Altcoin season officially confirmed - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
MrSpasybo

Altcoin season officially confirmed

Altcoin season is a concept that is quite difficult to define clearly and I believe that everyone has their own opinion. We can determine the Altcoin season through BTCD or ALT/BTC rate. I found a website with an interesting definition of altcoin season: based on the increased performance of coin/token.

What is an Altcoin Season?
If 75% of the Top 50 coins performed better than Bitcoin over the last season (90 days) it is Altcoin Season.

LH6wPxf.jpg

TKOq84D.jpg

G4UqViB.jpg

Detail: https://www.blockchaincenter.net/altcoin-season-index/

As we can see, the value is currently up to 92, far exceeding the number of conditions of 75. That is, the altcoin season is going strong, only 8% of projects in the top 50 are up in price more slowly than BTC. Sad because they are all big projects: LTC, BCH, BSV, XMR.

How long do you think this altcoin season will last? Is this index attractive enough for you to join the altcoin market?

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

6 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

How long do you think this altcoin season will last? Is this index attractive enough for you to join the altcoin market?

There are the different concepts regarding the altcoin seasons and this one is the most convincing. Personally, I have been relating the performances of the top altcoins against the Bitcoin dominance to be sure, the altcoins seriously have the performance-oriented markets. Anyway, personally I think this season will last till the End of this year because Ethereum is more likely to be the second driver to change the direction of the cryptocurrency markets. 

• +4 1

In every period a cryptocurrency rises and becomes the talk of everyone in the market, as we are in this period we are talking about Bitcoin and the currency of the Binance platform, it rises dramatically

• +2 1

I think we are in the middle of altcoin season and it has started few time back in my analysis. Just take few examples like Eth, Ltc, Ada. Eth has pumped from 200$ to 2000$, Ada from 14_15 cents to 1.22$, Same is with the Ltc and Dot has finally made its 10X from 4$ to 45$.

So almost all top project coins are doing insanely good and providing a huge benefit in terms of profit. 

If anyone us taking entry now considering altcoins season has started now would be uncertain decision. So taking entry should be as buyinh dips and joining the bull market.

• +2 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

As long as the dominance of Bitcoin going low more and more and the liquidity is moving to other currencies it proves the alt season will be huge and the profits will be great as well 

The best we can do is gaining profits (at least our capital) whenever any currency make above 100% 

By this we never end in lose whatever happens in the market and giving the chance to our profits to increase more and more in unclosed deals

• +1 1

9 hours ago, Whited35 said:

There are the different concepts regarding the altcoin seasons and this one is the most convincing. Personally, I have been relating the performances of the top altcoins against the Bitcoin dominance to be sure, the altcoins seriously have the performance-oriented markets. Anyway, personally I think this season will last till the End of this year because Ethereum is more likely to be the second driver to change the direction of the cryptocurrency markets. 

@Whited35I was quite excited to find this website, it gives us a clearer view and an index worth checking out.
Many experts also predict bullrun will peak in November this year but Ethereum boom could help keep the momentum going until March next year. I wish the London update happened a little earlier.

4 hours ago, Ridam said:

I think we are in the middle of altcoin season and it has started few time back in my analysis. Just take few examples like Eth, Ltc, Ada. Eth has pumped from 200$ to 2000$, Ada from 14_15 cents to 1.22$, Same is with the Ltc and Dot has finally made its 10X from 4$ to 45$.

So almost all top project coins are doing insanely good and providing a huge benefit in terms of profit. 

If anyone us taking entry now considering altcoins season has started now would be uncertain decision. So taking entry should be as buyinh dips and joining the bull market.

@Ridam 

I think the bullish potential of Altcoin tops is still there, as their price has only increased 10x.
I still believe in principle 1: 10: 100.
ALT / BTC x10
BTC / USD x10
=> ALT / USD x100

However, as you said, we have gone half a bullrun. The best time to enter the market is probably 3 months ago.

• +3 1

Wait, so let me get this straight. The index displays only the top performing cryptocurrencies for a particular period of time, but not about that particular coin? I mean, there is no information on the coins themselves and we have to search the internet for additional information? Because there is still risk involved in investing on the top performing ones. Especially for beginners who only know the top ranking coins (BTC, ETH, DOT, XRP) in the market and not the current top performing ones displayed on the index. Who knows, someone might be investing in a top performing (but low-ranking) coin today and that coin might crash the next season.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +2 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

And here I thought alt season is anytime when the price of those top coins start increasing including bitcoin itself, thanks for the clarification.

