Used graphic cards from minining industry - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Potatoes

Used graphic cards from minining industry

Guys, as there is big number of used 1080 GPUs in the market, I am wandering how safe is buying them (with no warranty). Common knowledge says that miners treat their graphics cards much better than players. On the other hand, GPUs are being used 24/7. Any idea how to safe-check such purchase?

Its always a gamble unless you know the person who used the card and how he treated it. When cards are kept relatively cool(under 70c) and dust free then the card has close to no wear on it and can still run for many more years. The only things that break down on a well kept card are the fan bearings but they're all replaceable and cheap from Aliexpress. I've changed a few on my 1080TI's without a problem. 

3 hours ago, Sunil Kum said:

The mining need strong hardware based computer with strong graphic processing unit installed .The best graphic card is NvIdia GTX 1070 which is helpful in performing high graphic tasks.

you are right dear if we haven't have best hardware  we can not mining easy so we must have strong computer, so thats why company introduced 1st graphics card NVIDIA 1070 this card is best card.   

On 12/16/2019 at 7:31 PM, Potatoes said:

Guys, as there is big number of used 1080 GPUs in the market, I am wandering how safe is buying them (with no warranty). Common knowledge says that miners treat their graphics cards much better than players. On the other hand, GPUs are being used 24/7. Any idea how to safe-check such purchase?

That will be your luck if after you bought the GPU, you can use it for mining in a long time because the graphics cards are already used by other people, and they sold it to you because you want to try to mine the coin. If you have a budget, I suggest you buy a new GPU in any store you like because you will get the benefits of purchasing the new GPU. You will have a warranty from the store, and if something terrible happens, you can replace the GPU with the other new GPU without paying another money.

On 12/16/2019 at 10:31 PM, Potatoes said:

Any idea how to safe-check such purchase?

You need to be able to perform some heavy load test while present on place. I. e. Furmark or just your favourite miner. As had been noted earlier the fans can be worn, but these can be fixed for a small price..

cooling fan is imperative to cool the gpu in light of the fact that they are being utilize constantly with respect to the designs card in such a case that you purchase gpu that has as of now beign utilized by another person you don't know for which coins he utilized it for simply purchase new one and know its fitting use

On 12/16/2019 at 8:31 PM, Potatoes said:

Its depend on how long that video card been used, if the owner is really careful and always ensure that the video card is good then you can buy it. But if you think the price is really low there is a chance that some part of it is already been broken.

Your information is very valuable and useful, and certainly everyone who is interested in mining work, especially beginners, will benefit from it

In order for us to have a successful mining process, we must have a very strong hardware and energy source, this is the only way to get excellent money from mining.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

For mining cryptocurrency, you need to invest a lot of money. You have to build a super computer with higher configuration. You also need a faster internet connection and graphics card.You have to invest minimum money for trading. If you want to mine then you have to invest a lot of money.

It is quite difficult to say. Because the previous user may be used it for some evilwork or something else. And if you use this  maybe there is a possibility to get in trouble. So i recommend not to use it. 

I do not trust these cards because, since a while ago, I encountered some fraudsters who wanted to enter their own platform and mine by using these cards, provided that these cards are from their platform exclusively and I did not understand their true goal of this restriction

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

without the warranty it made me a bit worried because I was afraid when there were any errors I could not return them or get a free repair. Buying old GPUs from close acquaintances is safer. I don't have much experience so I'm not sure how to test it, see how long it has been used and still works well?

Hmm, buying a used one is not a sensible thing, so you need to take risks and risk is always an excessive waste of money, are you sure you want to do this?

Well, it depends... If a card you buying worked in a good temp conditions, there was no fans failure and you can test it with furmark before spending money for it, - you golden. If a card has (or had) broken fans the likelihood that the card has experienced overheating increases greatly and you could find yourself with a burnt card shortly after purchase.

We've been through the rise and fall of cryptocurrency mining using GPUs several times now—first in 2011 with Radeon HD 5870/5850 cards and Bitcoin (SHA256), then in 2013 with Radeon R9 290X/290 and Litecoin (Scrypt) and other alt-coins (X11, X13, etc.), and now we appear to be nearing the end of the Ethereum (Dagger-Hashimoto / Ethash) craze—maybe. Historically, the mining boom and bust leads to many formerly ambitious miners deciding it's time to pack up camp and sell their equipment. That can be good news for gamers looking to pick up a relatively cheap used graphics card, but it raises an important question: Do you actually want to take the chance on buying a used GPU that's been mining 24/7 for many months?

Buying used always has its risk, I would investigate well what card I buy, what was it used for? how long did they use it? how does it work? but of course the price that you are going to buy depends on.
I don't know what others think?

In any case, if you buy used, I hope everything will turn out excellent. 😄

• +3 1

On 16.12.2019 at 15:31, Potatoes said:

You can buy them for the really low price and it is cool, BUT if you understand NOTHING in fixing GPU and how gpu works. If not-do not buy them

Today it is very unprofitable to mine with few graphics cards and more if they are old.
In order to obtain a good return, it is necessary to invest a lot to buy equipment