What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy - Page 8 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy

If cryptocurrencies are legal in your country, you will need to first go and report to police, then you should make sure the thrive do not know your seed phrase, if he did not, he will not know what to do to get to the coins on the wallet. And always use passport so that the thief will not be able to use the wallet to spend your coins on it. You can recover your wallet using the seed phrase on another new wallet and input your seed phrase. 

If Bitcoin was stored on the exchange, it demanded that the stolen Bitcoin be returned and that the exchange compensated for the damage. On a personal wallet, you can only calculate the addresses where your funds went

On 10/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, xBDT Script said:

Say you have a bitcoin wallet and you have a printed copy with the seed. You stored in a safe deposit box and someday you discovered that the printed copy is not there with some other money you had there. I mean, someday you discovered that you someone stole everything from that deposit box. 

What will you do to get back your coins (assuming other things are not as much important as the coins you have)?

Let's share the idea of how we can see ourselves not to be a situation like this.

If your hardcopy has been stolen with your funds in the wallet, that's means you will not be able to return your stolen coins from the wallet also the one who stole them you cannot catch him.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

I think in this case there is nothing that you can do. You just have to try to forget about it, and that will teach you to be very careful the next time.

• +2 1

On 16/10/2019 at 14:13, xBDT Script said:

Digamos que tiene una billetera bitcoin y tiene una copia impresa con la semilla. Guardó en una caja de seguridad y un día descubrió que la copia impresa no está allí con algún otro dinero que tenía allí. Quiero decir, algún día descubrió que alguien robó todo de esa caja de depósito. 

¿Qué vas a hacer para recuperar tus monedas (asumiendo que otras cosas no son tan importantes como las monedas que tienes)?

Compartamos la idea de cómo podemos vernos a nosotros mismos para no ser una situación como esta.

One time something similar happened, but this happened because I lost my laptop and when I checked all my passwords I had them there, and when I decided to back up everything they had already tried to access my accounts, but luckily I was able to regain access without losing anything at all .

On 11/22/2020 at 12:20 PM, joemcgwa said:

If your hardcopy has been stolen with your funds in the wallet, that's means you will not be able to return your stolen coins from the wallet also the one who stole them you cannot catch him.

But if someone taking your hard copy it means you deserve to be stolen your funds, because if you keep it in a privately place there is no one can stole it. 

• +2 1

On 11/29/2020 at 9:21 PM, guatazoo said:

But if someone taking your hard copy it means you deserve to be stolen your funds, because if you keep it in a privately place there is no one can stole it. 

You are right because online hackers cannot steal something that's have been stored in physical life so if they have hacked the hard copy that's means it were stored somewhere online.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

The best thing is to keep backup copies of that in order for us to recover it if this happens because if we lose our money it is difficult to get it back and we must keep our information safe.

• +2 1

If this happens you should first see you private keys maually written but if you didmot do that or you dont have a backup you can do nothing beside regreat.no one cam help you if you told police the crypto is not known well and if they know the thief do not requires a day to access your wallet he will steal all money from wallet in a few minutes after theft.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:13 PM, xBDT Script said:

Say you have a bitcoin wallet and you have a printed copy with the seed. You stored in a safe deposit box and someday you discovered that the printed copy is not there with some other money you had there. I mean, someday you discovered that you someone stole everything from that deposit box. 

What will you do to get back your coins (assuming other things are not as much important as the coins you have)?

Let's share the idea of how we can see ourselves not to be a situation like this.

I don't know and I didn't think about it because I think that no one can steal my earning if I earn it by hard working. God will secure me.

Chances of this happening are very less, if it happens then your Money will be absolutely safe because it is safe in online wallet.If you soon come to know that your hard copy has been stolen, then you should consult online wallet authority at the earliest .So that he can understand your issue and you can also stop the transaction so that someone else can get your money.

If you lose the hard copy or someone stole it and he know well about what it is .Then my dear their is no way back .You will lose your everything .The earning of your life will be losted in few minutes and you can not do anything except crying.

This is very difficult to accept if it happens. First of all I will be relax my mind and think what can do with the help of wallet authorities we can recover private keys. If you have another copy of the mnemonic, you 'll be able to get your coins. 

• +2 1

Well it's so frustrating if that's happen to me, I might report it with some high authority.because I know the money has been stolen and I have no other way to get it back.

If thief has stolen your hard copy and he is well aware of that then you can not do anything .He will easily stole your all money and the only thing you can do is to shed tear on your lose.so keep it in secure place .

Only one thing you can do after this kind of situation that is learn from this mistake because after this kind of situation you can do nothing. There is no such system to reverse your transaction so be alert ⚠ in the future. 

There isn't anything that should be possible in that sort of circumstance since you can't turn around an exchange on the blockchain. The lone just thing you can do is to forget about it and ad lib on where and how you keep the store box and furthermore your printed copy

It gets to my heart , to see someone putting all his money and his trust in a wallet and be cheated by it. It is so sad that all of your earnings get stolen by malicious applications, developed by hackers who are so cruel that they deprive people from their savings. Something must be done , and I think there should be an authority to govern and take measures against such incidents. 

• +3 1

First of all i would like to tell you somethin that is would keep it in the safest place where no one can find it. It would be quite difficult for them to search it. The second important thing i would secure it with key characters features password so the theif can not have access of it.

In that case if you have a backup then you can enter that key before the thief enters and can change your password but if you don't have this kind of option then I don't think you can do anything except crying on the loss of your money 

Dear mate i think it is not possible to receive that copy from theif. According to my opinion we should save hard copy from theives. Because it is said that care  is better than cure. After losing a thing it is difficult to recover a lost thing.

20 hours ago, Hassan khalid said:

I think if someone had stolen the details from a safety deposit box that i had, then the first thing that i would do is that i wold withdraw all the funds from my crypto wallet and move it in to a new wallet or into a faucet site where i can then withdraw it to a new wallet once i create one. I would do that immediately. This is why i always activate two factor authentication to give me this slight time to move the funds in a case of a hack.

That is one of the best you can do if you withdraw your fund immediately. But if your seed phrase is kept safe and not accessible by the thief, nothing will happen. Using passphrase to also secure your funds on the hardware wallet will be good. I'm this case, if I am you, I will not bother to transfer my funds but to buy another hardware wallet and import my seed phrase. But you idea is createtoo. 

20 hours ago, Hassan khalid said:

and move it in to a new wallet or into a faucet site where i can then withdraw it

Why faucet wallet, I guess you are not right, there are safe and better wallets to move your funds. 

13 minutes ago, GanBin said:

That is one of the best you can do if you withdraw your fund immediately. But if your seed phrase is kept safe and not accessible by the thief, nothing will happen. Using passphrase to also secure your funds on the hardware wallet will be good. I'm this case, if I am you, I will not bother to transfer my funds but to buy another hardware wallet and import my seed phrase. But you idea is createtoo. 

That is the reason we shld secure our seed phrase and passphrase, if that attacker know about it, he will steal the funds before someone can be able to move to another wallet but not knowing about them will bring security. 

• +2 1

You can do nothing if he takes your hardcopy.Just try to be wise and not to do this mistake again.Learn from your mistakes.Good luck.