Be prepared for the worse - Page 2 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Be prepared for the worse

Really if we stop to think, we move our assets through the computer that needs the internet, which is open to all kinds of users from the most lax to the savvy, like hackers, so the really safest way for me is always keep on one device or better on more than one offline device where you and someone else you trust, friend or family member would have access to. It sounds simple, but I would already feel safe.

I am very ready if bad things will happen in my life, I will never be afraid of bad things happening to me, so I will always be ready to run it and will never be afraid.

This method will protect my paper wallet:
First, I will make a duplicate. The first copy will be coated with plastic, and then I will stick it on the wall. Next, I will cover it in my walls with wallpaper. The first copy is safe.
I will keep the second copy in the book pages or maybe on the wall clock. Now both copies is safe. 
But that is not the way I do it. That method is "common". I even kept it open, but nobody even knew that it was my seed word. In this world, there are many ways to maintain and disguise secrets. You have to find it. You can even save it on the moon.  Then pick it up instantly with your rocket. Hopefully, after you read my post, you will get inspiration in protecting your private key from thieves. Note: several unique method combinations will appear under your mind now. However, always give the magic word to you family. 

I hope you guys see and understand my point.

Edited by lucky80

On 10/17/2019 at 12:17 PM, xBDT Script said:

Okay I was asking a question yesterday to the community that "What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy?". Here is the topic.

The goal was to create awareness of about the situation like this and looking at the responses I would say there are enough buzz surrounding it. But my main goal was to discuss about the ways we can do so that we do not see us in a situation like this. How do we do that.

This is how I would do:

1. Instead of one copy, I would print more than one copy of my seed. (say two more copies)

2. I would put one copy in the safe box in a secure place of course (this is where the thief will get the printed copy with other valuable things)

3. The rest two copy will go to the 4 person I know but they do not know each others. I will cut off each paper into two. each side will contain 6 words of my 12 words pass phrase. Each copy will be sending to those each individuals. 

This is my way to avoid a situation like I have explained on that topic. Feel free to read that topic if you have not read it and let me know your idea of protecting your asset.

Thank you.

This way is also good. you can go with some more option like keep all your important data's in a offline computer which you use very rarely and keep it away from using it in regular way. So like this you can keep your data's safe and when you need to do anything to data s that time you can check and use it. For your regular work you can use separate computer which even if got affected you wont be in problem.

Try to avoid the scam offers and downloading files from unknown sources.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:25 AM, wilbertson said:

I prefer making paper wallets, clamming the public and secret keys on my head then i eat the paper. Lost few wallets that way though, but the safest. 😁

If this technique could be perfected then it could be problem solved. I think to take some serious from what you said. Paper wallets are the way to go. Funny non the less. 

On 10/16/2019 at 11:47 PM, xBDT Script said:

Okay I was asking a question yesterday to the community that "What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy?". Here is the topic.

The goal was to create awareness of about the situation like this and looking at the responses I would say there are enough buzz surrounding it. But my main goal was to discuss about the ways we can do so that we do not see us in a situation like this. How do we do that.

This is how I would do:

1. Instead of one copy, I would print more than one copy of my seed. (say two more copies)

2. I would put one copy in the safe box in a secure place of course (this is where the thief will get the printed copy with other valuable things)

3. The rest two copy will go to the 4 person I know but they do not know each others. I will cut off each paper into two. each side will contain 6 words of my 12 words pass phrase. Each copy will be sending to those each individuals. 

This is my way to avoid a situation like I have explained on that topic. Feel free to read that topic if you have not read it and let me know your idea of protecting your asset.

Thank you.

Man! 😁

How much cryptocurrency you have, like a 1,000 Bitcoin or 10,000 Bitcoin? 😁

"The rest two copy will go to the 4 person I know but they do not know each others" 😁

Honestly long time I did not read funnier topic, looks like good thriller movie. 😁

I dont want to be rude, but man which member will use this method? 😁 And why will use if he/she have like half of Bitcoin or 1 Bitcoin. There are a lot simpler way to keep your cryptocurrency safe, of course not 1,000 Bitcoin or more than some smaller amount.

This "tutorial" is for "bigger fish" not for members here which is here to earn some cryptocurrency for posting. 😉

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

I will do your idea if I have more than 100 bitcoin in my wallet. I think copying and dividing these words is all done so that your wallet is safe, considering the difficulty and risk taken. As I said it is only feasible to do with a wallet that has a lot of funds, or a wallet that you want to keep for a very long period of time, maybe more than 10 years.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:10 AM, kotopes7 said:

I prefer making paper wallets, clamming the public and secret keys on my head then i eat the paper. Lost few wallets that way though, but the safest....

Your method is not safe. You can forget about your seed word easily. There is a reason why humans make notes.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:05 AM, nasipadang said:

I will do your idea if I have more than 100 bitcoin in my wallet.

You will never know that. I hope you will have 100 Bitcoin soon. And when the time comes, you already know what to do.

2 hours ago, lucky80 said:

You will never know that. I hope you will have 100 Bitcoin soon. And when the time comes, you already know what to do.

