[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam - Page 7 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam

Usually one can see the return senders address, that is how I know something is not from an actual real site. The fake ones have bizarre addresses with a bunch of letters & numbers.

Thanks for the pots, it's great when I see something like that because very few people care about alerting others to a scam. I think that basically what should be done is not to respond to any proposal or offer that is unknown to the source.

No matter what, protect your accounts by using multi-factor authentication. Many spam filters can be enabled to recognize and prevent emails from suspicious sources.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:21 PM, hexwin said:

I am using one great alternative for Gmail and it is called Tutanova email.

Today I received one email in my Tutanova account, with this content, asking me to 'update'

s.138.jpg

First thing you should do when you receive email from anyone is DOUBLE CHECK his email address and not just his name.

Here we can see that name is fake Tutanova Team, and real email address is rhody.ezekiel....

That is first Red Flag.

You should never click any links i your email (example is Resolve Issue Now) and never download any attachments

When I hover over that blue field, it can show me short link scammer is using /they often use this tactics to steal your data and crypto)

You should NEVER visit this links.

s.139.jpg

This is where links is directing next

s.140c.jpg

s.140.jpg

FAKE Tutanova website, asking you to enter your details, email and passoword.

Always double check Address bar, and you can see some random web address.

NEVER enter any details.

They are using same tactics for Gmail, and all crypto Phishing websites, like fake Ethereum and other coins Airdrops.

If you learned this now, you can apply to any similar situation in future.

Stay Safe,

HEX

Thank you very much for such a discovery, but I have already learned to subconsciously determine what will be written there by the title and mail)

Yes, it is a sensitive topic. Even the big companies have been hacked with these tricks, such as apple, Twitter, and others. So please be careful

On 8/10/2019 at 15:21, hexwin said:

Estoy usando una gran alternativa para Gmail y se llama correo electrónico Tutanova.

Hoy recibí un correo electrónico en mi cuenta de Tutanova, con este contenido, pidiéndome que 'actualice'

s.138.jpg

Lo primero que debe hacer cuando recibe un correo electrónico de alguien es VERIFICAR DOBLE su dirección de correo electrónico y no solo su nombre.

Aquí podemos ver que el nombre es falso Tutanova Team, y la dirección de correo electrónico real es rhody.ezekiel ...

Esa es la primera Bandera Roja.

Nunca debe hacer clic en ningún enlace de su correo electrónico (por ejemplo, Resolver problema ahora) y nunca descargar ningún archivo adjunto

Cuando coloco el cursor sobre ese campo azul, puede mostrarme que el estafador de enlaces cortos está usando / a menudo usan esta táctica para robar sus datos y criptografía)

NUNCA debe visitar estos enlaces.

s.139.jpg

Aquí es donde los enlaces se dirigen a continuación

s.140c.jpg

s.140.jpg

FALSO sitio web de Tutanova, pidiéndole que ingrese sus datos, correo electrónico y contraseña.

Siempre verifique dos veces la barra de direcciones y podrá ver alguna dirección web aleatoria.

NUNCA ingrese ningún dato.

Están usando las mismas tácticas para Gmail y todos los sitios web de phishing criptográfico, como Ethereum falso y otras monedas Airdrops.

Si aprendió esto ahora, puede aplicar a cualquier situación similar en el futuro.

Mantenerse a salvo,

MALEFICIO

Thank you very much for this important information. This is one of the ways that scammers try to steal users' identities. That is why I have always recommended looking for information on the official website. It does not hurt that we can see if it really is the domain of the web and check if it really does this type of procedure. The truth is that phishing is very dangerous for people who start in this world of cryptocurrencies.

Every day I receive at least 100 of the messages you were talking about. It became annoying for me as the phone was ringing all day long and they all wanted to steal my money

There is also a method to send email from any adress you want, in all new mail-providers it says, that adress seems to be insecure. So be carefull about it. 

the easiest and most effective way to protect yourself from phishing is not to follow dubious links, pay attention to the sender's address, and if in doubt, do not download or open any attached files

I think that it is bad, becase it is not verificated. Adn this can be scam. I will try it and i will send you some reputation if it will be good service, so i think also. Thank you for the post like this, i will try it.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:05 PM, Musta900 said:

Yes, it is a sensitive topic. Even the big companies have been hacked with these tricks, such as apple, Twitter, and others. So please be careful

Yes, you have to be very careful, this way I have already been cheated, which is why I am much more careful and I don't click on unfamiliar links.

• +3 1

Very informative and very completeyou must always be careful with the links they leave, they are mostly infected with viruses and better send that to the spam folder.

This is a huge help for us to protect ourselves from the scammers.  I have learnt very important lessons from this tutorial. There are figures to make it clear.  I like it and want to thank again for your effort. 

It is something very common lately, we must be especially careful with the links that we receive to our emails, they must always corroborate the senders.

The email.. content must really look strange to you.  Well, you will be urgently required to make a bank transfer of a certain amount of money to your presumed company account in order to pay for a relative's surgery expenses.  Remember, this is just an example and the situation can be of any kind.  However, even those cases that may seem the most outlandish are the credit from the victims.  Hence, they end up being subject to the .supposed expedited transfer request.  Hence, without big rolls, simple email is capable of taking money from hundreds or thousands of people!!

thank you very helpful, lots of pishing emails nowadays, sometimes they ask for private key and other account data, they are very experienced, many beginners are fooled by it..

A useful article, just recently I myself almost fell for such a trick of scammers. A letter came from the "court" and asked to log in to get acquainted with the document, although I was authorized in the mail. Be vigilant when unknown messages arrive.

• +1 1

Thank you very much for your vital information.avoild phishing scam is totally depends on you how you take step to safe your account.some hakers are trying to hack your account but you have aware about it.

Thank you very much. They are really good and useful suggestions, and I will apply them all

On 10/9/2020 at 7:13 PM, bahritituo said:

The email.. content must really look strange to you.  Well, you will be urgently required to make a bank transfer of a certain amount of money to your presumed company account in order to pay for a relative's surgery expenses.  Remember, this is just an example and the situation can be of any kind.  However, even those cases that may seem the most outlandish are the credit from the victims.  Hence, they end up being subject to the .supposed expedited transfer request.  Hence, without big rolls, simple email is capable of taking money from hundreds or thousands of people!!

I think sometimes they look like true trust messages and it's hard to recognize that it's a scam. As the author of the topic recommends, I think it's worth checking the sender's email address because often scammers pretend to be trusted sites.

• Useful or interesting 1