Do you like KYC exchanges? - Page 29 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Consignee

Do you like KYC exchanges?

On 30.09.2019 at 18:39, Consignee said:

Recently I have gotten some coins from bounty which I did last year. These coins are listed in two exchanges, ----- and p2pb2b. Both of the exchanges are requiring to have KYC verification before I can trade. Is this good? I don't like KYC procedure. What about you?

You may like it or not but it's a must now at many Exchanges. The anti-laundry legislation in many countries demands you are verified before you can exchange your crypto into fiat and vice versa. Besides, many exchanges have limitations on the amount you can withdraw depending on you verification status. It's not good of course, but we can do nothing about it and have to live with it.

The damn anti money laundering legislations are going to make all our lives even harder, while the criminals will always find ways round them while rest of us suffer. Soon everyone including all the criminals can easily get hold of all our personal information.

Aunque no me gusta, creo que es necesario por seguridad, ya que de esta manera el intercambio tiene más control sobre las operaciones que realizan las cuentas y así evitar hacks o en caso de que suceda tomar las medidas necesarias a través del KYC de la persona.

The truth is, mmm I don't like exchanges that request kyc to use them at all, because it is no longer private because my name and all my identity card documents and everything appear in their database, in the event of a possible attack As hackers we are exposed to having our identity stolen as has happened on other occasions, the kyc of the exchanges should be eliminated for life in my humble opinion.

• +5 1

Yes, I like exchanges with KYC. I believe that this at least increases the security of my account (after all, even if I lose my mobile phone and email, I can restore my account by sending a selfie with my passport). Also, KYC makes it more difficult to launder money through cryptocurrency, and this is a clear plus (I am not against state regulation of this segment)

I like to verify myself through the KYC since with this the exchanges know that a person is not a bot and controls multiple accounts, obviously, the personal data of a person cannot be delivered to every website that asks for it.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, Consignee said:

Recently I have gotten some coins from bounty which I did last year. These coins are listed in two exchanges, ----- and p2pb2b. Both of the exchanges are requiring to have KYC verification before I can trade. Is this good? I don't like KYC procedure. What about you?

KYC is necessary for trading and to back your account if your account stolen and if you want to withdraw big amounts for money 

4 hours ago, nomercy7788 said:

I never wanted anything with KYC.

But as a bounty hunter i can't do anything but to follow the KYC if it is needed.

Taht is the life of bounty participants, even in exchanges you can't choose what to use or where to sign up

Is it really worth giving away all your KYC just to get bounties? You have to weigh up the gains with risks and protecting you identity could be worth a lot more.

Doing KYC for exchange platforms is quite safe, depending on the exchange of course, it is safe if the exchange is, not everywhere you can do exchange since it is very personal information and that can affect your security, you can still read the terms and KYC conditions to be sure what they will do with your information

Its a matter of who you can trust with your personal information and ID, but if you give them to too many places and sites then you can be sure they will eventually fall into the wrong hands.

I am very denier of KYC both for the use of exchange services and to claim airdrops, since what one seeks is to keep a low profile away from the visible, I think that something that this world of cryptocurrencies allows is the anomyth and the freedom of bureaucratic paperwork that banks have, that's why the KYC system is not my favorite, but something that I have to admit that knocks down my entire thesis, is that in staff cases it always comes out ahead when it comes to finding the scammer .

In fact, I hate that, but some AirDrops ask for that either for documenting the platform that you will receive on the currency or through the Airdrop site in general.

Creo que KYC es una buena medida para mantener seguras nuestras cuentas, ya que verifica tus datos, seas humano o no. También te dan una frase inicial que puedes guardar en caso de alguna emergencia o peligro. Además, al hacer esto, tiene muchas opciones para trabajar y retirar fondos a la billetera, lo que KYC le pidió que hiciera. Puede resultar muy agotador, pero muy seguro, con esto no tenemos nada que perder

This is a completely normal practice, the cryptocurrency market has long taken a path towards centralization. You have nothing to frustrate, the procedure is extremely simple.

On my side I do like KYC (Know Your Customer) because criminals and high-risk users can be identified and kept out of the platform. It helps in building trust and improves transparency. KYC also prevents incidents of hacks, scams and phishing of your fund and for others within the platform.

I think that nobody likes to perform the kyc, personally I think that it helps you to remove certain limits from your account but on the other hand I wonder, what do you do to my personal data, it can become a question event but it can be in cases necessary.

Edited by Michar1

I don't want to pass KYC at every exchange and website I'm using. It has to do with money so I get it some are need KYC to avoid laundering of money but I'm a simple user making $100 trades and withdrawals. This money does not require KYC for any reason not for gambling not for anything. I don't give my identity when I buy something with $100 in cash. This is ridiculous and makes trade online harder.

• +1 1

I didn't like any website I was using and they asked me for KYC. I was playing poker and betting on sports years ago in many platforms and I never did KYC. I could withdraw and deposit without a problem for years. All of them asked for KYC some time and I stopped using them. I can find some that don't ask for KYC but I'm not that interested in anything that is gambling after that and I quit. I wasn't losing money either it was just a principle. Why you let me stay for so many years and you come suddenly and ask for my identity. Only one answer they deserve and I've writen that answer to all of them. They lost not me.

• +4 1

I had to do KYC to send money to exchange and buy because when I looked how to buy I didn't find localbitcoins or forums. All my searches lead to Coinbase to buy with euro and a few more that were looking scams. I tried Binance too but it demanded debit card and I didn't want to send my card number to chinese. Really I wouldn't feel very good if I did that.

• +2 1

I don't like KYC but I understand that certain exchanges request it as a security measure. If it's a large exchange that I'm going to work with for a long time, I don't mind doing KYC

I fully trust serious exchanges and projects that require KYC. And I believe that my information will not be leaked to the public. On the contrary, I am sure that this will allow the project to trust me as a user and open up the full functionality. I am not a criminal to hide my personal information.

I don't like KYC exchanges for 2 reasons.
The first is that is contrary to the original spirit of Satoshi Nakamoto and the second because if hack a malicious person can use our personal data.
That's why I like exchanges like Yobit.
However I am on a KYC exchange just to buy crypto with fiat and only for that.

I prefer exchanges that don't ask for kyc. Some are asking for too much and we don't even know who is running them. This regulation that forces some exchanges to ask for identities is very wrong as no one cares how this identity is treated, they can sell our data to marketing or scammers and nobody knows.

• +2 1

If I like Kyc's exchanges, it's a way to rule out the lovers of multiple accounts and other crimes, another thing you shouldn't send to all platforms your personal documents, do an investigation first, make no mistake.