Thanks for the hope and hopefully it can happen. honestly I don't currently have a problem with storing my assets, because for the long term I keep it in a ledger wallet. hope they can accumulate to 100 BTC.

I'm always prepared for the worst and even tho I don't have that big of portfolio but I always be careful with my password and try to not keep them.online and also do my 2fa to keep everything more secure. 

22 hours ago, nasipadang said:

Thanks for the hope and hopefully it can happen. honestly I don't currently have a problem with storing my assets, because for the long term I keep it in a ledger wallet. hope they can accumulate to 100 BTC.

You are welcome, friend. That is also my hope for all of us here. Yes the price of a ledger wallet is not high. We should invest a little for security. But still, we must prepare for the worst time. So we have to save the seed word safely.

10 hours ago, Naga said:

I'm always prepared for the worst and even tho I don't have that big of portfolio but I always be careful with my password and try to not keep them.online and also do my 2fa to keep everything more secure. 

Nice move. We don't need to have a broad portfolio to strengthen security. Precisely by accustoming and valuing small assets, we can avoid significant losses.

• Useful or interesting 1

8 hours ago, wilbertson said:

If you live around people who knows about cryptocurrency it is nit safe to keep your hard copies around.

I think it shouldn't matter who you live around because the word will always get out if you are a trader you will slip and tell someone.  So its better to be safe and secure your wallet and accounts. 

1 hour ago, wilbertson said:

Telling someone but that one gas no experience when it comes to cryptocurrency, they will have no interest in stealing your coins, so my point still holds.

Its your account and your funds and I'm not telling you what to do but only suggesting that you be careful because you don't know if there is a hacker targeting you or not. Read about the guy who lost 1 million from his account in bittrex and how the hacker tracked him and hacked him.

Yes guys we should always prepared for the worst or anything that could happen to us. So if something bad happens to us we are prepared and the cause of it may not be huge as we expect. 

I agree we aren't always secured that's why you should always be careful. You should always have a backup. I always have 2 account because when you only have 1 and all your money is there when it gets hacked you lose it all when you have two you split your money so that when the other one gets hacked you still have a backup and not lose all your money.

What OP saying is one of many ways that we can do to protect our wallet and our assets. I am sure we have our way to protect our wallet so if something worse happens, we can know what we must do and we can recover the assets to our new wallet. We can search for more ways to know what the other way to protect our wallet so we can prevent from now on and we have another solution if our way is not to work. If we can do that, I am sure that there is nothing to worry because we can use one of the many solutions that we already get.

It is a clever way, but it is complicated and a bit difficult. This method can work when you have large sums of money and are afraid of losing it and then you will be forced to such complications. In the case of small amounts of money, I would like to encode a relative Manual way no one understands except me and I think that's enough.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:11 AM, Naga said:

Read about the guy who lost 1 million from his account in bittrex and how the hacker tracked him and hacked him.

Kindly share the link, mate. I want to read the story. 

On 12/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, Crypto123 said:

This method can work when you have large sums of money and are afraid of losing it

It will work in any amount. And yes people should feel scared rather than feel pressured when their money is stolen 

On 12/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, Rodaniev lovowtsky said:

If we're afraid of losing such amount of money, that's good self reminders because most traders who seek more opportunity fell on that situations of not thinking before acting. Our actions will prevail, once there's wrong moves done at a wrong time.

I think that too because being afraid to lose our money always drive us to make better trades and not to be to greedy with profit taking. And once you make one mistake in trading you make sure you don't do it again.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:01 PM, Hamk said:

Such situations usually arise in ehich you don't know where you even keep a copy of your seed or post it. Then you should keep in in many copies for sure you will remember one

In which situation, mate? I don't get it which post you are replying. We are talking about securing the wallet seed. However keeping many seed copies is dangerous. I don't recommend such way.

1 hour ago, Hamk said:

I am also talking about securing your wallet. A situation can arise in which you saved your seed for so long amd even forgot where you stored it. Am i right?

Ok. but you suddenly replying without quoting anyone, and that makes me confuse. Like I said before, keeping more duplicate of seed words will take more risk to get exposed. Or maybe you have more ways to secure these bunch of seeds?

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:47 AM, xBDT Script said:

I got an I idea, instead of people, why not spread the secret key into half and send one to google drive cloud and the other to one drive cloud storage, so that neither google nor Microsoft can steal your coins.

9 hours ago, teminalibug said:

I got an I idea, instead of people, why not spread the secret key into half and send one to google drive cloud and the other to one drive cloud storage, so that neither google nor Microsoft can steal your coins.

Maybe this is a good idea. But by doing this method, you are ready to accept the risk of centralization. Do you understand what I mean?

11 hours ago, Diggy said:

You mean you will memorize the secret keys?  It's hard to that and I think you need some copy. 

That is why people find notes about technology. We can not read a note from a dead brain yet, lol. You are responding to a nonsense man and maybe too greedy and bring his coin to his grave.

14 hours ago, lucky80 said:

Maybe this is a good idea. But by doing this method, you are ready to accept the risk of centralization. Do you understand what I mean?

Absolutely nit, I do not understand what you mean, how could me spiting my secret keys to different could storage is accepting the risk of centralization?