Is it possible to mine cryptocurrency with less than 100% CPU usage? - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Is it possible to mine cryptocurrency with less than 100% CPU usage?

As you know, one of the biggest problems of mining cryptocurrency is to cool down devices properly. Heat is a big destructive factor for many computer hardware like CPUs. When you mine with your CPU, it will run at full power and CPU usage reaches 100% which will lead to more heat. I thought about discovering some ways to set a limit for CPU so that it remains cool during mining process. It may take longer to mine but at least you don't overheat your CPU! Has anyone tried to mine with 50% or 70% CPU usage?

I think limiting CPU processing power is one way to reduce heat. What are your suggestions?

sure that it can also be mined using less than 100% of the computer power but it is not convenient, already at 100% the gains are low let alone if we decrease the computing power, it is better to mine at the maximum power of our pc indeed overclock the bios to have more power and put cooling fans

If you want to reduce the heat on your CPU then install some cooling system so you can be sure that your computer will not overheat. Also you are right that you must not exhaust all of your nodes and set only a limit so that your system will not overwork and ends up in overheating.

JOIN US AND WIN BIG PRIZES FROM DIFFERENT GAMES!!!

https://www.bitsler.com/?ref=Mandoy

On 1/10/2020 at 12:58 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

As you know, one of the biggest problems of mining cryptocurrency is to cool down devices properly. Heat is a big destructive factor for many computer hardware like CPUs. When you mine with your CPU, it will run at full power and CPU usage reaches 100% which will lead to more heat. I thought about discovering some ways to set a limit for CPU so that it remains cool during mining process. It may take longer to mine but at least you don't overheat your CPU! Has anyone tried to mine with 50% or 70% CPU usage?

I think limiting CPU processing power is one way to reduce heat. What are your suggestions?

For cooling we have to mine in cooler region if the environment temperature is very less in such area mining is easy , if cpu power is reduced the CPU can't give it's best performance to boost Earnings so cold temperatures is very good for mining

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

6 hours ago, kuscoi11 said:

I am not sure about it. With CPU I am quite confident but I think it will be difficult to make a profit, if you find a suitable currency and make effective mining then I think it will probably generate a profit. 

You can use half of your CPU's total thread, but the results you get aren't great if you mine bitcoin. Try mining other coins designed for CPU mining.

If you have thousands of CPUs, it's ok to mining with 10 percent.But if you don't have the power to afford it, I'm sorry you can't mining with a single CPU anyway. It does not even cover the electricity expense.

Конечно можно. В любом майнере есть контроль интенсивности процессора. Можно например задействовать наполовину. А зачем это вам ? Это же не прибыльно. 

Using CPU below 100% to exploit is entirely possible. You have many options for yourself but I think small and medium coins are fine with about 70% -80%, you also have to ensure cooling for your device. Don't try to work too hard if it can't be guaranteed, you should recalculate.

I would say that it will be best to use gou for mining instead of cpu as you can also mine with cpu by using it power more or less but to earn good through mining i will recommend to use gpu.

There is a better way to obtain mining power and greater and better results by maintaining 100% workforce and creating an economical cooling method, for example an external fan that draws air from the outside and goes through special filters to cool the processor every ten minutes it works and stops temporarily and this method is scientifically proven

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think yes it is possible to mine cryptocurrency with less than 100% CPU. But maybe will not be profitable or the CPU performance will be reduced to boost the income, but I think mining also referred to the season because of the climate. So maybe the climate combination of mining is the best option to take advantage about your CPU potential.

• +2 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

just turn off some of the cpu cores. it is done via editing the config file by adding or changing the line "cpuThreads = [number of cores]" or something like that

Of course you can mine cryptocurrency with less than 100% CPU usage, but if you will use less computing power that's means you'll be earning low and save your machine from over hit, but if you'll be using 100% CPU power, you'll be earning more but you will be over hitting your CPU.

• +2 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link