum wants to control spending and pay less, because when they delete posts, it means users will need to post more before they get paid again.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:39 PM, scorpiali said:

You can't lock any topic because there a lot of discussion in comments that you can't delete users talk about topic and between users so there a lot of subject in one topic all is around the topic so they can't do that and that's good in my opinion

I did not say that comments were closed, but closing comments that are no longer debatable. For example, I wrote some months ago about a significant 7-fold rise in the yone coin and despite this rise it ended a month ago but I am still receiving responses so far. Do you understand what I mean?

Maybe because that topic is useful to the other members of the new members and has a good constructive content and is worth to receive more replies for others, and maybe because there are not many topics in the forum yet, imagine the old topic will be locked and there are not much of new topics, so there will be no topic to be left to post. I think that's the reason for that.

6 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

I did not say that comments were closed, but closing comments that are no longer debatable. For example, I wrote some months ago about a significant 7-fold rise in the yone coin and despite this rise it ended a month ago but I am still receiving responses so far. Do you understand what I mean?

You mean to lock the topic you post you don't want any more comments in your post. Well the moment you make a post the post it's nit yours it's for all members who discuss on it and the only admin who can lock any post you need to ask it to lock it for you

47 minutes ago, scorpiali said:

You mean to lock the topic you post you don't want any more comments in your post. Well the moment you make a post the post it's nit yours it's for all members who discuss on it and the only admin who can lock any post you need to ask it to lock it for you

Yes, the topic lock feature is present even in old forums which do not have great technologies like this forum. I am surprised that there is no such feature in this forum.

I think only admin in this page can lock a post. And I noticed all post that have locked was from moderators and I think they do that to avoid unnecessary comments to their post. In the side of the normal members sometimes the post have a different view to the reader so the result some members comment on it.

24 minutes ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, the topic lock feature is present even in old forums which do not have great technologies like this forum. I am surprised that there is no such feature in this forum.

Yes they should really add this feature because it's helpful maybe in the next update

11 minutes ago, Interface User said:

I think only admin in this page can lock a post. And I noticed all post that have locked was from moderators and I think they do that to avoid unnecessary comments to their post. In the side of the normal members sometimes the post have a different view to the reader so the result some members comment on it.

Yes, moderators lock some issues sometimes because they create a kind of chaos and unpleasant responses, and for these things, the moderators lock them. Only moderators and addicts have the authority to lock topics.

14 minutes ago, Digicoin said:

Making constructive topics and posts with meaningful contents makes other members to reply to it. The more the reply, admin will not lock the topic until people are not posting under it again.

Yes, your words are completely accurate and I am against the closure of good and constructive topics, and many of the topics have good content and can be answered for a long period of time. But the main idea is that some information is only valid for a specific time. For example, I made a topic about the rise in the price of a particular currency, and this rise ended and the currency fell, but I still receive responses yet, even though the topic is over and is no longer valid for discussion. This is my intention.

there are too many topic on this forum .i did not find any topic which is locked .its like an open debate and once the solution and purpose of creation is accomplished it will be lock.

6 hours ago, Iftekhar75 said:

Old topics are not locked maybe because everyday new people join this community & different people have different information.

Yes, I think that is true. Everyone has new information and has a desire to see information that is different from the other, and I have said more than once that I am not calling for the closure of topics that contain good information.

The reason is that everyone wants to talk about new topics and learn about them and to know about them, they post new topics so they don't follow the old ones so they are not locked.

The old topic was getting positive response and continuously getting healty conversations thats why it was not lock. This feature was good to lessen the spamming reply's on a certain topic.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, Crypto123 said:

When I browse the forum in order to do some responses, I use a nice feature on the forum is NEXT UNREAD TOPIC and it is very comfortable in working really, but the problem that faces me is that I have old topics appearing for more than two months and I do not want to respond to these old topics because they have become old and the topic The one you're talking about has been a while ago, but I find that there are a lot of members making responses even after all that time.
My question is why these old threads are not locked and they are read-only so that no one can respond to these topics.
What do you think, whether you are with me or against closing old topics?

Just ask the moderators and administrators about your concern. They're the once that is responsible on making topics locked. They can answer your questions. Good day.

as long as the topic is not spam, on the topic of the thread, even if there is no reply the topic is not locked. but if the topic and the thread are not related, it will be locked immediately.

Some old topics are not locked for many common reasons.In some old topics people can share their own opinions.They can also ask many things.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, yifnt said:

The reason the moderator does not lock in old topics is that there is still a good and constructive discussion on the topic, the moderator will lock in the topic when there is no discussion to continue because the topic has been answered

Because that are still  useful to others and people comment their so if they lock these topics their is not longer discussion about  2019 .

I have seen many topics are locked now and some of the topics are locked yet but the admin and moderator are doing best to make this forum much popular.

I don't think old posts get locked as long as users still frequently posts replies on there but it is a good idea to close the topic once a conclusion has been arrived at since other member might continue posting even if the OP already found what he was looking for.