Hardware Wallets - Page 6 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Hardware Wallets

What hardware wallet are you using?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What hardware wallet are you using?

• Ledger Nano S
    • Ledger Nano X
    • Trezor T
    • Trezor One
    • KeepKey
    • Safepal
    • I don't use any hardware wallet

On 9/29/2019 at 4:11 PM, hexwin said:

Hardware wallets are very important for securing your cryptocurrencies 

and protecting them from stealing or hacking.

Please VOTE and choose what wallet you prefer and use.

Yes hardware wallets are great to be used for storing our crypto because they are used offline and comes with no risk of being hacked as compared to online wallets though these hardware wallets are not easily accessed in some of our countries that's why i only use for online storage though they come with risk of being hacked.

• +1 1

3 hours ago, George10 said:

Yes hardware wallets are great to be used for storing our crypto because they are used offline

Not that they are used offline, they can be connected online, transactions are even made online but private keys are stored offline. They are safe and making use of public keys to generate addresses. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

13 hours ago, Yomose said:

Not that they are used offline, they can be connected online, transactions are even made online but private keys are stored offline. They are safe and making use of public keys to generate addresses. 

Really I'm greatful for your effort on reaching me out to share with me some more knowledge about hardware wallets of which i didn't know thank you.

In fact, I have not used this type of wallet before, instead I use wallet applications on the phone and computer and I would like to buy a wallet of this type, but I do not know what its price is and the transfer fees are high?

Mostly members vote for ledger nano s but i will choose keepkey hardware wallet.  It is best wallet among all cold wallets due to its security. Further it have low transaction fee. 

• +1 1

I have used Trezor one hardware wallet and I am very much satisfied with it's performance. It's very secure, support many cryptocurrencies and tokens, we can also connect it to third part wallets or services. It one of the best hardware wallet.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Am using trust wallet, bitpay wallet and electrum wallet for different uses. But i will purchase a hardware wallet when my trading balance will increase so that i can store it in a hardware wallet.

• +1 1

On 6/13/2020 at 7:35 PM, Jessica Karren said:

we can also connect it to third part wallets or services. It one of the best hardware wallet.

What is the third part wallet that you were suggesting to?I also have been using Trezor T wallet for a long time. Before connecting Trezor to any sort of third party site, I kindly ask you to check weather that site is trusted or not. Some phishing site may steal your wallet seeds. 

• +1 1
  • +5 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:41 PM, Whited35 said:

What is the third part wallet that you were suggesting to?I also have been using Trezor T wallet for a long time. Before connecting Trezor to any sort of third party site, I kindly ask you to check weather that site is trusted or not. Some phishing site may steal your wallet seeds. 

There is no how any site can steal your wallet seed nor private key if you are using harassment wallets. The private keys are truly an completely offline. Only what can happen is the address you want to send to changing to hacker's address. I believe we can be able to check that to check and recheck the address we are sending to before pressing the sending button. 

The TREZOR One wallet is a wallet for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that offers a high level of security. It is a hardware-based wallet that allows you to sign transactions when connected to an online computer.

Therefore, the TREZOR One device stores the private keys, in a similar way to what happens in OFFLINE wallets or paper wallets, but with the advantage that it can be easily connected to an ONLINE device and, in this way, it is much faster and easier to use than any other cold wallet.

There are really true hardware wallet called CRYTPOTAG. It's made out of titanium plates. In the plates you can engrave the first four letters of every word of your recovery seed.

628-cryptotag.png

I personally feel very uncomfortable using hardware wallets. Because it cannot be accessed from anywhere, I am also more than saving my cryptocurrencies on exchange sites such as binance and of course YOBIT.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:57 PM, Brand1 said:

I use the hardware wallet sometimes, but I always rely on the paper wallet and the blockchain wallet. The paper wallet is very safe and difficult to penetrate, and the blockchain wallet has a very strong system and is easy to use.

What ks the point? You got hardware wallet and you reply on paper wallet? It will be a big lie. Paper wallet is not convenient to use, people use it when want to hold high amount of money without paying for any wallet purchase, but for now, holders like to use hardware wallets instead because of the convenience. 

A hardware wallet is a special type ofbitcoin walletwhich stores the user's private keys in a secure hardware device. They have major advantages over standard software wallets: private keys are often stored in a protected area of a microcontroller, and cannot be transferredout of the device in plaintext.

I like the Trezor one wallet . You do not need to install anything on the wallet, supports more than 1500 cryptocurrencies, not a high price of only 48 euros.

for my part I liked the trust wallet because I can keep my keys private, I can make an exchange in the same app I have everything for myself, I don't have to depend on a page to save my cryptocurrency, it appears that I can pay directly with the phone I need to get into the app and I don't need to start a section, just put the password or fingerprint.

I am using LEDGER and i never had a problem on this.

I once read from a great crypto user,

"The best thing to have is a ledger wallet if you have more than 500USD value of cryptocurrency"

And i always do believe that is the best way to do. Be safe always.

@hexwin I think all hardware wallets are good and are essential for our cryptocurrencies protection. I think Trezor and Legder are the first hardware wallet creation. But I m sure that others also have their benefit, the important is if we pretend to hold a high amount of our cryptocurrency hardware wallet is ideal for that. My choice is Trezor.

• +2 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Most people are choosing ledger nano s, maybe because it is cheap and that you can use it on phone with phone USB cable, but ledger nano x make use of bluetooth which makes it simpler. 

I started to use ledger nano some times ago,and i liked him very much, he is cool and easy to use, so, i will vote for him.

Hardware wallet are used to store cryptocurrency''it is more secure and easy to used . hardware wallet are store digital currency.it is best wallet.

I don't feel comfortable with hardware wallets because they are not safe and they have pure security and can b accessed from anywhere. So I don't use these wallets. 

I didn’t hear about hardware wallet before. May be it's new wallet. Thanks for share about this wallet. I will try this wallet for crypto currency.