[GUIDE] How to sign a message from your Bitcoin address - Page 5 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
1millionClub

[GUIDE] How to sign a message from your Bitcoin address

it is the same with coinbase wallet if i am not wrong and other exchanges like binance and kucoin you really do not need to quote the entire post

• +3 1

I completely ignore that you could do that, I have a few days here but it is one of the few posts that has left me something

Cheers

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

Thanks for the tutorial, it is interesting to see this kind of thing that one can do. It is really helpful and it gives reliability to clients whom pay whit bitcoin!

• +2 1

Thank you for this great tutoria its very helpful for me as a beginner. 
I thought it was a little more complicated but it is very easy thank you for helping.

• +2 1

Wow, amazing thanks for question and thanks for all helpful comment really good guide to know how it is work, thanks for you all.

• +2 1

many thanks bro this information it is very useful and now i know how to use a cryptocurrency number, this information will be very useful beginners 

• +4 1

On 10/8/2019 at 9:42 AM, Consignee said:

That was a great tutorial for most of the user who are totally new here. Thank you for creating this tutorial. Would you mind editing the topic with this stake address so that users can stake an address here to follow a recovery step if needed in future.

Link- https://cryptotalk.org/topic/221-account-recovery-stake-any-address/

@epidemia Can you please sticky this tutorial?

Thank you very much for the link I will look at it and I will follow all the steps that are needed to have more experience in this field and above all pass that knowledge to my colleagues to my partners since it is a subject that we all need to know and learn in order to grow Thank you very much I will replicate this topic in my knowledge and I will learn every day from this

• +5 1

What a good guide, I really did not know that this could be done, a way to ensure more our btc, right? thanks really for the information you have won a heart

Hola, pero ¿esta confirmación es directamente de la computadora? Creo que es mucho trabajo en eso, más bien usa uno donde lo envíen directamente al correo y confirmen que más rápido, ahorras tiempo en configuraciones y disfrutas. Aprovecha, ¿qué billetera me recomiendas? Ahora tengo 3 que están aumentando sus costos de transacción

• +3 1

On 10/8/2019 at 8:31 AM, 1millionClub said:
Description: http://getinbitcoin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/3.png

In this post I’ll show you how to sign a message on the bitcoin blockchain. The process is more or less the same for the other coins.

To sign a message I am going to use the Electrum desktop light wallet. You can download it here.

Signing a message is important because you can use it as a proof of ownership of your funds, forum accounts or something else. By signing a message from an address you own and control, you make sure of that nobody can troll people for the things you didn’t do or say.

Here is how you do it,

Step 1:

Description: https://i.ibb.co/HCczN3M/1.png

Open electrum, click tools, from the menu click “sign/verify message”

Step 2:

Description: https://i.ibb.co/ZWysNZp/2.png

Fill the empty spots. Write a message about whatever you want to tell people. Write down your public address. (Only use the address that you own/control, otherwise it is not going to work!) Then click “Sign”

That’s it!

After you clicked “Sign” the program will generate your signature.

If you later click the “Verify” button, you’ll see a message “Signature Verified”

Description: https://i.ibb.co/ByB6g19/3.png

If you want to verify someone else’s message. You basically fill the empty spaces with the information s/he gave you and again you need to click “Verify” to see if  s/he is telling the truth or not.

I hope you'll find this information useful in someday.

http://getinbitcoin.com/2018/12/16/how-to-sign-a-message/

edit:

You can also practice this information you learned here:

This information is new to me, I am going to review this well and see how much it can be applied, is it something really new?

• +5 1

And how to find the lost bitcoins if the user has not received funds from the bitcoin transaction? Is it considered a theft, or due to the complexity of the network, the transaction stopped in the network and, accordingly, the user who set a low commission will never take it away?

To send messages from the Bitcoin address that follows you, you must first deposit to the address of your other wallet in the wallet to which you want to withdraw, and then you make a withdrawal according to the terms of the wallet. The withdrawal arrives within hours

I think this topic is very important, I had no idea that this could be done, it is very interesting since it is a proof of the legality of the funds that are owned, the tutorial is very good and well explained in my opinion, all beginners They should take time to read and apply it, it is always good to maintain the transparency of everything that is done, if the post is anchored that means that then the ideal is to do it as it is written, it is appreciated that it took time to write this post that is very useful for the forum.

• +5 1

Is this only for segwit bitcoin wallet? I have used this, but only to get the bitcoin address.and that you have your private key for that address...

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Thank you, I was spending some time with this, and I can  do it right now, sometimes we the newbies need a lot of information like this and other tutorías, to became a more effective member a maybe trader. 

• +3 1

I am a beginner here and it seems to me the topic is interesting, but I like to understand it well. I hope to clarify the program more and publish a post about it

• +1 1

Bitcoin Core is the wallets we use. Yeah there are other wallets and also hardware wallets too. We even use multiSig wallet. 

• +4 1

This is really cool and we all need to know about it. And knowing about this will help us to understand most of the things we don't really need about.

This is alwaya used just to testify that you are the main owner of specific address, and that only you have access to the address. 

thank you very much for sharing this kind of useful information I am a beginner on cryptotalk and I don't know much about this but by your post I have to know about this and I must try this thank you very much

Thank you very much for this update sir, even God knows I really need this guide because I'm newbie desperate for more knowledge 

This is an amazing work on this platform. This post really helpful for everyone who is working on this platform. Security of our income is more important than anything else. By signing in this electrum wallet, your income save and you become owner of your all asset. Best of luck for your work on this cryptotalk forum.