Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these? - Page 7 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these?

We went from physical currency only to a digital world with more transparency. I believe in transparency and a currency with a locked supply.

why do you really need to hide transactions, if not for illegal activity?
Is the use case for anonymity strong enough to outweight the sideeffects?

We need privacy and it is our right, and private currencies play a vital role in it, but different policies make it difficult for them to even survive and many do not accept it. Too much of our private information is being abused by corporate entities. Privacy coins are needed. Just because they are employees of a bank, we assume that they should be trusted with all this information. Hence why I like cryptocurrencies, no one knows what's in my wallet except me!

Most currencies like monero are the best that exist for me in privacy and anonymity, zcash is one that comes close to it, really the one that is most impossible to track and with the most market is monero.

It's  very difficult and interesting question. In my opinion of course people need privacy and privacy tokens, because if people won't have privacy. Important information about their life and priorities can be sold in very bad hands, that can make bad things to people. 

The right to privacy is a fundamental prerequisite for peace of mind and security. The idea that only criminals have something to hide is strange. On the contrary, privacy is sought after by almost everyone

Private currencies are good, but if corporate adoption does not grow with those currencies, they will never be conventional like Bitcoin, in the same way the truth is that you do not have to pay much attention if they are going to do bad things or not, bad things are always present in everything.

I think it is super necessary that privacy and cryptocurrency go

hand in hand, since the interface is not designed with the intention

to cover illegal or fraudulent movement, if not, it is designed so

that the addresses and the identity of the user, making the all

movements anonymously, in addition to this security, it makes

it the best choice in terms of payments, large and small

companies are choosing this virtual currency, over traditional ways.

If this privacy coin is needed so that governments do not have 100% control over us since they give us a kind of anonymity about the transactions we have and also the income that we are acquiring one of the best known is monero that a Over time it has been increasing its capital a lot and its growth both in price and in utility of it since being very old and with a system that can provide us with privacy regarding our transactions because it is one of the most used

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/4/2020 at 10:23 AM, felipe isaza said:

In the world of cryptocurrencies, privacy is very important and that is why I recommend the monero currency is very good at privacy.

Yes xmr is one of the few cryptos that is 100% private. I think one should have the freedom to use privacy coins if one wishes.

Privacy is the primary particularity of a cryptocurrency, this plays a fundamental role, since, what would a cryptocurrency be without privacy? It would already become any centralized digital asset and would cease to be a real cryptocurrency.

Nowadays I think that without privacy you cannot do anything and everything is based on this.

Of course we need a privacy coin and privacy in general.

You can find many people who say: “Why do you need privacy? Are you hiding something illegal? etc." If a person has nothing to hide, then passwords are not needed. In this case, everyone should make the password publicly available.

• +1 1

Since blockchain is the most MOST open source you can find in internet i dont think coins need privacy lol. Thats my opinion though i don't know exacly if you need it or not. Monero is the most private coin out there so if you want it go buy it

I have heard that privacy coins cannot be traced, but again, I do not understand what is meant cannot be traced, is not bitcoin also not traceable who sends and receives coin, so, can friends explain about the advantages of privacy coins like xmr and zec

For me, I think it is necessary to have privacy coins, privacy is necessary in a world where there is so much and privacy and security is necessary to protect your investments from many scams

Yes we need privacy coins remember when bitcoin introduced it was planned to eliminate centralised currencies so those type of coins it will continue to provide financial freedom in the world of crypto this is the reasons am saying we need those coins however scamming activities will never stop with privacy coins imagin the cases of hacking you wont able  or try to track them down 

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes, we really need privacy coins, because why not. Investing in them is somewhat risky, but think it's fine to trade them on exchanges.

Every person has doubts if sending a cryptocurrency can be traced. Track address and attract the attention of hackers. That is why we need a secure currency that is not traceable.

I was looking into the Zcoin crash and apparently it was caused by a flaw in the coins cryptography. There was an exploit where you could redeem burned coins and infinite amount of times... did you hear about that? They have disabled the protocol for now, it functions like LTC.

Start investing with the highest paying platforms offered on Cryptologic.com

Find and follow us on social media to stay informed via Linktree.com
Affiliate link of the month: Automate your trading with Quadency.com

You are right to say that we should be able to choose the level of anonymity and privacy of our finances, but I believe that privacy coins are not necessary because there are several wallets that offer this option.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, Bills said:

Most currencies like monero are the best that exist for me in privacy and anonymity, zcash is one that comes close to it, really the one that is most impossible to track and with the most market is monero.

i think recently many coins and projects has been involved in the privacy projects, there is high demand for privacy and thats why a coin like GRIN found investors and intrigued some people to use it.

We need privacy, security, and animosity coins.Because people need it, we can't trust our government and banks. So this is the reason why I, for example, use crypto and prefer it more than usual money. Everyone has the right to privacy, so coins can help with it

In my opinion, we don't really need privacy coins, because what traders need is decentralized coins that have high price fluctuations so they can provide profit. We can use a privacy-based wallet so that security and anonymity when transacting is maintained without having to use privacy coins.

• +1 1