[GUIDE] How to sign a message from your Bitcoin address - Page 3 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
1millionClub

[GUIDE] How to sign a message from your Bitcoin address

On 1/16/2020 at 2:38 AM, Dolpharius said:

I use a blockchain wallet and a cold storage ledger nano s wallet, I also have the rest of the above services, but I do not hold significant amounts for them on me.

Hello. I have a Ledger Nano S since the end of 2017 but I don't use it. I prefer to manage my coins and tokens with Atomic, Coinomi and Guarda wallets. Trust is good too but i don't use it anymore. I signed a transaction only 1 or 2 times but it is an important thing we should all know.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +5 1

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

6 hours ago, bitcoinb said:

Hello. I have a Ledger Nano S since the end of 2017 but I don't use it. I prefer to manage my coins and tokens with Atomic, Coinomi and Guarda wallets. Trust is good too but i don't use it anymore. I signed a transaction only 1 or 2 times but it is an important thing we should all know.

yes, I agree - which wallet to use is everyone’s private affair and atomic and koinomi are worthy wallets I respect the choice, Do not forget to update your Ledger through the official website.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +5 1

Is this only for segwit bitcoin wallet?  I have used this, but only to get the bitcoin address.and that you have your private key for that address.
 Everyone should try and learn the sign-a-message

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +5 1

On 2/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, Hami13 said:

That had been an incredible course intended for the vast majority of end user who definitely are totally new in this article. Appreciate it intended for developing that course. Does one intellect touch-ups individual on this pole target making sure that end users can certainly pole a target in this article that you follow some sort of retrieval move in the event desired with foreseeable future.

Yes it's really very helpful for new user and also for older too and that's why we live this forum we can learn new things like this one and it's really helpful to sign your bitcoin address

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +5 1

I used this, but only to get the bitcoin address. If you don't need to sign, there is a problem with the address. because I'm not an expert on this, so I wanted to ask. Is this only used for segwit bitcoin wallet.

• +5 1

so signing a message for bitcoin or bitblock is all about securing your wallet more, or personalizing it. please be more specific in terms of it benefits 

• +5 1

Coinomi is very similar, you just go to your BTC wallet (main tab) and touch the three dots in upper right corner.  Then select "sign/verify message".

The trick is that you need to copy the address you are signing from first so that you can paste it here (you can have several addresses that sign from the same key).

Enter your message to sign, click "sign", then you get the signature you can copy for whomever needs it.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +5 1

On 1/27/2020 at 9:39 PM, Rifat23 said:

Message signing is a way you can prove you control a particular address, and demonstrate you have ownership of the funds.This feature is currently only available for your Imported Addresses, but will be implemented for all addresses in the future. To sign a message, go to Settings > Addresses, and scroll down. Choose which address you want to sign, and click More Options > Sign Message.

Message is a way to communicate and this is very easy way for the new people of this type which are messages very early and easily it maybe helpfully for Those who don't want to be call and it controls the balance in the mobile application

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +5 1

Thank you for this great tutorial I have searched for you everywhere and did not get it achieved, I thought it was a little more complicated but it is very easy thank you for helping

Nice Tutorial, Learned my things and tricks thanks for your support sir. I am stilling learning about the forms and soon will get more knowledge about it. I hope your tips should work fine in future. I am new to crypto currency and will get knowledge from this forms. I hope i would learn many things from these tutorials. Thanks For your kind post have a good day sir.

Edited by ZainKamran
  • +5 1

Thank you so much for your guidance. it is very useful for me and now i can easily can receive message from my yobit account. thanks for your kind heart guidance.

• -2 1
  • +5 1

Thank you for this great post. I was just asking about blockchain, and this post answered all my questions. Thank you very much.

• -2 1
  • -1 1
  • +5 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:44 PM, bitcoinb said:

That means you are keeping low amount, if you keep large amount, you will not use online wallets. The best wallet for holding bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies  is through using hardware wallets. I think you post is not pointing to the right direction. 

On 3/16/2020 at 11:44 PM, Maroua said:

Thank you for this great post. I was just asking about blockchain, and this post answered all my questions. Thank you very much.

Oh, what are you talking about ? This tutorial is to teach you how to sign a message from Bitcoin address on Electrum desktop wallet. I have not known yet whether it can be done by using Electrum mobile wallet or not but it is really useful for us if we are about to claim our ownership for some specific Bitcoin wallet address. 

On 1/29/2020 at 1:42 AM, scorpiali said:

Yes it's really a helpful feature to sign your bitcoin address with some caution or any Wich as you said to other people

While signing bitcoin address, there is no caution, it I either you get it or you are wrong. Like on coinomi or electrum, you can easily sign bitcoin address. It is a very simple step to take in a way no one will not make a mistake. 

On 9/4/2020 at 12:20 PM, Whited35 said:

I have not known yet whether it can be done by using Electrum mobile wallet

You can only sign address on electrum desktop wallet. No feature like that on the mobile version of electrum wallet. 

Я конечно не силен в английском, но все равно данный пост не останется без русского)) ребята, присоединяйтесь, обсуждайте последние новости, обменивайтесь мнениями и опытом) это же так весело) тем более такое знаменательное событие!нам есть что обсудить) тем более форум информативный, добыть можно любую информацию. Всем добра) 

Тг канал о новостях в криптомире.

@newsnplus

Signing and verifying a message with a Bitcoin address allows you to verify the ownership of an address without the need to share the private key. In other words, there may be cases in which an address is required to prove that someone is the owner of a certain address and, therefore, the best way to do this is by signing a message associated with that address.

There are many occasions when this action is required to prove that someone owns the bitcoins that are in a certain address, some of the most likely situations.

• +1 1

me sirvio muchísima tu informacion gracias lo pondre en practica ya mismo nuevamente gracias!!!

Does anyone know how to sign from the command console, I am curious how it would work without using the graphic option, thank you very much for sharing the post in favorites

z7K3SYt.png

On 8/10/2019 at 10:42, Consignee said:

Ese fue un gran tutorial para la mayoría de los usuarios que son totalmente nuevos aquí. Gracias por crear este tutorial. ¿Le importaría editar el tema con esta dirección de participación para que los usuarios puedan establecer una dirección aquí para seguir un paso de recuperación si es necesario en el futuro?

Enlace-  https://cryptotalk.org/topic/221-account-recovery-stake-any-address/

@epidemia ¿Puedes pegar este tutorial?

This was very helpful friend. I was doing the HEX Airdrop and I needed to do this work with the wallet to qualify for it. I already have my $ HEX coins