Bitcoin will not replace gold - Page 29 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Dark Shadow

Bitcoin will not replace gold

There is a fundamental difference between gold and bitcoin, which is fundamental in our times and may God change in the future.

It is that gold is material and understood by all people, while Bitcoin is a digital currency and may have a reputation in the world, but there are large parts of the planet that you do not know anything about.

So I think in our time this gold will remain gold, which is the blind confidence of all investments.

The future, as read, is digital, and Bitcoin has a strong value in the future, for sure, and it may replace gold later, but our era is now the era of the beginning of technology and every era will progress slowly until it reaches the time of its full spread

• +4 1

Both gold and bitcoin have their own positions and value in market . Gold is considered as safe asset and also profitable for long term investment.  While bitcoin is also known as digital gold .bitcoin is block chain based on cryptocurrency. That shares some properties of gold. But I don't think that bitcoin will replace gold .

Gold and Bitcoin rank high for investment and savings . This will continue in the future, but I do not think that Bitcoin will replace gold because gold has the confidence of all people in the world and has been in existence for thousands of years .

• +2 1

You have a good topic to discuss, Gold vs Bitcoin. In my opinion bitcoin will be leading in future leaving gold market behind. I think so, because crypto awareness is spreading slowly and covering big areas of the world. Where people are investing money by selling gold and depositing in BTC due to high profits. I think BTC is a digital gold. 

The plan is to reach some level of market cap close to gold. But this is not going to replace gold as those that invest in gold are more than Bitcoin. Gold will always be there for investment. I don't see why there is a need to keep comparing those two as it is clear it is not the same.

Gold has been around for centuries, outlasting failed fiat currencies and persevering through global market crashes, while crypto is precarious and in its infancy. When a form of “money” has no intrinsic value and exposes people to dizzying fluctuation, it can never match gold’s reliability. So while pro-crypto players will naturally push it as the new gold, crypto is closer to fool’s gold than the precious metal, and its bubble will most likely burst in the coming years.

Both the bitcoin and the gold has greater values in their perspective field, but under normal circumstances, I think that the gold is still far ahead of the bitcoin, but maybe in the near future, the bitcoin might over take the gold in that chart, thank you so much. 

• +2 1

Gold has been used in the real world and has been used as currency for centuries. Gold is used in jewelry, it has industrial applications as a conductor of electricity, and an alloy is used to seal teeth and in crowns. You can walk into any pawn store now and trade your gold for cash, an asset that many central banks around the world keep in their vaults, Bitcoin has few, if any, real-world uses. Although there have been a few branded companies that have accepted bitcoins since 2014, it would be practically impossible to try to live outside of bitcoin given that few retailers and companies accept the digital currency. Since it is not a physical commodity, liquidity can sometimes be difficult.
Finally, there is a big difference when it comes to organizing these assets. Gold, being a physical asset that is traded in regulated financial markets, is not a concern for regulators. As for Bitcoin, it is traded on many exchanges rather than the central exchange, and there have been a number of cases over the past two years of cyber attacks and criminals using Bitcoin for their gains.

We have no idea without a doubt however later on bitcoin will end up more powerful compared to right now. The cost goes upward progressively however I can not state the same concerning precious metal once we understand precious metal includes a lengthy background. I suppose the period may display all of us the solution.

I completely agree with you, each of them has its own advantages, so I do not think that one will replace the other, but there is one main difference that Bitcoin is a digital currency and this is what distinguishes it, meaning that its trading is easier and better.

Yes, I agree with you, my friend, they both have many advantages, and they both have their fans and lovers, one of them cannot be canceled, I think that Bitcoin and gold will complete together, knowing that Bitcoin came from gold, so they have the same golden color and have a limited amount In the world .

In spite of the fact that they are very similer as you pointed, yet I don't feel that bitcoin will supplant gold, and for a valid justification that gold have been there for a long time and it is esteem is as yet expanding, yet u can say bitcoin resembles a virtual picture of gold.

I think digital currencies will replace ordinary currencies like the dollar and the euro, but gold cannot be replaced by digital currencies because it is irreplaceable, it has a different value than the value of the currency in general, so I agree with you, my friend.

dear friend yes I am a great with you we cannot replace the Bitcoin with gold because the value of Bitcoin is in very increased but we can convert the Bitcoin in our country cash and we can buy everything we won by use our country cash

• +2 1

Hello my friend, as for gold and Bitcoin, they are both currencies, and I do not think in the short term that one of them will replace the other, but I believe that the value of Bitcoin will increase from day to day until it reaches a very large value.

Dear friend, yes, I agree with you about that, to some extent, gold and Bitcoin are similar as I indicated in terms of safety and also in terms of their great value, but everyone prefers to deal with gold as it is tangible on the surface of the earth and has been known since ancient times and most people are not familiar with this cryptocurrency, which is Bitcoin  thank you very much

• Useful or interesting 1

It is possible that, the fact that no one can deny is that the cryptocurrency Bitcoin is an intangible or tangible currency by hand compared to gold, but the price of one encrypted bitcoin is many times more than gold.  I agree with you in this view that Bitcoin will not replace gold, because that is unlikely in my view.

Both bitcoin and gold have their own importance and value.gold is naturally occurring metal and it is rare..on the other hand bitcoin is not much rare as gold so it cannot replace gold.

Bitcoin can be valued and treat private individuals like gold, and it now occupies this position and is without competition, and the only barrier is that there are many countries that have not recognized it.

• +2 1

Dear Thank you for this wonderful topic of discussion.

But in my opinion, I find that we cannot neglect the fact that the potential of Bitcoins is really huge but for Bitcoins to match the popularity of gold it will take a really long time. 

Bitcoin still has a long way to go, and I think it will have huge successes in the future.

In my opinion, my dear friend, Bitcoin will not replace gold, and vice versa, as Bitcoin is considered one of the cryptocurrencies that the new global economy will adopt, as well as the global economy rich in reserves of gold, as it is a very beautiful metal and owning it is considered a positive thing. Thank you my friend for this golden topic.

Gold and bitcoin each have had their own market place and value. Since bitcoin isn't approved anywhere, it can't be used to replace gold, which was published far earlier than bitcoin and can't be substituted by bitcoin.

Hello David greetings in my opinion I think both are into these are different from each other because gold is no use in lot of things not just any objective and that woman wear and talk about the crypto currency is this is a digital currency and if they can make transaction without to the middle middle man so in my opinion and both are different from each other