How to protect your computer from hidden mining - Page 6 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Jone20

How to protect your computer from hidden mining

yes this even happened once with me before i, my pc was running so slow when running programs and thing was unusual since it never happened with me before , when i searched about the problem and knew it was mining , i released that this was because the program i downloaded from unknown site and i never opened such type of websites again , my advise is simple , just open the official sites whenever you want to download anything , and this way your computer will be always safe

• +1 1

There are many applications for monitoring the performance of the computer and its work and what are the things that consume its capabilities and through it we can see the consumption of RAM and this consumption if it is over the limit and appears to be a logical reason, in addition to avoiding entering or working in unknown locations or starting consumption when we enter it.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

You can use adblock and antivirus. Also you don't have to download any random software from anywhere else than the official website of the software. Avoiding these will help you. You can recognize a secret miner if your cpu is running very high for no reason.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Thanks, I will start looking for these browser add-ons that maybe will help us avoid from these hidden mining software. This can happen to everyone and not only people that care about crypto, so everyone must know how to use the internet correctly and avoid unnecessary websites that can infect us with malware and crypto jacking software.

• +1 2

To protect your computer from hidden mining, I think first you need a good antivirus. You also need to carefully follow the links and, preferably, do not download anything from official sites, this is quite enough to protect yourself.

• +3 1

Very important information, now I have doubts if my computer is safe, I will investigate more in this matter, to protect myself from hidden mining, I was already a little scared, because I had no idea that this existed.

• +2 1

I think that by using antivirus, ad blockers and those things we can give an optimal use to our pc. And to find out if it's being mined in hidden mode, you have to check the memory of the cell phone and its performance in the RAM to see if there are any irregular activities. 

• +1 1

I usually use a google chrome extension called miner block. It is very effective, you install it and forget it, it blocks any website that is mining with your PC.

• +4 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:57 PM, Jone20 said:

Crypto Jacking has become one of the biggest Internet threats, but most people don't even know what or what to do to protect devices from it.
It is simply the use of other people's computers in mining cryptocurrencies, and hackers do this by sending malicious links to users and when it opens it the mining codes are loaded onto the computer.

How do you know if a site is using your machine in hidden mining?
Once you notice a slow performance in your computer with a high temperature during access to a site, you must suspect this site and start scanning your device.

How to protect your machine from being used in hidden mining operations?
There are a number of measures we can take to protect our devices from cryptocurrency mining the fastest is Relying on Internet browser add-ons that detect the presence of cryptocurrency mining software code, and then prohibit their use of the computer while visiting any website on the browser.

There's an extension in chrome can help you to protect your computer from crypto jacking and there a professional browsers can protect you from hackers.

• +3 1

Some websites have embeded mining of monero as the piratebay but they explain it to their customers and using adblocks most browser hidden miners disappear. There are software too that we download that are infected with miners and these are harder to remove. Better don't downolad applications from outside source.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Opera browser and microsoft edge browser aren't mining, but I heard that google chrome is mining but there are some extensions can solve the problem. 

• +3 1

Crypto Jacking has recently become very popular, especially for those who deal with bitcoin faucet sites, as it is full of malware and hidden mining programs, so it is better to stay away from it and update the security system constantly.

• +2 1

Thanks for letting us know about this useful information .

I think downloading moded and non verified apps on software are the main reason behind crypto jacking.

So just avoid using moded apps from unverified source to be safe from this..Similarly most of the faucet websites also do this type of stuffs to mine cryptocurrency.so try to avoid them.

Similarly avoiding to download files from torrent may also help you because torrent are the main sources for virus. Because people those upload stuffs in torrent need to make money so they may use this type of tricl so that they can use your device for mining and making money.

On 10/2/2020 at 12:54 PM, uzi999 said:

To protect your computer from hidden mining, I think first you need a good antivirus. You also need to carefully follow the links and, preferably, do not download anything from official sites, this is quite enough to protect yourself.

There are some websites that set up "hiden" mining tool in their script whthout being catched by anti-virus softwares 

There are some browser extensiona created to block this kind of mining. It can help to increase our security and reduce the problems of these hidden miners that make our computers run very high in cpu.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I don't use the computer I only use the smartphone and I there is that jacking so you all should prevent your computer from jacking.

Thank you for your kind information. Actually hidden mining is create restriction on our computer. It’s can create great problem for our daily work. If we want to find out the hidden mining programme, we need to follow the hidden working process like mining

On 3/26/2020 at 7:22 AM, bliznec said:

I advise you to ensure that your computer does not work in difficult conditions. You just need to open the task manager and see for yourself if there is any strain on the hard drives. If the CPU rolls over, then you need to clean up unnecessary programs. I advise you to use an antivirus.

Exactly dear friend and I, at the same cost, I answer the same opening the task manager and check the use of the cpu and if you see that it has a high consumption in ending the task of the program that is causing such a high consumption of cpu
Big winnings and luck to everyone and a big hello to the whole community

I have used some websites sometimes where crypto jacking was taking place and it made my pc run very fast and cpu at 100%. I have an old pc so this is easy to happen but only when stretched a lot and not on browsing. I used adblocks since then and they stop this crypto jacking code.

• +1 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:57 PM, Jone20 said:

There are a number of measures we can take to protect our devices from cryptocurrency mining the fastest is Relying on Internet browser add-ons that detect the presence of cryptocurrency mining software code, and then prohibit their use of the computer while visiting any website on the browser.

I am found the crypto jackin early as I was read about the threats before crypto, it is something that can affect everyone even people that are not inside the crypto and do not care a lot. I am thanks for the ways you are gave about the protect ourselves.

• +3 1

On 3/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, Jone20 said:

Crypto Jacking has become one of the biggest Internet threats, but most people don't even know what or what to do to protect devices from it.
It is simply the use of other people's computers in mining cryptocurrencies, and hackers do this by sending malicious links to users and when it opens it the mining codes are loaded onto the computer.

How do you know if a site is using your machine in hidden mining?
Once you notice a slow performance in your computer with a high temperature during access to a site, you must suspect this site and start scanning your device.

Thank you so much for this kind information and it is really very helpful for me  but till now i never face this problem but my brother I doing work on computer and he is very conscious abut this and he secure his computer that no one can login it or it can't be hacked he done all things I his computer and i am also conscious about security and i also dome all steps to secure my computer.

Thank you my friend for sharing this wonderful information am sure almost all the forum members are going to benefit from this because it is really useful to all of us follow this rules so that you will not be scammed 

For me I have placed two add blockers at browser with antivirus in Computer. Because it's not gonna cost more then mining hack. If we cannot do this our computer will be hijack and the hardware of computer Will be damage. Their for always visit official sites and avoid new sites who are using mining Jack on your computer. Also avoid saving password in browser because when your computer  will be hacked your all accounts also compromised. Make sure the website doesn't using computer life by installing the application of hardware who monitor your hardware usage 

The protection is recommended as many website may not only just have crypto jacking but can also try to plant malware in browsers those that steal the clipboard information and pass it to scammers servers, although most of the crypto jacking infested websites are easily blocked with a good ad block addon.

Crypto jacking is a big problem because it can damage our hardware as it uses our cpu and makes it run in full capacity something that reduces the life cycle and can even destroy our computer and make us lose time and money to replace the damaged components. The use of anti crypto mining browser extensions helps us avoid the hidden mining performed in some websites.