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

14 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

@Whited35I was quite excited to find this website, it gives us a clearer view and an index worth checking out.
Many experts also predict bullrun will peak in November this year but Ethereum boom could help keep the momentum going until March next year. I wish the London update happened a little earlier.

As I can see, you are actively getting real time crypto-related updates, I expect you to check whether Chinese miners are seriously working for the another fork of Ethereum. I think only 1% of total Ethereum mining pool is against the EIP-1559 and even that 1% of miners can have the power to release the new fork. I expect ETH 2.0 to prevent creating forks completely. 

• +3 2

22 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

@Ridam 

I think the bullish potential of Altcoin tops is still there, as their price has only increased 10x.
I still believe in principle 1: 10: 100.
ALT / BTC x10
BTC / USD x10
=> ALT / USD x100

However, as you said, we have gone half a bullrun. The best time to enter the market is probably 3 months ago.

Well there is a lot of room for alts to grow. If you look at the leader of the alts, Eth hasnot made the intense move from it alltime high. And in ETH/BTC pair, Eth hasnot made its move like it did in 2017 bull run. If we see this then we can expect good return even if we enter at this level in the market, but when everyone is booking their profit it is more risky to enter. Also if we look at the Bitcoin dominance it hasnot fallen and we can expect alot of liquidity to come in the altcoins market once the btc goes side way for a while or market get disinterested once the profit become small.

• +3 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Altcoins have really took off. I watch the market caps and the first 100 were all above one billion in market capitalization. All the market is two trillion dollars. We are in altcoin season for weeks and everything I hold is pumping. I know we can still risk and there are coins that can go a lot higher. Can we see an extreme rise of altcoins like it happened in 2018? Possibly, but we have to be careful too, and risk accordingly.

• +3 1

Altcoins are seriously performing very well after BTC, this year many great changes comes to see in crypto where ETH break ATH and Trx make great price change, new coins like LIT, Twt are running good. So many of people start saying it's alt season. And BTC have become static. The market is now divert toward altcoins and many of coins making good number of price up down. Although many of coins are in red zone but the condition is not very bad as were in fee days back. The new month is started and new wave of investment is making his way. So things gonna be hectic in this month BTC gonna rise more or not is a big question in crypto world. 

• +3 1

13 hours ago, Whited35 said:

As I can see, you are actively getting real time crypto-related updates, I expect you to check whether Chinese miners are seriously working for the another fork of Ethereum. I think only 1% of total Ethereum mining pool is against the EIP-1559 and even that 1% of miners can have the power to release the new fork. I expect ETH 2.0 to prevent creating forks completely. 

@Whited35 I regularly check this information but there are no new updates, the 51% strike event expected by Chinese miners did not happen thanks to the timely arrival of the EIP-3368. Miners still want to make money and more money.
However, it is reported that in the future, when Ethereum completely moves to POS, Chinese miners will fork to continue mining POW. I do not believe in this much, because Ethereum is the network that the DeFi community is interested in, not the Chinese fork network ^^

Source: Majority of Ethereum miners back EIP-1559 while Chinese miners discuss fork

6 hours ago, Ridam said:

Well there is a lot of room for alts to grow. If you look at the leader of the alts, Eth hasnot made the intense move from it alltime high. And in ETH/BTC pair, Eth hasnot made its move like it did in 2017 bull run. If we see this then we can expect good return even if we enter at this level in the market, but when everyone is booking their profit it is more risky to enter. Also if we look at the Bitcoin dominance it hasnot fallen and we can expect alot of liquidity to come in the altcoins market once the btc goes side way for a while or market get disinterested once the profit become small.

@Ridam

I think Ethereum's meager growth in relation to gas is too high, and at the same time its capitalization is too large to be volatile. I expect ETH price to grow strongly towards the end of the bullrun cycle. Currently there is space for mid & low cap altcoins.

3 hours ago, kryptonick said:

Altcoins have really took off. I watch the market caps and the first 100 were all above one billion in market capitalization. All the market is two trillion dollars. We are in altcoin season for weeks and everything I hold is pumping. I know we can still risk and there are coins that can go a lot higher. Can we see an extreme rise of altcoins like it happened in 2018? Possibly, but we have to be careful too, and risk accordingly.

