Be prepared for the worse - Page 6 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Be prepared for the worse

52 minutes ago, malik6314193 said:

This is a good strategy to avoid loss of your private keys. But it is very long and difficult process. Because if one of your friend loss your provided jey you will not open the wallet. 

The best way to back up private keys is to write it down on paper in duplicate, keep it safe in two locations and not inside safe but a place even thrives will not be able to access. Also, instead of backing up private keys why not seed phrase which is easy to write down. 

It's very important to do a backup of your seed phrase because you never know when you want it. I also always creates two to three backup copies of my seed phrase and placed it on multiple secure places because if I forget one place then I can have it from another.

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 11:04 AM, hexwin said:

I would make sure to have both backup for my seed words and/or private key and password (if you have it)

Use some metal plates to carve your seed words to protect them from fire, or put backup in multiple safe palces that are protected from fire and water.

That's a good idea mate we must put our back up seed phrase in safe environment or save them on metals as you said to protect them from fire and we must print many of them.

• +1 1

On 6/17/2020 at 4:44 AM, George10 said:

That's a good idea mate we must put our back up seed phrase in safe environment or save them on metals as you said to protect them from fire and we must print many of them.

Writing seed phrase on metallic sheet or on fireproof material are the best but writing it on paper and laminated it is also a good option. 

On 6/26/2020 at 10:42 AM, Yomose said:

Writing seed phrase on metallic sheet or on fireproof material are the best but writing it on paper and laminated it is also a good option. 

I like your idea, if written on metallic sheet, it will be fireproof to an extend and also water proof, this is a very good option. I have mine written on paper, and not laminated, I will prefer to go to your options. 

• +1 1

On 6/27/2020 at 8:03 PM, DiamondBit said:

I like your idea, if written on metallic sheet, it will be fireproof to an extend and also water proof, this is a very good option. I have mine written on paper, and not laminated, I will prefer to go to your options. 

So far you laminate it, there is nothing bad, but be careful of it to be safe. Burying it underground is the best method I have known known. 

• +1 1

51 minutes ago, Yomose said:

So far you laminate it, there is nothing bad, but be careful of it to be safe. Burying it underground is the best method I have known known. 

You are just so correct, be it metallic sheet backup or backup on laminated paper, what is most important is how intruders can not access it and how to protect it from damage, I strongly recommend your idea.

• +5 1

Save our personal information in safe place its really great idea, because once we loss this information we cannot recover, especially our crypto wallet details but I don't think send this information in our friends its safe side,why not use Google drive pen drive are write in note pad it's better option to store this information.

• +1 1

14 hours ago, Honny143 said:

Save our personal information in safe place its really great idea, because once we loss this information we cannot recover, especially our crypto wallet details but I don't think send this information in our friends its safe side,why not use Google drive pen drive are write in note pad it's better option to store this information.

Personal information or information like backups?

On 4/11/2020 at 6:18 PM, Maroua said:

Great tips for beginners to take precautions, taking more than one copy is a good way to keep your account, these precautions are preventive so as not to waste the money you earned hard.

There is no money that could be involved than buying antimalware, if talking about phones, I do not think there is any need for anti malware as they have their own anti malware, what is most important is to browse safely. 

On 10/17/2019 at 5:13 PM, hexwin said:

Passwords is just one more layer of security... something like people who use multisig wallets.😆
and can be good, like something Ledger have. I don't use it for Electrum, but I could.

Yes password is for security. I am using a  fingerprint wallet in my phone to make my wallet secured. In terms of keeping my password I am sending it to my social media account so that I would not forget it. I also write it in a secret notebook in case I forget my password in my social media account.

get an encrypted usb use the native encryption of such usb, once open use bitlocker to encrypt once more your usb, put your seed into a word doc protected by another password, and put that file into a winrar encrypted password. Do this twice and you will be okay, put those usb in two different locations.  pretty much your seed will be protected by 4 different password they should be strong passwords but easy for you to remember

To secure crypto in our cryptocurrency  wallets we need to care them with extra security layers. If you are using online wallets add 2fa security and do not store a large sum of money in online wallets use hardware wallets to protect your money to prevent losses. 

• +5 1

I also have the same asset protection as you, I'm usually quite secure with my wallet. I also try to be as careful as possible. If I lose it and can't find it, it means I've lost control of my money.

• +5 1

I'm always prepared for the worst and even tho I don't have that big of portfolio but I always be careful with my password and try to not keep them.online and also do my 2fa to keep everything more secure

You should always be prepared to face the situation.  Many traders have chosen the bad way out of greed to make more profit. More bad times come after us. We should plan in advance to overcome it.  In this our strength, courage, morale will all be fine.

I use Notepad only because it is easy to use and I can save any data there, not a joke. So now I keep my computer in my hands only, and this is my way, but it is safe so far.

• -1 1

Protecting our asset is very important, I have been thinking of ways I can protect my assets, especially bitcoin which can be lost if I am not careful, there are many people losing bitcoin and crypto assets because of carelessness. We should be able to avoid scam and hack of any form to protect crypto assets. 

I don't use online wallets whenever possible. I usually use desktop files and store them on an external storage device. If you use online wallets, you should always pay attention to the link address. When using online wallets, there is a high probability of getting on a phishing site.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:12 AM, CryptoMaxim said:

I don't use online wallets whenever possible. I usually use desktop files and store them on an external storage device. If you use online wallets, you should always pay attention to the link address. When using online wallets, there is a high probability of getting on a phishing site.

So far you use desktop, that means you use online wallets, only wallets that are not online are offline wallets, examples are paper and hardware wallets.  

I only use notepad because easy to use and I can save any data in there, not joking. So far I keep my device only in my hand, trust no one even my best friend to handle my device. I can't like you, this is my way but safe until now.

As much I concern prepare for unseen issues should be an action always put in place in other to handle/control matter arises, it would be of better option to write your recovery phrases, password, private keys on a paper and file in a document rather store it on google drive as email message that when need arise you can access it freely and not losing of assets

• -2 1

This is a good strategy to avoid loss of your private keys.But it is very long and difficult process.I also always creats two to three backup copies of my seed phrase and places it on multiple places.

• +3 1

2 hours ago, Nomigg said:

This is a good strategy to avoid loss of your private keys.But it is very long and difficult process.I also always creats two to three backup copies of my seed phrase and places it on multiple places.

This is the best to do, some people do make back up on their phones or computers which is very wrong. Having backup offline in a shit of paper will be good, and having like three backups will be good in order to be able to recover your wallet during wallet recovery. 

Well in terms of online wallets you should always keep your investments into separate wallets as it will protect you from losing all your funds invested in.

Basically the moment some exchange goes bankrupt or something else happens as for example getting hacked or running away with your funds, you will be able to still get most of them from other wallets.

Same case happens for offline wallets such as hardware ones where if you lose 1 hardware device you will still hold some of them from other wallets.

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/