What is your biggest loss ever in a trade? - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kobi

What is your biggest loss ever in a trade?

Many won't believe when I say I have lost count  of how many times I lost 100% of my entire investment. it's true that if there is no risk the certainly isn't any reward but the higher the reward desired the higher the risk taken. Most times, we get entirely lost in the desire of making quick and huge profit forgetting the risk of losing a part of your funds if not all. I'll like to read the experiences of traders who have lost in trade, the percentage of loss, how the lost and why the lost, please share your experiences so we can learn from it.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

10 hours ago, kobi said:

Many won't believe when I say I have lost count  of how many times I lost 100% of my entire investment. it's true that if there is no risk the certainly isn't any reward but the higher the reward desired the higher the risk taken. Most times, we get entirely lost in the desire of making quick and huge profit forgetting the risk of losing a part of your funds if not all. I'll like to read the experiences of traders who have lost in trade, the percentage of loss, how the lost and why the lost, please share your experiences so we can learn from it.

Let me share to you my experience, I have the token in my wallet and this token was still locked up, even there is an exchange it is still useless because I can't able to trader it. I remember when it first got listed in the exchange the total profit that I supposed to have is 0.75btc til now the token was still lock and the price went down from 5k satoshi now it was 1100satoshi, and what was annoyed to me they're planning to have a swap which is really bullshit isn't?

1 hour ago, cryptokram said:

Let me share to you my experience, I have the token in my wallet and this token was still locked up, even there is an exchange it is still useless because I can't able to trader it. I remember when it first got listed in the exchange the total profit that I supposed to have is 0.75btc til now the token was still lock and the price went down from 5k satoshi now it was 1100satoshi, and what was annoyed to me they're planning to have a swap which is really bullshit isn't?

yes i think it's not cool, especially the fact that it it locked down. Be patient mate you may have a surprise because crypto is full of surprises.

Investing especially in cryptocurrency is very risky, I also have a bad experience when trading which causes almost 75% loss (if I'm not mistaken) You certainly still remember the Ignis airdrop held by jelurida right? (NXT) It's a pity but I made it as a lesson, Cheers!

• Useful or interesting 1

This can only happen if you take the wrong steps and you trade randomly and I think you did it so I lost everything

My loss was 5K because of Bitcoin.That time i felt like my hear beat will be stop but my friends gave me courage and after that i recovered it by my alt coins and  become vigilant afterward.Not to put all bets on on one thing that makes you loss all of your amount.So i do not place my hopes now on one thing.

• Useful or interesting 1

I have lost about 20% of my initial investment into cryptocurrency investing in a altcoin that I thought will do really well but in the end the coin didn't perform as expected and I lost all of the money I invested in it.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, dhemasm said:

Investing especially in cryptocurrency is very risky, I also have a bad experience when trading which causes almost 75% loss (if I'm not mistaken) You certainly still remember the Ignis airdrop held by jelurida right? (NXT) It's a pity but I made it as a lesson, Cheers!

Sorry for your loss.But never invest in ico of any coins.Do good home work before joining any ico .In my suugestion leave icos and invest in top 100 coins who are legit and  their is no chance of loss in them .You can trade or hold on them and make good profit out of it.

My biggest lost on the crypto market was buying ink at a very high price now I am left holding worthless coins that I can't sell or do anything with.

Shorting the pump from 6k, i believed that was strong resistance, it was the floor from previous year,(no way in breaks in first try, and it did) and i got rekt hard when price reached 7400, didnt have stop loss either, but after that i stopped shorting and just went long on dips and made back my losses..

5 hours ago, Caporetto said:

Shorting the pump from 6k, i believed that was strong resistance, it was the floor from previous year,(no way in breaks in first try, and it did) and i got rekt hard when price reached 7400, didnt have stop loss either, but after that i stopped shorting and just went long on dips and made back my losses..

That was a smart one, someone advised me never to short btc but yet it seems I have more bear instinct than a bull, your strategy is cool and I admire your patience.

