Allow me to lock my topics - Page 10 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Allow me to lock my topics

Spammers are everywhere, and they copy the comments of members, to get a quick profit, but the forum management is fighting them and it is good to ban their accounts permanently, as for deleting your topic I hope that the forum administration will find a solution so it is not fair to delete the topic completely for the sake of a bad member It sends spam.

Yes, i totally agreed with the suggestion. Number of spammers are is incredibly interesting at the forum and they are filling the useful topics with unnecessary and misleading information. This is totally immoral and unethical and unacceptable. The moderators and administrators should lock the topics once the limit increases.

• +1 1

This will be good for a members to moderate and take control of their topics and that can easily give power to those incharge of a topics to report any act of forum  violation or they will be held responsible to the actions. 

• Useful or interesting 1

I am good with lock your own topic if you think you already get answers or ideas but modifying topic like deleting other posts or always editing your topic is not good. Moderators role is to make this forum better by checking our posts and topics. That is why i do not think if we need to have self-modify 

• +1 1

I think this opportunity to lock own topic will be very useful, because after DLRS airdrop there are still a lot of spammers and users who abuse cryptoralk reward system. Sometimes topics become overloaded and it`s impossible to communicate there 

That is the feature needed now. There should be an overview for the topic creator. There are many old topics that should be locked now cause many  replies are have been there. And also those post are backdated. Like doesn't need to reply now but still many are replying them. So i guess the right should be given to the poster to look over his topic if its not deleted.

• +1 1

As far as I might be concerned, I figure we don't a lot of need that on the grounds that for me that is for the mediators occupations. Be that as it may, if would be executed soon, I concur too in light of the fact that it could assist the arbitrators with dealing with those subjects.

I think that locking topics is only for the officials, but it is a good idea to allow us to lock our topics because sometimes our question on the topic is answered by one of the members, then who should be allowed to lock the topic because we got the answer.

• +1 1

I do not think that your topic is been deleted due to the replies on it they are been deleted because of the content in that topic if it is not worth keeping they just delete it. You would not be able to safe your topic after putting a lock on the replies.

Who told you, my friend, that the topic is deleted due to the large number of responses and spam. This is not correct, but according to the quality of your topic and that it is far from repetition
 The moderators are responsible for closing the topics and they are more aware of the interest in that

• +3 1

Your not suppose to lock your topics because some people benefit from them even though you didn't found them benefited to people a lot are benefit from it so please don't lock them.

I agree with you, my friend, as the author of the post must have all the powers over his post and be able to delete or block it. Also, comments written in error cannot be deleted easily. I hope that the administration gives us the right to delete the comment, or our post, and lock it.

I think your point is valid enough. Locking our topics would really be helpful to us, as we that spammers just copy paste it. But I think if we provide good  quality content the admins would not delete the posts. As all the admins work on keeping the best.

Yes this is a good idea to lock our topics and our topic name also be locked by the help of this forum rules. By the help of this no one can copy paste of that topic so it can be useful for us or it can be useful for this forum.

Like I made a topic of any post , when it locked then no one can copy my work so It will benefit for us and good for this forum

Edited by Raeeskhan517
  • +3 1

If everyone could lock their topics, then you wouldn't get an open discussion. That's kind of what a forum really is an open discussion, so I don't think that would be a good idea.

• +5 1

There's no any feature in cryptotalk forum that's will allow you to lock your topic and I don't think is necessary to lock topics. The admin and moderators will deal with spammers that's not work.

Yeah every member want's that to access there posts, but that will harm the forum because meany members just close there topics after some days and that will not get enough discussions from the members, since the forum it a place for discussion its better to stay that way.

I am sure that this is a big problem, and the fact is that we want to delete our comment or post , but unfortunately, the system does not allow us to do this, and this becomes an unpleasant situation. After all, we want to act differently, but we have to adapt to the forum.

On 11/15/2019 at 3:24 AM, hexwin said:

I would like to ask Admins and Moderators to allow people to lock Topics.

I see spammers are filling many topics with copy/paste.

I report them.

Moderators delete my Topic.

I an not to blame for other people shitposting and copy/paste, so why would my topic be deleted?

I want to self moderate my topics, and lock them if I want.

Thanks

If one has the ability to block his topic because of spammers who cause a lot of filthy content in the topic it would of have been good and i hope the moderators should give such opportunity in the forum.

i understand your point and it's true but if you can use this feature in the right way then not everyone is like you so admins can't give it to members and that's why if there were a huge spamming contents on a topic , the topic itself will be deleted because it's hard for admins to check all the pages , the only solution is to make topic that its idea can keep being discussed over time without fearing of spammers

• +4 1

As the forum getting popular day by day and the number of members are increase also the number of scammer has increased.They are violating tge rules and copy pasye others content and plagiarism has increased a lot.Ghats why most of pur comments got deleted due to this so the moderator should think about is and should come up with a solid solution for this problem and also Your advice could also be observed.

• +3 1