Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term? - Page 14 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rakib7970

Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term?

1 hour ago, Dorjoy12 said:

@Whited35 short term trading is not risky if you do it in Some certain event...such as bitcoin bullrun, if you do trading for Short time when btc bullrun started then surely without any risk you can have good profit.. Again the event of Btc halving because as we know after halving the btc price increase like a myth too. So in my own idea if we trade our money in certain event for short term then we can have profit..                

@Dorjoy12 Yes my brother there are certain conditions may be favorable for us. I put my opinion to be applicable for all sort of traders. Experience traders can manage to perform trades no matter whatever situations really are. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Very good question, It is more risky to operate in the short term, because when operating you can have rapid movements and lose your capital in a matter of a short time. When you trade long term you have a broader vision of the market.

9 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

@Dorjoy12 Yes my brother there are certain conditions may be favorable for us. I put my opinion to be applicable for all sort of traders. Experience traders can manage to perform trades no matter whatever situations really are. 

@Whited35 expert is expert bro.. They have high imagination power About crypto market price Analysis by their experience and knowledge.. I think so that they can change any situation when they going to lose in  short term trading.. But who are noob in trading may feel many difficulties to fulfil  the     requirement that they need to earn profit..              

in my personal experience holding coin long term is to risky because i hold many crypto coin for long time but still i didnt get profit . so i decided trade for short time on yobit and you cant believe i earn daily great profit by short term trading on yobit site.

On 05.10.2020 at 11:24, Yomose said:

You are right, but you do not obey the rules, 100 characters for each posts or at least 80 characters. 

Short term traders are losing to swing traders while swing traders are gaining. Although both are risky but short term trading is the riskies 

@Yomose Short-term investments are more dangerous than long-term ones, but there are risks that no one is immune from. The poet in any case can not mortgage an apartment, car or grandmother's pension for this case.

Trading it self is pretty risky. If you 100% sure about some coin, you can try long term. But if you see the fast rising of the coin, short term trading is for you.

It all depends on the circumstances. Some coins are better for trading and some are better saved for the future. You need to study the history of the project to know whether the coin you want to buy will "take off" or not in the future. I have several different coins in storage, while others I trade.

I think that trading on short is more risky so it's better to invest in long because you can be sure that in a couple of years your coin will grow in price.

I would say that short term trading is a bit more risky as those tend to always be more based on impulse and not as thought through as the long term trades seem to be. I prefer to value my trading pair in question for several months before I do anything for example and then it is no longer a short term trade.

Neither long trading or short trading is risky, the risky part of trading is ignorance, there are lot of people who make wealth from long trading and there are also people who lose all of their money, so same as short trading. Whether it is risky or not depends on you.

Make your foundation strong, you will have a strong position in the market.

• +2 1

"We grow by lifting others"

In my opinion short term is more risky due to the change of the prices in the market ta this time you cannot guarantee any profit from short term. 

• +1 1

On 11/22/2019 at 8:06 PM, rakib7970 said:

I want to know that which one is more risky? Is it short term trading or Long term trading? I know trading is always risky but I want to get sure which one is more risky. It will be easier for me to take decision that how to invest and how much invest if I know that.

It's depends on the coins you invest in for example if you invest in Bitcoin short term is more risky but long absolutely not risky because bitcoin always go up and depends too from the price you join for example don't join coin or token on its ATH 

ATH= All time high 

I think long term is more risky than short term specifically in this days because people predict there is a second wave for corona (covid-19) virus in the future. 

Well, let's start with the fact that everyone has different concepts for me long-term and short-term trades. if you weigh short ones that last for one or two days, and long ones that last more than 1 week, then in my opinion long-term ones are much more risky

The risk is relative, since the risk is not in the long or short term, but the amount you trade and how much you are putting at risk, if we speak mentally or psychologically, buying to wait a long time makes that money stagnate and you get between anxiety, that the price goes up or in your case fear that the price goes down, in conclusion the risk is the same what makes the difference is the amount of money you are placing.

Short-term trading is more risky, as it is difficult to compensate for losses in case of losses.
In general, nothing is 100% guaranteed in the trading world
But trading based on study and analysis of all the data has a great impact on your success in trading and avoiding loss

10 hours ago, Michael0606 said:

The risk is relative, since the risk is not in the long or short term, but the amount you trade and how much you are putting at risk, if we speak mentally or psychologically, buying to wait a long time makes that money stagnate and you get between anxiety, that the price goes up or in your case fear that the price goes down, in conclusion the risk is the same what makes the difference is the amount of money you are placing.

@Michael0606 I agree. So you need to choose first the entry point: it should be minimal. Secondly, you should not depend on the amount you invest, it should be free money that you are ready to lose! Plus, there is a cryptocurrency that can be staked. For staking such a cryptocurrency, you get dividends in another cryptocurrency, this is a kind of investment in the Bank at interest:)

It is possible to say that short-term investment is more risky.

Because, as the stop distances change in the long-term and in the short-term, depending on the volatility,

23 hours ago, Anarchy09 said:

@Yomose Short-term investments are more dangerous than long-term ones, but there are risks that no one is immune from. The poet in any case can not mortgage an apartment, car or grandmother's pension for this case.

But, in another scenario, swing trading is another type of short time trade but can last from weeks to months (6 months maximum). But, long term trading starts from six months to years. So, day trading and any other shirt term trading like scalping is what I referred to. 

i think short period trade too much dangerous we should long period trade like some days or weeks is good with stop loss proper analysis is good for us.

Hello, this matter depends on the same person. Some people can be patient for a while and the other is completely opposite to that. Also, the currency project must be taken into consideration for me. I think that I am better in the long-term, more comfortable months, as you do not have to watch the chart or the market daily, it may fall and you do not know, so do not Your nerves get affected

I think long term is not risky at all because even if you are in loss, you can resell with profit if you have that patience, but short term whales can make you panic and lose most of your money so iam with long term

I really sort of like short term as an idea .. and it just seems like a fun to me

But despite of all that I understand it's super risky and I restraint myself and do long term 

Edited by fanofrobsten

In my opinion, operating or investing in the short term is much more risky than in the long term since you have to know a lot of technical analysis and operating in the long term you only need to know fundamental analysis and a little chartism. I like to operate more in the short term since the gains are faster, the only thing is that it is very difficult since you have to know how to use Price Action very well.