The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 23 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

Yes of course, you said it right and this your lecture will help a lot of members to especially the newbies to know the  difference or differentiate between coin and talkcoins, 

In addition or more explanation coins are native to their own blockchain. Whilst tokens have been built on top of another blockchain, like Ethereum, NEO, or Waves.,

Thanks for your immeasurable tips these information would be helpful to a beginner like now I know coins have their own blockchains but tokens don't have tokens depend on coins blochain forsurvival. Coins are bitcoin, ethereum while tokens are xrp.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Thanks for the information dude, i really don't know about the difference of token and coin i.am also not so old here but this information is useful and i much needed it once again thanks buddy to.share this important information with us..

• +4 1

@by mandory. There are different from one other both topics can also be found on the computer. Token can also by very important by them token can uses the proof element by them. 

@Mandoy01Hello my dear friend, even though I have more experience I didn't even know what is the difference between a coin and a token. So thank you for your variable explanation about it in the forum. Keep it up with this helpful mind.

The difference between a coin and a token is not much they are both cryptocurrency terms except when you use the word coin you are mostly referring to a cryptocurrency that has its own main network and when you referring to token you are talking about a cryptocurrency that is being hosted on other currency network.

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

My companion that is a decent inquiry. Tokens are that don't have thier own square chain while coins are free and has their own square chain. The two tokens and coins are kinds of cryptographic forms of money. Coins are for one installment and tokens for a few different uses and installments.

• +2 1

Am happy to see my see in this platform because am able to learn new words and they meaning and also know how to explain them in details if it happens am going to lecture on it thanks cryptocurrency.

The cryptocurrency surprises us more and more new users every day we learn something new from them, their terms, their different types of denomination, in short, I am grateful to the forum and its members for filling me with experiences.

• Useful or interesting 1

The tokens mentioned in this post are completely uknown, there are more that are better known and high in the marketcap, although it is not required to give examples, coinmarketcap has an indicator if an asset is a coin or a token and you can have that in mind when investing.

First what is a coin?

What is a token?

There are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

It's very interesting question in the beginning I am all so confused about token and coin but now I know the difference between the token and the  coin has its own blockchain like Bitcoin it is a digital currency wild token does not have its on blockchain I think both are important.

First what is a coin?

What is a token?

Thanks for sharing this information with us these information useful . And now i understand main difference coins and token .  That both blockchain to work systems that contain key chain is called blockchain. This site is good so informative and instructive site .this good site earn money. Thanks 😊

The difference is that tokens are made with the use of coin platform. Erc 20 token is based on Ethereum network and uses its smart contacts. To make your own token you just need to create your own contract, but you need to learn for this of course.

Thank you my dear friend for helping me out.Before reading this article I thought that coins and tokens are literally the same thing.Thank you for giving such a valuable information.You my man deserves a lot of positive responses.This forum should always entertain this type of posts that provides such a valuable and useful informations thank you.

Dear Friend! You can konw the difference between the cryptocurrencies and talk tokens. You can know about trading and bitcoin.

we can say that a token is a pure cryptocurrency made on its own code, and a coin is no longer counting a cryptocurrency, that is, based on the blockchain of another cryptocurrency.  that's all.

First what is a coin?

What is a token?

Tokens will in general allude on " coins" however which are made under a primary organized, created coins. More like a side tied coin 

Coins resemble autonomous coin on their own based establishment, without anyone else.

Coins and tokens are both part of the the crypto world and it seems we have to pass through token before we get to coin so with the information you shared you have really made us understand more about token and coins

Thank you very much for this information my dear friend. Useful and new information. I hope that we will find many clarifications on other matters as well. It must help many beginners to understand the difference between currencies and symbols.

• +1 1

Thanks mate as you've vividly made it clarified to the members and precisely the newly joined members.

I'm sure most of the members here doesn't know the differences of the two different coins but you've taken your time and explained it to the understandable level.

Thank you very much dear friend for sharing this explanation and the difference between coin and token I was not familiar with this difference before to read your post. I hope your post will be very helpful and beneficial for everyone.

Bundle of thanks fir giving us this useful information it is very good to know and the digital money because in future our all generation uses the digital currency so i think we should also use this currency and i hope they will develop more in some years.

@Seso You are right mate. I was confused about coin and token. But everything is clear now to me. Now I can divide tokens and coins. And this simple knowledge will be help in y trading life.