The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 13 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

Thanks for the info. It is very helpful to read this forum. I learn so much about cryptocurrency. Although literally 3 days ago I did not know what bitcoin is haha

The difference between coins and tokens will give you a better grasp of the cryptocurrency markets. So here in this post we decided to cover a simple yet often mistaken topic that confuses new users  

• +2 1

Thank you for sharing this useful information, I actually had no idea about it, but after going through your topic, I got something about the difference between a coin and a token.

Edited by crysoul

Wow... and to think that until now I had taken for granted that they were the same. Thank you very much for the data, it is inevitable to say that every day you learn something new and above all in cryptotalk.

I used to think that there is no difference between a coin and a token. I just didn't quite understand exactly what difference there is between them on the market. As I noticed, they are equal in the market. I would be grateful if you could explain.

The currency has its own project and blockchain network As for the token, it is a currency that uses a private blockchain network in another currency and does not have its own network and therefore is considered small compared to the currency in terms of project and strength.

• +1 1

Thanks for these valuable informations. I'm a newbie in trading and didn't know what's the differences between them. What about which one is the safest? Coins or tokens?

The difference between these two kinds of crypto is really quite simple. Coins are the base and tokens are based on coins 🙂 I mean, there is ether coin for example and erc 20 token which is basically coin that you can make yourself using the blockchain of ether

A coin is a kryptocurency with some history like Bitcoin it have around 10 years but a token is a new kryptocurency created only what commonly with one goal like to pay comission for example Chainlink. So, this is the diffrence from a token and a coin. Hope I help you with you'r question!

Well, I admit I was referring to both tokens and coins as being the same, that shows how much there is left to learn. Thank you very much, now I know what the difference is. It is a common doubt and a mistake that many of us make in the beginning.

Полезная информация спасибо.очень класный форум много чему научица можно и полезного узнать

• -2 1

Thanks for explaining it so clearly and precisely @Mandoy01 . Until now I didn't know that there was a difference between a coin and a token. I thought that they were the same thing. This topic has saved from a lot of confusion and now I can share this knowledge with others who need it.

BitCNY giving away 1500$ worth of tokens

Bot Link: https://t.me/BitCnyBot?start=r03654319640

Ends/Withdrawal: 15 January

The difference I have found is that coin is all cryptomoney that is based on and uses exclusively a blockchain. The token also uses the blockchain but we must add the use of intelligent contracts and are called ERC-20 tokens.
I think these are the most important differences found in these types of active crypto.

• Useful or interesting 1

Thanks for the information friend. This has answered some questions for me. Now I have the knowledge that coins are first tokens when first released before they hopefully become coins but not all tokens become coins. Thank you. 

Well the difference is that tokens are made with the use of coin code. Erc 20 token is based on Ethereum network and uses its smart contacts. To make your own token you just need to deploy your own contract, but you need to pay for this of course

• +1 1

Thank you very much for such valuable information, I have worked on the internet many times and I was not very clear about the difference between tokens and coins, I hope to continue finding more informative posts like this one, grateful

Hello, very good explanation, very clear, the definition of currency and token are very good, so the tokens depend on the currencies, without them they could not exist? and the coins can exist by themselves.

the coins represent compulsory legal tender, while the token only circulates locally or even within an establishment, and is used by its beneficiaries and a few other users.

The answer is clear, a crypto has its own blockchai network and a token uses the network of another already created. A token is a digital asset that was developed within a blockchain platform. ... The main difference between a token and a cryptocurrency is that cryptocurrencies use their own blockchain, and tokens use a cryptocurrency's blockchain to function.:classic_happy:

• +2 1

As always be good and enjoy.:classic_rolleyes:

This is really useful information though. Thank you a lot and please, keep giving this kind of lessons or what you want to call it to the newbies.

Coins are just method of payments while token may present a companys share,give access to products or services  and perform many other functions.Crypto tokens are special kind of virtual currency tokens.

Useful information. It is true that the majority of beginners don't pay attention on this. Because both of them seem similar but, it is not. Coins have their own blockchain and tokens don't. So, this is simple enough.

Edited by GulliXON5

More crypto trader did not have idea that what is the major difference crypto coins and crypto token. But solve this difference easily i like your post, i remembers that crypto coins has own blockchain.

The coin has its own transaction database based on its own blockchain. Tokens are candy wrappers that use someone else's blockchain for the existence of their transaction database. Essentially, tokens are forks of the main coin.

• +1 1