Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used? - Page 8 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used?

Well,  if not for this posts,  I really don't know anything about the dislike button before,  I only know of the positive and negative ratings, but still yet,  I don't like the idea of using that dislike button, I would rather skip the topic and go to another one. 

Giving a positive evaluation is a relative thing between people, it is possible that I benefited from this comment and liked it, while for you it is an old information that you have read before. Therefore, you cannot determine As for negative evaluation, it is often presented when we encounter a comment that carries false or misleading information or that it violates one of the rules of the forum or offends others and this can be agreed upon by everyone.

Yes, there is like button and also there is a spam option, but there is also a special option bad we can report others, I actually never give bad reaction to any topic rather, I used to report the spammers. 

• +3 1

We must be careful when using the Do Not Like button, especially with beginners, and do not use it when someone disagrees with us. Let us be nice and cooperative, the use of the do not like button is when words are offensive or the posts violate the general rules of the forum.

I've never used the report button for reporting anyone. Because I just joined this site a few weeks ago and didn't seen anything wrong or offensive. But if I saw anything like that then I will surely report that post. 

On 5/24/2020 at 4:24 PM, rekter said:

I myself haven't seen an official consensus on how exactly how people should use these.

image.png.e172828dc34d1f6a175913f7ec9eb49c.png

It's pretty easy to justify the use of likes, everyone seems to like them and people are giving them away like a candy, and no one bats an eye if it's given for a good reason or not. Does that devalue them? I think so, as if they had value in the first place because they are just magic internet points that don't matter. Not yet anyway. 

Dislikes:

image.png.eb3f159e733a53bd0b33c6db711722db.png

And then there are dislikes. These act as an anti-reputation. And almost no one doesn't seem to give one for a bad post. Why is that? Is it because it's hard for us to suddenly know what determines a bad post, even though we know how to give likes to good posts? So my question is, what are they for? Punishing people for bad quality? It works only we want more quality as a group and dislike everything that doesn't contribute to forum. And people get angry if you give them. Why does giving them suddenly matter more then giving likes? We don't have to justify giving likes, so why do we need to justify dislikes?

Picture itself says that it can be given for a spam, but there's already report spam button so i am not sure why should be use dislikes instead of this?

image.png.086d0a8638fe8393d57c810f21700eb9.png

Well, choosing the reactions whether positive or negative, it all depends upon the individual and his preferences to choosing the right topic of his/her interest. For example, if a topic has some basic information, and often repeating and similar to the existing discussions, it may be unuseful, and it is subjected to getting negative reaction points. However, the other person may find the content useful and he/she may endorse the post/publications with positive reputation points.

• Useful or interesting 1

Excellent question friend, but in my opinion those contributions that are irrelevant to the subject, that seek to do SPAM, or that seek to gain referrals where they should not be earned, would apply to use that button. In addition, there are situations of reproach with verbal aggressions, these types of situations must also activate that button.

In the case of this forume my friend givving dislikes can harm other members i do not like to use it but only if the other member is giving false opinion or informations that can harm the other members 

The presence of the report button does not mean that there is no other way to report spam, and you can also award bad reputation points to any post with grammatical, duplicate or copied errors, after allowing a certain number of reputation points to be granted today, their use has become more cautious than before

• +2 1

For me everyone has the right to value the things they do not like, but if this will bring problems in the forum it is better to ignore and leave behind what you saw. If you see that it is something offensive tell a moderator and he will take care of the situation, but if by giving negative valuation to a comment will bring many problems in the future it is better to let it pass over the high that is upsetting us. 

• Useful or interesting 1

no there is not but in my opinion when you give a negative react it would be nice to mention the person and telling them why you react negative and what is your point of view 

We have to avoid giving negative reactions randomly, or just for the sake of difference in viewpoints. Rather, we have to give them only to the contradictory topics and posts, to help the moderators find them, delete them, and block their owners.

This really gives a good idea on what the dislike button should be but I think disliking a posts just depends on you. Some people might find a particular posts very useful while others will not but if you Knw a posts atleast makes sense then I think it should be given a like

Actually, I think this bad reputation was only given to topics or comments that are not relevant to subject of the forum.And if you make any useless post then you will received the dislike button. Likes given to each posts should be purely based on the content of the post and not on any other personal reasons. 

• +2 1

Interesting comments must be valued because that encourages the person to continue creating meaningful content, they will surely appreciate it. That is why the importance that each one strives to contribute in this forum, topics that help and that is very useful, so that you will not suffer the consequences of receiving a bad reputation or having your publications eliminated.

Personally I think that we should use the ratings based on the content of the publication if the publication contains useful content and adds value we should give it a positive reputation but if it is the opposite the publication does not have a relevant content and it is a bad publication we should react negatively because we must be objective, it is not about giving good reputations to everything.

• +1 1

I think it expresses the member’s interest in the post or that this post is useful to others, and you can consider it in the middle, which expresses that the post is good, and I don’t know here what the difference will be between it and +1.

I think that you should not give my liking to posts randomly, the post that you find useful and does not violate the rules, you can like it or give it a good reputation.

• +2 1

I think we use this feature at that time when we are finding any member to creating spam content or copying to other and also at that situation when they Create useless and meaningless content which is not beneficial for this platform amd for athe members of this forum. 

Giving the reputation is determined by more than one thing. First, the quality of the topic determines the reputation that must be granted. When we see the topic is valuable and contains useful information, we put a positive evaluation, and if it contains wrong information, it must be given a negative evaluation. It is also the way to publish the topic in terms of the number of letters, language and writing as well. To be taken into account when establishing a reputation.

• +1 1

When giving a good reputation or a bad reputation, we must be more precise about this topic because it is a very sensitive topic, because when the post is in violation of the rules, you should not hesitate to give it a bad evaluation.

• +1 1

There is no need to give a bad reputation before the complete picture is lost and even after understanding it, because we do not have to take the topics personally and all constructive ideas must be supported and bypassed the unhelpful ones without harming the owner.

I think that you have to be very careful about pressing the dislike button, perhaps we can use it when the information on the subject is completely false and not click the button when the information is true and you do it because you do not share their opinion.
Let's be objective when using that button.

In fact, I rarely use interaction with a heart. Either I interact positively in order to benefit the member financially, or if his comment is not helpful, then give him a negative evaluation so that he learns from his mistakes.

You use it when the post is not relevant to the topic, or the person is using harsh and degrading words to insult the other members in this forum. 

• +1 1