After one of my tokens got listed in an exchange, I was happy to see each was worth 27 cents and I was planning on sell off a bit and holding the rest but within 5 hours of the release the price plummeted to 10 cent. In anger I wanted to be done with it, but they threw in kyc and before that was settled, the price came down to 1 cent. It is presently $0.001 and I had to abandon it till now.

My biggest lost in a trade in terms of money will be me losing 500usd investing in a coin that had no value, for a short time it look like a good invest without doing any research I invested my money just to see it all go to waste.

16 hours ago, bean said:

My biggest lost in a trade in terms of money will be me losing 500usd investing in a coin that had no value, for a short time it look like a good invest without doing any research I invested my money just to see it all go to waste.

Sorry about your loss, the mistake I observed that you made her is the fact that you conducted no research about the coin before jumping in with your money. lesson learned.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, kobi said:

Sorry about your loss, the mistake I observed that you made her is the fact that you conducted no research about the coin before jumping in with your money. lesson learned.

Yeah some time on the market prices start to move, you will not be having sufficient to vet a coin, you just have to go with your guts and your guts can be wrong sometimes but it didn't cripple in anyway I am still trading good and making profits.

On 11/4/2019 at 1:59 AM, bean said:

so that is why the senior traders are telling us that without any knowledge we need to not inter in crypto market but you need to not worry about your mistake because through mistake we can gain more experience.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:59 PM, Mabdulkadir said:

Actual I experience same problem too I saw many coins dumping mostly those from Airdrops and bounties

Is bad but it's a small percentage if you are to consider to those that have loses 50% of their funds

Yeah it was really bad on me but it was not a huge percentage of my investment so our able to work my way back, I have gotten the money I lost and even double my initial investment into cryptocurrency.

The biggest loss, when I bought bitcoin at $ 15000, after a few months the price continued to fall even at $ 5,000, because I was scared and panicked at the free market price, I sold at a very cheap price, and I lost an investment of around 70%

16 hours ago, Zentoly said:

so that is why the senior traders are telling us that without any knowledge we need to not inter in crypto market but you need to not worry about your mistake because through mistake we can gain more experience.

Without knowledge about the crypto world you should go and get some before trying to trade or hold any cryptocurrency, entering in with out any knowledge is risky for you.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:01 AM, nenni said:

The biggest loss, when I bought bitcoin at $ 15000, after a few months the price continued to fall even at $ 5,000, because I was scared and panicked at the free market price, I sold at a very cheap price, and I lost an investment of around 70%

Wow! that's such a huge loss, exactly how did you feel about this when it happened, did it change your perspective about crypto investments, and what was the feeling when the price recovery began?

29 minutes ago, kobi said:

Wow! that's such a huge loss, exactly how did you feel about this when it happened, did it change your perspective about crypto investments, and what was the feeling when the price recovery began?

That's right, it must be sad, but it can't be helped, everything has happened, that incident didn't change my perspective on investing in crypto, because some friends who had already traded from me they also often suffered huge losses, so that's what  keep me enthusiastic about investing in crypto

the biggest lost happen with me in bitmax with 50x leverage. and loosed about 200 usd in a trade that order was hit my stop loss.

26 minutes ago, giash crypto said:

the biggest lost happen with me in bitmax with 50x leverage. and loosed about 200 usd in a trade that order was hit my stop loss.

50* leverage is quite a high leverage to use, on what condition were you moved to do this? For me I think I can only use a leverage that high only when I'm staking just 2% of my margin balance.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:25 AM, idrissultana said:

I feel you bro, it happened to me with some shitcoin, it was not an actual tarde i invested many US dollar in some IOC that was said it was gonna be sold at a very big price to i gave up.

Actually you have to hold on for the benefits you have made so far because when you invest you will definitely get more income provided you know the market price is rising or falling.
I am sure you will be able to go through all this with a cautious attitude to your investment.