No buy or sell - work for it. - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

No buy or sell - work for it.

This has just popped in my mind.

We talk about buying or selling bitcoin. 

We talk about price prediction 

We get scared when the price against Dollar falls

We get excited when the price start to go upwards

Till now we only think that bitcoin is something we buy and sell.

Bitcoin invented as a currency so that we can use it for our daily trade. But the tx time and fees also the price volatility against the standard currency right now (which is obviously Fiat) made is not much suitable for daily trade but still it's is a better one then other currency still.

I was thinking why not we chance the mind set. Do we see people to talk to buy or sell USD or any other fiat (forex trading is something else)? We work for fiat and earn it. We find many ways to earn it. Such as job, business etc.

Why not we think the same for Bitcoin. Can we not work for it. Can we not get paid in our job using it. Can we not earn it from the business we have?

Thanks in advance to share your view.

• Useful or interesting 7
  • +1 9
  • +2 11
  • +3 4
  • +4 3
  • +5 4

I would gladly accept my salary in BTC, but unfortunately so many people are closed minded and see BTC as a pyramid scheme , banks trying to shut it down still in my country, even just making a crypto transaction at a certain bank, and ur card would get flagged, then they call u to answer questions about money laundering.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Just now, Caporetto said:

see BTC as a pyramid scheme

BTC as a pyramid scheme? That is something new to me. Where is the pyramid LOL

These people really does not have any basic about it.

5 minutes ago, clarityfund said:

probably don’t do it because of the fees or extra paperwork

Paperwork could be something explainable but fees are actually nothing say for example some will get $1,500 of bitcoin to be paid for the month. They are not going to do micro payment of course.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

Just now, xBDT Script said:

BTC as a pyramid scheme? That is something new to me. Where is the pyramid LOL

These people really does not have any basic about it.

Paperwork could be something explainable but fees are actually nothing say for example some will get $1,500 of bitcoin to be paid for the month. They are not going to do micro payment of course.

Yep they said you only invest it because you think its going to go up, and so many people think like you etc and thats how the pyramid begins (buy for guaranteed profits) ... they said its gonna crash down and gonna be ugly. Those people are sheeps and forever be poor anyway...

• +1 1
  • +2 1

1 minute ago, Caporetto said:

they said its gonna crash down and gonna be ugly. Those people are sheeps and forever be poor anyway...

Okay I got you. Well this group of people said the same when the internet invented. They said it's a bubble and it will burst anytime. In reality now life without internet for an hour will be disaster for the entire world.

2 minutes ago, clarityfund said:

I am fine with receiving my salary in fiat currency and then just buying BTC with a part of it on my own

Well this is not actually helping us in adoption. It's again going back to buy and sell.

• +1 1

You have a very great idea. It was also in my mind and from the beginning I am doing the same with my bitcoin but there are many traders who are getting bitcoin as a chance to earn a big amount of money with trade as right now it has a huge fluctuations. If in the future the fluctuations reduced then it may happen also in bitcoin.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Once it offered more by employers than we will see some more adoption. There's enough interest even now I think to support the argument that companies should offer it. Still gonna take some time but we are getting there.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

1 minute ago, clarityfund said:

You are right it won’t help us in adoption but I also don’t think of BTC as a currency that you use to pay at the grocery store. Not even in the future. I’d compare it to gold that you keep as an asset that could technically also be used to pay for stuff but is mostly there to preitet your wealth

I think you are wrong about the features of bitcoin. You may found it a little different than other currency but you also not have to forget that it is a currency of digital world and it will have the use as like the currency. If you search then you will find that the companies are adopting it as a payment source at a faster speed.

• +2 1

7 minutes ago, Playstreem said:

there are many traders who are getting bitcoin as a chance to earn a big amount of money with trade as right now it has a huge fluctuations.

Trading is just another profession like forex in fiat. So I would say those people are just doing a job or business when they are trading.

I’d compare it to gold that you keep as an asset that could technically also be used to pay for stuff but is mostly there to preitet your wealth

If we compare it with gold then there will be no use as regular currency. It totally goes for storing of value then which is not bad at all but I think a lot of us are interested to see it as currency though.

By the way, glad to see interesting thoughts are coming from the users. Keep going guys.

Edited by xBDT Script
  • +3 1

Just now, xBDT Script said:

Trading is just another profession like forex in fiat. So I would say those people are just doing a job or business when they are trading.

Then the people who are more related to forex will think that all people are using USD just for trade and only buy and sale is occurring in USD. In the same way we are more in contact with the trading community that is why we are thinking that there is only trade in BTC.

• +2 1

Exactly what I am thinking.,and I am earning Bitcoin every day in my work.

I created similar topic inspired with Andreas Antonopoulos words...
that we should EARN our Bitcoins.
You can also watch video:

Edited by hexwin
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

4 minutes ago, clarityfund said:

Just imagine 7 billion people using bitcoin for their everyday purchases. 1 satoshi would soon be worth more than 1$. Joe would you handle that? You couldn’t go to the store anymore to buy something worth 1.5$ for example

With that much adoption it is confirmed that the price of each satoshi will be over one USD. Till that time if the prices of the goods were the same as now then we will use these satoshis for our use of buying smaller things of worth around $1.5 . And if the issue will be of the transaction fees then there are a number of other currencies which will be used for that purpose. 

