Why old topics are not locked - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Why old topics are not locked

On 12/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, Crypto123 said:

When I browse the forum in order to do some responses, I use a nice feature on the forum is NEXT UNREAD TOPIC and it is very comfortable in working really, but the problem that faces me is that I have old topics appearing for more than two months and I do not want to respond to these old topics because they have become old and the topic The one you're talking about has been a while ago, but I find that there are a lot of members making responses even after all that time.
My question is why these old threads are not locked and they are read-only so that no one can respond to these topics.
What do you think, whether you are with me or against closing old topics?

Indeed yes,

that old constructive and helpful topics are not yet locked, in my personal view i think it is still a useful topic that's why it was not locked.

I think the subject of the topic is more important that the age of it. Some old topics have more valuable subjects than some new ones. This is why some members may find some of the information they need in old topics and make posts in them to revive the discussion again. I also posted in some of these topics because I didn't want to create a new topic for something that already exists. When you post in old topics, they go up to the main page of that forum section and will be seen by most users. It is good to review some old discussions because there are always some things to be learned from them. The answers to most newbies' questions can be found in old topics.

Edited by Brushless4500KV

33 minutes ago, Brushless4500KV said:

I think the subject of the topic is more important that the age of it. Some old topics have more valuable subjects than some new ones. This is why some members may find some of the information they need in old topics and make posts in them to revive the discussion again. I also posted in some of these topics because I didn't want to create a new topic for something that already exists. When you post in old topics, they go up to the main page of that forum section and will be seen by most users. It is good to review some old discussions because there are always some things to be learned from them. The answers to most newbies' questions can be found in old topics.

Yes, these are good reasons and I am with you on this, and I do not demand that all old issues be closed, but only topics in which discussion is no longer useful such as the high price of bitcoin two months ago, for example, or for example a problem in opening a website or others, such topics ended the time of discussion in them Nevertheless, I see some members replay . I just know that there are great and useful topics and I am replay to them but my words on such topics that I mentioned.

I actually don't know if is old or new post wich is locked but I only know any both of them can be locked. But whats the reasons to lock topics?

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

There are some publications that should be closed, but there are some others that moderators believe are still benefiting members and still yet to close it , i think that so what do you think ? .

This forum is new and its need some good feedbacks and suggestions from members those are coming from different places so its not good idea to lock old threads as this is going to help them for giving new ideas which mods can implement and bring some good for crypto world but still one thing is good they have to fix this if any member want to lock his own thread he can do and when want to unlock this is possible for him this is going to be good for all.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, yifnt said:

The reason the moderator does not lock in old topics is that there is still a good and constructive discussion on the topic, the moderator will lock in the topic when there is no discussion to continue because the topic has been answered

Yes there are many old topics available in the forum which we can learn more about the crypto world that topics is also very beneficial for newbies.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

3 hours ago, myaccount1 said:

Yes there are many old topics available in the forum which we can learn more about the crypto world that topics is also very beneficial for newbies.

You are right because even i, i got so many new knowledge on old posts maybe it is the reason why the old topics are still open.

I think because the owner of the site is in search of unique answers to the questions which might bring an impact!         

Seems to me that a lot of threads that go past a few pages *do* get locked, or at least that seems to be what I'm seeing. 

There don't seem to be a whole lot of new threads, so perhaps that's why mods aren't locking older ones that much.  Most of the threads on the first page of a section are usually from Oct. or Nov., which is weird.  I'm not sure why members aren't starting new threads.

It is not good to lock all old topics some them are really good topics and a good conversation is going on there but i agree with you old uninformative and useless topics must be locked

On 12/7/2019 at 3:15 PM, yifnt said:

The reason the moderator does not lock in old topics is that there is still a good and constructive discussion on the topic, the moderator will lock in the topic when there is no discussion to continue because the topic has been answered

Yes that's true the topic is very broad and posters are giving various opinions on those threads on other forums some topics are going 3 to five months old and still getting a lot of replies from members.

9 minutes ago, Abir said:

The reason the moderator does not lock in old topics is that there is still a good and constructive discussion on the topic.It is my personal opinion.

Yes, I think so, I think the reason, uh, is that there are still important and useful topics, and the discussion is good and useful so far, and it also contains some useful information, especially for new members.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, Crypto123 said:

These are some reasons I see why old topics are not locked after some time:

1. Some topics are still relevant even when old.
  2. It would be too much of a hassle for moderators to handpick topics that could be relevant after months, than those irrelevant after some time (i.e. topic related to Bitcoin Core vs topic asking for weekly price trend).
  3. If you go here in Crypto World, and sort posts by 'Start Date' (link), you could still see some spam topics, or plagiarized content topics around the forum. This implies that moderators are still having a hard time pinning down new users in the forum that turns out to just spam here, and thus closing old topics is another task at their hands.
Edited by PiroSense

21 hours ago, PiroSense said:

These are some reasons I see why old topics are not locked after some time:

1. Some topics are still relevant even when old.
  2. It would be too much of a hassle for moderators to handpick topics that could be relevant after months, than those irrelevant after some time (i.e. topic related to Bitcoin Core vs topic asking for weekly price trend).
  3. If you go here in Crypto World, and sort posts by 'Start Date' (link), you could still see some spam topics, or plagiarized content topics around the forum. This implies that moderators are still having a hard time pinning down new users in the forum that turns out to just spam here, and thus closing old topics is another task at their hands.

Your answer contains very good details, but for No. 3 I think this will help moderators reduce the number of spam on the forum because they find their opportunity to respond to old topics and find a very wide field. Thanks for your good reaction.

I think that posts are being useful for the members especially to the new members here to know that old topics what is the discussion that time, it will be helped to them to gain some knowledge and this is good for them.

Posting or answering every topics is where we get satoshis,that is why,topic should not be lock for the benefits of new members.

Moderators will not lock topics until they are fully discussed. If you feel that they are old topics and you don't want to reply to them,  fine,  it's okay but that will not make the topics to be locked,  The old topics might be very interesting and other members of the forum might be interested to give their opinion and comments so it might not be locked. 

I don't understand what you mean by not valid,  we are here to make a little income,  so I don't really care if am actually given an invalid topic to comment on,  so long am being paid.  That's my own opinion,  what do you think? 

Just now, Princess said:

I don't understand what you mean by not valid,  we are here to make a little income,  so I don't really care if am actually given an invalid topic to comment on,  so long am being paid.  That's my own opinion,  what do you think? 

My opinion is the opposite of your opinion !!! It is true that we are here to write and be paid, but that does not mean that we write any subject without value !!! If the writing is worthless, payment may stop at this forum. Who will pay us to write things without value. It is better to write well so that the forum continues to pay and we maintain this great opportunity and there may be more opportunities in the future. Do you understand me?

Topic has good respond and the people who write topic try to built good communication with all member. I also see old topic is something that people already know the answer, no more think just reply it. New topic meaning trouble because mostly need solution that not everyone has answer, the reply so quiet.

In fact you are right, there are some posts that should be created because new people take advantage of them to put random responses without meaning and this is wrong, but there are some posts that deserve to continue to receive responses.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:57 AM, Crypto123 said:

Maybe because the old topic has more challenges than some new thread that suggest how is the forum suppose to work. Bingo!

On 12/20/2019 at 12:41 AM, iloveyobit said:

In fact you are right, there are some posts that should be created because new people take advantage of them to put random responses without meaning and this is wrong, but there are some posts that deserve to continue to receive responses.

Yes, this is my goal precisely from this topic. They should keep the good topics that can be discussed for a long time and close the topics whose discussion has ended so that they will not allow Spam to exploit them.