@kryptonick In my opinion, we are only halfway through bullrun and BTCD continues to decline, which only makes the altcoin season stronger. I believe that the altcoin value will continue to increase in the near term, possibly x5-x10. However, you can gradually sell out to take profit and avoid risks.

• +5 1

I think it's good that this season has started in this way, I hope that all those who have their coins saved, can take advantage of this season, successes to all.

20 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

However, it is reported that in the future, when Ethereum completely moves to POS, Chinese miners will fork to continue mining POW. I do not believe in this much, because Ethereum is the network that the DeFi community is interested in, not the Chinese fork network ^^

Source: Majority of Ethereum miners back EIP-1559 while Chinese miners discuss fork

Thanks for the link and BTW, I have already check this one. I have almost the similar thoughts, even the new forks come into the existence, I believe most of the people won't trust such forks due to limited numbers of participating nodes. Cryptocommunity has already faced the terrible incidents due to the ETC majority attack. I think most of the PoW based blockchain will gradually loose the mainstream adoption trends. 

• +3 1

It is looking as altcoin season because all altcoins are having a price party lately. We see often many grow even by 100% just in a day and many traders are into altcoins for the time being, including me. I buy and trade and hold those that seem to be lower than previously but most of all those with a good community and people that understand the technology.

• +1 1

21 hours ago, piuri01 said:

I think it's good that this season has started in this way, I hope that all those who have their coins saved, can take advantage of this season, successes to all.

Only if we knew of these altseasons before they happen it would have been much better and people would benefit a lot. Is there way to know if an alt season is coming or not?

15 minutes ago, Naveed akbar said:

Every so often, a cryptocurrency rises to the top of the market and becomes the talk of the town; right now, we're talking about Bitcoin and the Binance platform's currency, which has risen dramatically.

But I do not think this kind of behavior is safe, It seems that rumors fake news, etc, just any talk about a coin makes a coin rise if the talk is positive and makes it fall if the talk is negative. That does not sound like a real effect to me just an illusion.

3 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Thanks for the link and BTW, I have already check this one. I have almost the similar thoughts, even the new forks come into the existence, I believe most of the people won't trust such forks due to limited numbers of participating nodes. Cryptocommunity has already faced the terrible incidents due to the ETC majority attack. I think most of the PoW based blockchain will gradually loose the mainstream adoption trends. 

@Whited35 POW's fate has been discussed long ago but POW still exists, probably thanks to the value of BTC in this market. Now that we have found more consensus methods, POS and its variants can ensure the safety of the network without consuming too much power.
With Ethereum, I really expect it to move over to using POS. I believe that the Ethereum team could adopt POS earlier but the pressure from miners is large enough for Ethereum to postpone POS adoption.

1 hour ago, selfmade said:

But I do not think this kind of behavior is safe, It seems that rumors fake news, etc, just any talk about a coin makes a coin rise if the talk is positive and makes it fall if the talk is negative. That does not sound like a real effect to me just an illusion.

@selfmade The altcoin season is making altcoins prices more volatile and more sensitive to information. We see DOGE & ADA have proved this convincingly ^^
From the beginning of year until now, I have seen tokens x50-x100, which means the manipulation in this market is at a very high level, the low/mid cap token price is easy to be manipulated. But during the bullrun bull run, most investors will make a profit.
We should accept this volatility to continue to trust investing in altcoins for higher returns than holding Bitcoin.

• +5 1

8 hours ago, selfmade said:

Only if we knew of these altseasons before they happen it would have been much better and people would benefit a lot. Is there way to know if an alt season is coming or not?

The altcoin season index provided by the OP in his link displays data only for the monthly, seasonal and yearly performance of cryptocurrencies. By the time the chart declares an altcoin season has already started and in full swing, we might have been too late in investing/trading with alts to take advantage.

It would have been nice if there's a daily or even weekly chart on that website for day traders to make use of. Since there is none, I think it still falls down to a trader's experience in detecting a start/end of an altcoin season.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • Useful or interesting 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

11 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

@Whited35 POW's fate has been discussed long ago but POW still exists, probably thanks to the value of BTC in this market. Now that we have found more consensus methods, POS and its variants can ensure the safety of the network without consuming too much power.