• +2 1

Just imagine 7 billion people using bitcoin for their everyday purchases. 1 satoshi would soon be worth more than 1$. Joe would you handle that? You couldn’t go to the store anymore to buy something worth 1.5$ for example

Well I think it's not an impossible dream we can dream for but to have that era we still need at least a hundred year if not few hundreds and I think a hundred years form now there will not be anything available that will cost 1.5$. We are looking at more money in circle at that time.

10 minutes ago, hexwin said:

You can also watch video:

Will be watching in short.

• +2 1

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well I think it's not an impossible dream we can dream for but to have that era we still need at least a hundred year if not few hundreds and I think a hundred years form now there will not be anything available that will cost 1.5$. We are looking at more money in circle at that time.

We can see that the digital currencies and especially bitcoin is developing very faster and the adoption is also with a fastest speed. So keeping this in mind I do not think that it will take a hundred years to reach to that level. It may take around a dozen years to reach to the mentioned stage. 

• +4 1

1 hour ago, xBDT Script said:

Why not we think the same for Bitcoin. Can we not work for it. Can we not get paid in our job using it. Can we not earn it from the business we have?

You know it's risky to accept crypto as a means of getting paid for work done because of the way it price fluctuates. I myself won't accept crypto as payment except I am going to exchange it instantly for fiat because I might get caught up in the middle of price dump when I'm busy with something else. 

Edited by Phash
  • +1 1
  • +4 1

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

7 minutes ago, clarityfund said:

A hundred years? I doubt it. In today’s modern world bitcoin could become a lot more popular than it is now  within a few decades in my opinion 

Okay let's put a variable X than 😊 

And I think on those days we will not find something to buy for a dollar hand half. People will go to the supermarket with few thousand dollar say may be $5k LOL for a days shopping 😆

5 minutes ago, phabulu said:

now we look at BTC more as an investment and not as money to use.

This is why I have created this topic so that we can change this mindset and think more it as a daily currency. Lightning network will surely help a lot.

• +1 1

1 minute ago, Dprincebh said:

no physical business has started paying in crypto

That is where we will need to work. We will need bitcoin based business, companies in our locals who will pay using it instead of bank or cash. The culture will surely take a long time and we certainly need to come out with the ideas as the pioneer of the industry.

• +3 1

Working for bitcoins would be good if lot of sites where paying people in it, this will increase the coin value and make it more accessible  to many people who can't afford to buy it and help bring stability to the market.

• +1 1

Yes .really its bad thats bitcoin becom  just a money for trading. Its will not be a really money if its like thats in the futur. 

• -1 1

maybe you are just using it for trading but there are lots of people in all around the world that use bitcoin as a normal currency to buy or sell things

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Yes, I think it's time to use bitcoin as payment for all jobs in the blockchain world. And it's time for blockchain startups or companies to respect their employees by paying using bitcoin. We could step to the other industry if the payment system became a successful model. This is what the entrepreneurs missed. They are not using the first blockchain product that has value and liquidity. 

• +2 1

actually, there is a company in canada, using crypto  to pay salary their workers. you can search on coindesk. so implemented bitcoin is started now. the reason many company not use bitcoin to because bitocin price is fluctuate. maybe they can use stablecoin to pay.

• +3 1

4 hours ago, cheewy said:

maybe they can use stablecoin to pay.

That will be a shame if anyone does. Stable coin and the printed fiat does not have any difference. I would rather take the cash if anyone ask me to give stable LOL

Yeah so far the price volatility is the main cause for bitcoin not to be accepted in a lot of forms of payments. May be in the future we will see a change. 

• +3 1

12 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

This has just popped in my mind.

We talk about buying or selling bitcoin. 

We talk about price prediction 

We get scared when the price against Dollar falls

We get excited when the price start to go upwards

Till now we only think that bitcoin is something we buy and sell.

Bitcoin invented as a currency so that we can use it for our daily trade. But the tx time and fees also the price volatility against the standard currency right now (which is obviously Fiat) made is not much suitable for daily trade but still it's is a better one then other currency still.

I was thinking why not we chance the mind set. Do we see people to talk to buy or sell USD or any other fiat (forex trading is something else)? We work for fiat and earn it. We find many ways to earn it. Such as job, business etc.

Thanks in advance to share your view.

A good question but as we know, most government have yet to accept crypto currency so using BTC as a means of payment for salaries and the likes might still be difficult even though people like you and I that already understand this will want it. It could happen years down the line as we see some stores where you purchase with BTCs so we will see someday where services will be paid for with BTC.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Yeah so far the price volatility is the main cause for bitcoin not to be accepted in a lot of forms of payments. May be in the future we will see a change. 

Unless there's a way to make bitcoin price more stable than what we are seeing now, btc or any other altcoin will remain a speculative bubble. Their prices will always be driven by news and speculations.

I would love to see though that bitcoins (or any other altcoins) will have a wide adoptation.

• +1 1
  • +3 1