Is mining bitcoins not a waste of energy? - Page 2 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
starwill

Is mining bitcoins not a waste of energy?

if you have a low budget hardware mining, of course it will waste your energy and your time. you can't compete with some bitcoin companies. bitcoin difficulty is very high nowadays. you won't get any profits from mining it. it will be better if you mine the other coins.

Edited by I-KUN
  • +3 1

Mining isn't a waste of time because you're supposed to invest your earnings, so they can gain compound interest. It doesn't matter how small the amount is, just put it away for a rainy day. People think that you're going to be rich overnight with Bitcoin, and this couldn't be further from the truth. It is a slow grind to success and mining is just half of the battle. Most of these threads talk down on mining, but mining really put Bitcoin on the map. 

No, this is not empty, because you take alternative sources of energy, and they will bring you profit from mining bitcoins. Many use the pure energy that nature gives us - this is solar, wind energy. 

1 hour ago, MarkyMarkus said:

Mining is not a waste because you are earning money in just opening your computer, and also it helps a lot for your daily living than doing nothing; it is useful as a source of income too.

But it needs the high amount of money for purchasing the mining setup and in some countries the cost of electricity is very expensively that is why many miners can not afford it.

Yes it's a total waste of energy. But it's the only way you can get people to give it some value. It's worth however much electricity it costs to mine. But of course they change the difficulty to match the price so it always costs the same to mine. It's totally pointless really. But was designed by the old cypher punks so what can we expect. It all could just shut down itself the moment the last peice of the puzzle is sold. Could all be a trick. 

Yes it isn't there are many energy sources like solar air etc.you can make your energy worth it if you do it this way.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:54 AM, Stoffy said:

I depends. I have a couple of low-power mining programs running on my computer where I earn around 1000-1500 sats. a day. One of them have a referral program so the amount of crypto mined will increase over time 🙂

So you earn below 2000 Sathoshi's per day for mining, but how much do you make money from this Crypto talk forums for posting here?

Mining bitcoins use too much energy but i think it is not a waste at all, you do it for something worth it although you will use too much electricity.

• +1 1

On 05.11.2019 at 12:17 AM, Migo said:

I think that mining with good equipments is not wasting energy, you can make good income if you kept an eye on your work, yes it costs but you will earn if you have experience 

Production in any case is a waste of energy. No equipment works without energy. In some countries, it is not profitable to own them because there is a very high price for electricity. It should be remembered that the equipment costs a lot of money. And this money needs to be worked out. And as you work them out, the difficulty of mining will increase, the equipment will age. So it is better to hold Bitcoin and wait for higher prices

On 10/9/2019 at 12:40 AM, Ben Fraj Salwa said:

We are navigating in the internet everyday and we can install extensions or browser that provides mining service at least it will be a little revenue as a cashback. Do not think that we will earn 20 kilo satoshi per month if you are mining alone.

The extension can not be considered  valid miners because more of them are from scammer.They just show numbers or do mining on your P.C.When the with drawl time comes they start makin 404 errors.

21 hours ago, duosolhei said:

If yu nеd оf infrmаtion оf сrypto sur. Yоu dsir to gt it alcultiоns аlng with sh256, squihаsh, сryptоnight s yu'll аpprhnd sh

You have copy and paste this comment from here.

Kindly do not do this kind of things on this forum you will face warning point and may be ban from this forum.

19 minutes ago, smuctimpto said:

If yu nеd оf infrmаtion оf сryptо sur. You dsir to gt it аlсultiоns alng with sh256, squihаsh, cryptоnight s yu'll аpprhnd sh

You are doing copy paste comments on this post.kindly avoid this kind of activity.

It is a waste of energy, since tehre are more profitable coins to mine. Unless you have your own power plant (biodiesel, solar panels, geothermal, eolic or tidal power) it can be profitable because you cut the electricity expenses (but replace it with maintenance expenses).

Mining needs high energy consumption. And the cost of energy is surprisingly high in most of the countries. So I think mining bitcoin is a waste of energy. 

On 10/23/2019 at 10:30 PM, zenzero said:

no mining is not a waste of time the miners have their rewards for the time and resources spent and help to make transactions, they just have to see if the rewards are greater than the expenses

you are right.because low computer is not good for minner.mining need good quietly computer. if you can trade you will good profit. Thank you for shering

when you go bad mining site than your energy level are slow.you search trusted mining site in Internet. when you got trusted site than you earn money and do not time waste.safe earning.

Well, it depends. If it is valuable enough, then it is not waste of energy. Bitcoin mining is the largest consumer of resources because new Bitcoins are distributed in a kind of lottery where each ticket is purchased with electricity.

Bitcoin mining is an energy beast. I think its waste of energy. Bitcoin mining for its high energy use, has potentially harmful impact on the environment.

Depends on which country you're from, for example me from my country, I think it is profitable But in countries like currency it is negative alost $20k.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, alpayno said:

Mining is great and optimize but still it needs a high powered hardware like cpu and gpu and it really cost a high electricity. Well if you don't have these well yes it is just a waste of time, but if you do then do good and good luck.

I always hear this, that mining activities in crypto consume a lot of electricity and also can cause damage to your hardware. But don't these hardwares (CPU and GPU) consume lot of energy, too? 

On 12/1/2019 at 1:20 PM, CryptoMoney said:

Bitcoin mining is still profitable than what someone can just use only laptop for. If you get the right equipment then you will know that mining is profitable.

I do not think that now a days the mining is more profitable way of earning a lot of money because the difficulties are gonna to increase that is why the miners can not get easily good profit form mining.

Ofcourse not, because look at bitcoin price. this price always growing up and have consistency. sometimes it drops rapidly but most of the time bitcoin goes up and growing large network. now a days, varies kind of e-commerce and many business supports bitcoin as payment getaway. So mining bitcoin will never be the waste of time for sure.

I think it is not waste of energy. if you want to earn anything you need to cost some energy. the miners are doing good job for the crypto market and it is profitable too.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:00 PM, CryptoMoney said:

Bitcoin is not a waste of energy because you can still get little profit from it.

In my country the electricity costs is very high and when I was using the bitcoin mining that time I was got just 30 dollar profit and the remaining all income i paid the electricity bills. And that time i noted that mining is not profitable for me and I stop mining.