Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets? - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't know

In both cases there is a risk. the exchange may burn out. and the wallet password may be stolen. but in fiat money you can lose a credit card and the bank will burn out too. There is no risk with money, only when there is no money.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

i dont keep my money in online wallets , if they get hacked the wallet wont give you back anything , i keep them in the exchanges because im a trader not a holder .

• +3 1

It is safe to keep coins in exchange or online wallets as long as exchange is reputable and trusted like binance (few months  ago it got hacked, but users did not lost their coins) and online wallets as long as they are official online wallet (i do not know if bitcoin has official online wallet but some  alt coins has them ). But, it will always be more safer to keep coins in your personal wallet. I never recommend storing coins in exchange or online wallet as there is always a risk which you can avoid easily by having it on your personal wallet.

• +2 1

I have hold all Btc and Altcoin on exchanges and wallets online. I knew the risk could come at any time so I didn't hold it all on one wallet. For a trader, it's better for them to hold Btc on exchanges, which is convenient for trading.

• +1 1

Crypto Education lesson:

If you are keeping Bitcoin on Exchanges then you don't have any Bitcoin.

It is not your BTC, and you don't have private keys.

as long as I'm trading with the coins I keep them in the exchanges wallets but whenever I decide to hold for a long time I move them to my hardware wallet

2 hours ago, setifien said:

Only fools Keep their coins (btc/altcoins) on exchanges due to the high risk of loosing everything in a wink time

image.png.22e82db0284fae0b0dcdb9e23f4c8ead.png

I totally agree with you.... and looks like most of the people are keeping them on exchanges....

No mater if they trade with peanuts or not, it is stupid thing to do.

6 hours ago, iloveyobit said:

i dont keep my money in online wallets , if they get hacked the wallet wont give you back anything , i keep them in the exchanges because im a trader not a holder .

Yes, but traders can also hold purchased coins when they trade on a long-term basis.
Maybe you only trade on a short-term basis?

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

2 minutes ago, MyThoughts said:

Yes, but traders can also hold purchased coins when they trade on a long-term basis.
Maybe you only trade on a short-term basis?

yes exatcly , i know that the holding is more proftable then the short term trading , but i prefer day trading becuase i want to feal and play with the market and volume

3 minutes ago, iloveyobit said:

yes exatcly , i know that the holding is more proftable then the short term trading , but i prefer day trading becuase i want to feal and play with the market and volume

This is undeniably a great choice, but of course we all must understand that this is the choice of each trader personally.

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

6 minutes ago, MyThoughts said:

This is undeniably a great choice, but of course we all must understand that this is the choice of each trader personally.

yes that correct , in  the end its your own money ,your choice and your strategie so you have to chose wisly how you will react in the right moment 

7 hours ago, andrehol said:

In both cases there is a risk. the exchange may burn out. and the wallet password may be stolen. but in fiat money you can lose a credit card and the bank will burn out too. There is no risk with money, only when there is no money.

The risk will always exist, there is no doubt about it, it depends on each person where you can store your bitcoins, it is not relevant, everyone has a safe method.

18 minutes ago, Thefighter said:

But what happens if the exchange gets hacked and all your funds disappear from the wallet on your exchange platform? Isn't it better to just keep your bitcoin in your own wallet? b+Because the changes of it getting hacked are lower

They will lose all their coins...and they all deserve to lose them all... 
They lost them the moment when they send it to exchnage.

Not holding keys. Not holding Bitcoin

Edited by hexwin
  • +1 1

It's a stupid decision to put your coins on exchange or any other online wallet, you know one of the main feature of bitcoin is to leverage the 3rd party dependence. Moreover, you are not the owner as long as you don't have private key.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:53 AM, hexwin said:

Simple question and VOTE ☝️:

Do you keep your Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets and where?

Do you think it is safe or not?

Yes, i do, i keep my BTC in YOBIT, so i can always get profits from the ICO, that this platform gives all the time, also believe me if i told you that i feel comfortable to leave my bitcoin in YOBIT than hold it in desktop wallet, i'm not good with code, so i'm afraid to forget the 12 memes to get back my wallet if i lose it, best thing to do is to find a very good and honest platform to keep your CryptoCurrency, and i will suggest for you YOBIT.

The best choice for storing bitcoin or altcoin is in the wallet that we keep the private key. Storing coins in an exchanger wallet is very risky but if we are the type of trader, then I think it's better to use 2FA for the security of our account

• +1 1

6 hours ago, Smartxh said:

None of them for now, if the online wallet can provide me with a private key in which they have no record of the private key I might likely keep some of my money there

Private keys is exposed to internet for all online wallets so you can never be sure for that wallet.
I have seen cases of people being hacked and their account hijacked.

11 hours ago, MyThoughts said:

Exactly, I think when we discuss here most are basically trying to sample other peoples opinion on some issues because people might give you advice and you end up doing yours. I believe if is everyone's decision on how you hodl your cryptos wether on exchange or other type of wallets.

• +1 1

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

In this matter, I still do not understand how best to store my bitcoins. At the moment, all my savings are stored on crypto online wallets. Been thinking you need to start a cold wallet.

• +1 1

Not on exchanges but on online wallets, I keep some of my funds as it's somewhat more safer than exchanges and to maintain the liquidity we have to keep some funds online.

9 minutes ago, tisuacon said:

Оnlinе wallet whiсh arе deрendable likе blосkchain аnd сoinbаsе is suрerbly fine. You'll bе аble indееd select elеctrum, wаllet but it's not frее from hаck.

No they are not 'fine' ...and Coinbase is EXCHANGE
If you send Bitcoin to Coinbase you don't have Bitcoin, and it is not your Bitcoin anymore.

• +1 1

I think the owners of many bitcoins have their cold wallets, and they only take out the money or bitcoins when they make their movements.

Edited by Bills

yes, i used online wallet to keep my coins, it's easy to use. i don't want to save my coins in exchangers wallet. cause exchanger wallet always do some update/maintenance that make your balance gone.