How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds. - Page 7 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds.

Really this information will be very much helpful for us. That's why thank you so much. All user should read this article.

All of it will be useless if you loose them. You can take all the precautions in the world and still loose all the coins by loosing your private keys, If you go and read, there are so many reports of bitcoins lost in blockchain universe, because the owner lost the private keys. 

You should not say scammers sweet words and be greedy. You can avoid theft and scammers in different ways.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Generate your private keys in a secure, offline environment

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

Create backups of your private keys

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

Encrypt wallets to provide additional security

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

Thanks for sharing and also I use usb drive to save them too more safety more better.. Good luck...

On 2/17/2020 at 9:35 AM, 3bood mash said:

We can use a variety of methods to protect ourselves from spamming, theft and counterfeit projects. 

Yes if you make more research you will be a step closer to understanding that you have to keep yourself safe.

It is very easier to avoid theft scam or any other loss of funds. the great tip is that you don't have to trust someone we only get scammed when we trust other people. don't share your email, password for your account and pincode with anyone over the internet. so you can easily avoid theft scam or any other loss of funds.

You should keep in mind that there are many scammers circulating in the market and they steal your personal data quit easily. I recommend you to make your accounts secure do not show in public 

Some programs have malicious viruses, and these viruses can enter your account and steal the data in it, some of these programs transmit what happens on the screen step by step to the pirated person, pay attention to this.

We have to avoid unknown link

They are the most of the reason for hacking

We have to secure our account by using a very strong password also we can use two factor verification so that no one can log in on our id     

Sorry I have no experience about this metter. Because I am newbies in this forum. But I need to know clearly about this metter. If anyone know about this metter then please tell me

Excellent post! Thanks for the tips, I can add that you can use the resources granted by some wallets, such as two-step verification, add your phone number or using the Google authenticator

I agree with the OP besides that we can improve security by not accessing the website and always use bookmarks for important websites. Sometimes trivial things can make us lose the assets we have

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

Don't visit or go to untrusted URLs. Have an anti-virus installed on your laptop if you're using one. When sending money, don't copy and paste your wallet address, write it down letter by letter and number by number just like I do.

To avoid theft i think you should always become Very  careful everytime without careful maybe your information will be licked and i think never share your password to anyone.  

The most important thing is not to share your personal information or your passwords with websites and people you don't know and trust..don't sign up with all websites with the same password..some websites maybe scam and then it will steal your accounts..

yes and also keep the key on the safest place you can keep , i prefer to keep it traditional way in the paper ( on notebook) than key saving electronic apps

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

In my opinion we have to made strong password and we have to careful of our account because there are many scamee in here. They can creat problem we have to avoid them. So we need to be carefu. Thank you        

You create a strong password in your yobit and crypto account.  Do not share your password with anyone ... If someone has sent you a link you do not know, then do not take this link.  Keep your password confidential.

In fact, I have no experience in this matter.  However I am curious about this issue.  Because it would be good for me to know and learn and learn a lot.

To defend your particular billfold, I am sure all people comprehend. When you fixed a robust code in addition to one of a kind code intended for cryptocurrency, next to the Safeguarded Process, will likely be superior. Defend By yourself by Currently being Greedy On the list of the reason why consumers are fooled or maybe hacked.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:40 PM, Yasirkha said:

Yes, if we want our personal data to be protected, of course we have to make the safest key. Make a password on paper and later if you forget we can see it again, offline wallet is also good to avoid scammers.

We can also have an duplicate for our private keys because if there is a tendency that you are lose your private key, you have an extra one to be used. Happy posting everyone.

To be safe also remember to follow these:

- Do not download software for airdrops, unless you do research first and find out from various different sources that the software is safe

- Do not install extensions, do research first

- Do not sent KYC to ICO's, shady exchanges, airdrops and bounties. It would be better if you managed not to ever sent ID or passport online

- Secure your funds according to what the op said. It's good advice.

Scamming, theft of funds or loses this cannot be avoided, because scammers will be always looking for new ways of scamming, but you have to ask how can we reduce them all 

Thank you for helping us how to avoid scammers ! I think this topic is very important for all the members not just for the beginner here !