Bitcoin is old school already 😐 - Page 6 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
wilbertson

Bitcoin is old school already 😐

I don't see why pos will make Bitcoin better. The decentralized pow that has been running for years since start works, I don't see a reason that pos will make bitcoin work in a better way. The other coins are more or less the same as Bitcoin with small differences. It is not the pos that make them to be better unless they come up with more decentralized pos and make them more secure.

• +2 1

I don't think this is correct at all, in fact there is no fight between Bitcoin and altcoins, except from what some people like here beleive that it is old news and there are some better, but the POS hasn't proven something to be better, instead it gives a different governance system that could work, or not, we will have to see the big one Ethreum and see how it will perform with POS.

I think bitcoin is the worldwide no1 crypto currencies but is high in making transection but those little coins under bitcoin are less and i think the Bitcoin value should also be less indeed, so that member of exchange will benefit more

Bitcoin is old, but still a favorite and bitcoin is still the leader in the cryptocurrency market, altcoin prices are very dependent on bitcoin prices. Although bitcoin has high transaction fees as well as slow speeds, I think the high price is worth the transaction fees. the speed is still slow because it secures every transaction from bitcoin. I still choose bitcoin as a long-term investment over other altcoins that have transaction speeds but the price doesn't change.

• +1 1

You are right. Bitcoin is still the oldest and most used currency among all currencies because of that, it still has the largest price between digital currencies and the price of other currencies depends on it.

• +1 1

The issue is who can create bitcoin at this moment. Regarding innovation propels in bitcoin can without a doubt be supposed to be old fashioned, yet observing the higher network makes me think what actually needs improvement. From what I know, improvement can likewise have terrible outcomes.

Bitcoin is old school, the important thing is that its value never goes down like a new coin. Even though new coins had many advantages, they continued to lose value and became worthless. Then what's the point in speed and new technology if you don't have a big price tag. Old school is better but it has its advantages and whoever wants it.

It is only 10 years since the establishment of the bitcoin. Bitcoin depends on mining while there are other coins that depends on POS. It is no. 1 crypto currency. It has first transaction. 

• Useful or interesting 1

I think that Ethereum is one that is making good steps with the change to proof of stake that may proven to be more efficient and even in decentralization with Bitcoin. While I don't think that Bitcoin is old school and anything like obsolete, the blockchain technology as it is for more than ten years, it has scalability issues. This may be fixed with second layer networks that could run above Bitcoin and perform transactions faster and cheaper.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:14 PM, wilbertson said:

It as only been 10 years since the establishment of the bitcoin, but there have not been much developement on the bitcoin since 8 years ago. Bitcoin depends on mining while there are other coins that depends on POS.

New coins are created with advancements on the matters of fees and fast transactions while bitcoin remains the same.

This is proof enough that bitcoin has become old school already.

We need people to take over the project and advance it.

You think Bitcoin is old school. But Bitcoin is still young to me.  Because it has been operating in the crypto world for only 10 years.  And it will only get old when it is over 50 years old.  That's why I call Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies young.  However, the journey of Bitcoin will not end easily.

Bitcoin isn't that old school cos its just 10yrs away from it launched day, and beside bitcoin will still be the same every year but it value will never be the same as of the past years.

• +1 1

On 12/5/2019 at 4:14 PM, wilbertson said:

New coins are created with advancements on the matters of fees and fast transactions while bitcoin remains the same.

This is proof enough that bitcoin has become old school already.

Ok then, since you have such a convincing argument you should be in new coins because they have fast transactions and better fees. Nobody forces you to be in Bitcoin, however when you invest you should focus on everything, because you just given two characteristics only and forgotten many more, which were what brought Bitcoin were it is today.

• Useful or interesting 1

Not old school at all, it is cutting edge technology and you haven't done good research if you are saying that, probably you are just trying to promote your garbage bag full of xrp and other altcoins that do nothing, and have been convinced they are better technology.

I respect any opinion, however you are always going to be judged by what you say, so your path is some altcoins which without having the technical knowledge to read the code you think they are most modern from Bitcoin. Do you perhaps see there is something wrong there with this point you are trying to make?

the price of bitcoin has risen in fictional proportions, and for me, investment in bitcoin is the best over the past century, now the role over other currencies. I think so many countries not no bitcoin very well like another platforms established, bitcoin journey now started its take more time to say old school.

I recently heard from my friends that Bitcoin is old, but Bitcoin will come up with an update very soon and will grow at a faster rate with that transaction I think many people are working to make Bitcoin faster and faster I congratulate those who are working on this topic

Bitcoin has already created the history. OP says Bitcoin follow PoW and other coins follow PoS, actually there are still so many altcoins to follow PoW algorithms. PoS is genuine and another innovative concept but Bitcoin is Bitcoin and still remains as the most valuable asset by winning over the all obstacles on its own way. Yes, it is already old school to inspire so many altcoins to evolve in this world.