IMHO, Only Bitcoin will survive and rest of PoW based blockchain will be proceeding for the switching the protocol. You can just imagine now, how handy can it be if we have the AI enabled blockchain network. After mining the all Bitcoin, I think there will be hot discussions for the protocol change. 

11 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

With Ethereum, I really expect it to move over to using POS. I believe that the Ethereum team could adopt POS earlier but the pressure from miners is large enough for Ethereum to postpone POS adoption.

Locked ETH for ETH 2.0 has already proved, there is nothing to hamper the switching process of Ethereum. We can be positive now as the every phase will  happen for the good things.

• +3 1

12 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

the low/mid cap token price is easy to be manipulated.

What I know is that coins with low or mid supply are the ones which are easily manipulated, that is why even bitcoin with it's huge market cap can be manipulated just because it has a very low supply. Was I wrong?

On 4/2/2021 at 6:46 PM, MrSpasybo said:

@MrSpasybo Now is when the upward cycle of the altcoin comes strong, if the bitcoin goes towards 70k, I am sure that it will be, the altcoin will continue in an upward trend, even the predictions indicate it, the altcoin will continue to rise in price , now is a good opportunity to enter and expect medium-term profits, in the coming months we can see very good things, this year may be the take off of many altcoins dragged by bitcoin and better projects, also the NTFs are running hard, greetings .

• +3 1

11 hours ago, Whited35 said:

IMHO, Only Bitcoin will survive and rest of PoW based blockchain will be proceeding for the switching the protocol. You can just imagine now, how handy can it be if we have the AI enabled blockchain network. After mining the all Bitcoin, I think there will be hot discussions for the protocol change. 

Locked ETH for ETH 2.0 has already proved, there is nothing to hamper the switching process of Ethereum. We can be positive now as the every phase will  happen for the good things.

@Whited35 POS is the general trend of the market, nothing can stop it. I also think that Bitcoin will be the last POW, the other blockchain POWs will have to convert soon to compete. Currently, BCH & LTC blockchains is not feeling the pressure because attention to them is not large, in the future things will be different if LTC proves it to be digital silver and BCH is seen as an alternative payment solution of BTC.

10 hours ago, selfmade said:

What I know is that coins with low or mid supply are the ones which are easily manipulated, that is why even bitcoin with it's huge market cap can be manipulated just because it has a very low supply. Was I wrong?

@selfmade As you said, the low/mid cap coins are easily manipulated, but we still accept that this market is still being manipulated: after every bullrun will be crypto winter. We are temporarily unable to resist that manipulation, we are just looking to adapt and push the value of the crypto market higher after each bullrun season.
Forget the reason for manipulation, the low/mid cap coins are easier to increase when the attention on them increases. We see BTC x10 but other altcoins that have been x50-x300 in this bullrun.

8 hours ago, Dormilon said:

@MrSpasybo Now is when the upward cycle of the altcoin comes strong, if the bitcoin goes towards 70k, I am sure that it will be, the altcoin will continue in an upward trend, even the predictions indicate it, the altcoin will continue to rise in price , now is a good opportunity to enter and expect medium-term profits, in the coming months we can see very good things, this year may be the take off of many altcoins dragged by bitcoin and better projects, also the NTFs are running hard, greetings .

@Dormilon According to some analysis of the rules of the bull/bear, this year's bullrun peak will be reached in November 2021 and the price of BTC is expected to reach $90-100K after correcting at $75K.
However, many experts are more optimistic and talk about the super cycle: BTC price will continuously increase to $150K - 200K - 300K - 400K right this year. I personally think that price is unrealistic at the moment.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

3 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

According to some analysis of the rules of the bull/bear, this year's bullrun peak will be reached in November 2021 and the price of BTC is expected to reach $90-100K after correcting at $75K.
However, many experts are more optimistic and talk about the super cycle: BTC price will continuously increase to $150K - 200K - 300K - 400K right this year. I personally think that price is unrealistic at the moment.

@MrSpasybo I am one of the optimists, if the BTC breaks 65k it will go to 80k very quickly, the price can reach this year at prices that many do not imagine, after reaching 80k, it will be a walk to reach 100k, so bitcoin is For great things in the future, saving is an excellent idea, I wish I had enough capital to invest I would not hesitate, enter now is to have future profits.

• +1 1
  • +2 1