Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone? - Page 7 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Elton23

Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone?

Actually a Google 2fa isn't really that stagnant, it's always changing nearly every 40 seconds as somebody was like that will need to write the 2fa seed somewhere.. the most important is to have the device same from any potential invader 

On 10/17/2019 at 8:26 AM, Elton23 said:

I have just purchased a new mobile phone. 

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

I am trying to figure out how to switch from my old phone to the new one. 

Has anyone experience of doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Before enabling 2Fa for any site its very important to save that link adreesd or phrase that is given to your account and provided to the  authentication app so that it starts to generate login codes,its also the one used to restore your login codes to your account to a newly downloaded 2fa app in case you change a phone.

5 hours ago, JoyceKumar said:

Install Google Authentication in new mobile and turn on 2FA but now don't forget to save a short screen of your 2FA lock. This is the easiest style to make and you solve this problem for the secret 2FA codes that you joined on the old phone.

We can do it like this with the new phone yes agree with that but we should tourne off the old 2fa and for that we need the authentification code for that i think 

Two-step authentication (two-step authentication) is easy to integrate with YoBit using SAASPASSAuthenticator (works with Google services such as gmail, dropbox, etc.) With time-based one-time password (TOTP) capabilities.)

You don't have problem with that, if you have the key for the authenticator, then you just need to download and add back the keys and if you lost it, then you need to deactivate and reactivate the 2fa authenticator

Yes, this is easy to do , you just need to disable 2fa from your old phone and just re-link the new phone on your exchange account.

The command is simple, delete or stop 2fa on your yobit account, then re-enable it using your new phone. The command is simple and easy.

Life is great and enjoy it

First, you need to disable the old google 2fa in your exchange account settings, using the codes that you have appear on your old phone, and then just enable it to your new phone.

2FA security is very good for our wallets and other things too, but the only problem with 2FA its when you will lost or exchange your phone. I use 2FA for email but not for mobile when login to my yobit account. 

Time is the ultimate weapon!

You can actually turn off your 2fa authentication using the old phone. And then you can enable it after logging in by the new phone. This will actually help you to do the work better. But you can also use an authenticator to save the manual key of 2fa. In case of emergency that will be helpful for you. Because if the phone gets lost or stolen then that's the best option. 

I don't know how precisely you have, so I went to the settings and untied my first computer when I updated my account on the 2fa exchange. Can't say exactly why you can't, perhaps something has changed, but it was simple.

It is good to write down the code seen on the 2 fa and a QR code too, these are the back up, even if you do not disable the code on the old device because of theft, you can still even recover back your yobit account. And if the device not stolen, I is just to doable it from the old device and enable it on the new device. 

On 2/24/2020 at 4:51 AM, Kesho said:

It is very god. Why to start work if you afried from losing your money just be in the safe side that is will be very good for your sucure 

I agree with you these days many website available by using them you can earn good money most of the people are unaware about those websites because they can't think that they can make good money but we can earn money and we can also invest that money 

the 2fa app is the best security app all the time i use it on my many wallet app then why i ask that its very good to get that in it

Usually every exchange has several conditions in order to reset / remove 2FA. And that can be obtained directly from support in each exchange, so what you have to do so that you can get 2FA again on a new cell phone.

You can actually turn off your 2Fa authentication using the old phone.  And then you can enable it after logging in to the new phone.  It will actually help you do better.  But you can also use an authentication to save 2fa's manual keys.  This will be helpful for you in case of emergency.

8 minutes ago, Shakill33 said:

You can actually turn off your 2Fa authentication using the old phone.  And then you can enable it after logging in to the new phone.  It will actually help you do better.  But you can also use an authentication to save 2fa's manual keys.  This will be helpful for you in case of emergency.

Yes, this is the best way to transfer dual protection from the old phone to the new phone, unfortunately there is no way like exporting or importing codes. This method was much better and I was looking for a similar method but I did not find it.

468x60-13.gif.6e85d10c08d3a9901cfcededc1ab588b.gif